Would you Get a Jehri Curl?

Would you get a Jehri Curl?

• Yes! Pass me the Soul Glo!

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • No! This ain't 1988.

Votes: 96 84.2%
  • Maybe...I miss my old one/wonder what its like.

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Leave my Jehri Curl alone. (I already have one)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
no way. those glycerin loaded products will tear my skin up. i will be scratchin my face so hard its ridiculous. no thanks. ♥

I actually do have a curly perm (I do not know Jheri; Jheri does not curl my hair). I have had a relaxer and I have been natural. I was really not satisfied with either. I decided to try a Hawaiian Silky curly perm and I love it. It is easy to maintain. It is not drippy wet. I wear a regular satin bonnet to bed unless it is after a wash or retouch (when I need to add extra moisture). Most people think it is my natural hair. I do not get a lot of product buildup because I only use what I need when I need it (I can really just add a little water, finger comb, and go). I wash and condition once a week with Keracare products and do a protein conditioner when needed. My hair is extremely soft and fluffy after washing, more like the down on a baby bird instead of the bird's nest (that was how my relaxed hair felt, actually). I have not left any grease stains on any couches, to my knowledge. I am not a pimp (I would drive a better car and have better cash flow) and my requests for senior citizen discounts are always met with laughter. From what I've read lately on these boards, relaxed and naturals are probably using more Jheri curl juice and plastic bags than those with curly perms. I think that there are do's and don'ts for whatever style you choose to wear and everything "ain't" for everybody. Do YOU the best way YOU can and BE HAPPY with YOU.

It depends ... what decade am i in ? .. wait what am i talking about no, NO i would not get a jerri curl. Ive seen pictures you wouldnt believe ... picture you wouldn't scrae kids with even on Halloween

(shivers)

Erhmm...careful nah! That stupid bag happens to be the one thing (besides S Curl) that I have carried with me since I discovered it back then. And actually it is not so stupid after all. Ask all the ladies who baggy and they'll tell you just awesome that part of the regimen is for moisture retention. I believe it is also why I rarely break out even when I use product in my hair.

I hadn't used any moisturizing leave-in product in my hair from when I got my BC to 3 inches in Feb 2007 up until August 2010 and if it were not for baggying, I doubt I'd have retained any growth at all over the last 3 years. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it since. That bag and the juice might be the best thing that came from jheri curl era. :yep:

:amen:...........:yep:

I guess I am the only one who loved my curl. My hair grew so fast with it. I guess I really don't need it because I use curl activator daily anyway. My hair just loves the Soul Glow! When I am natural, I will probably get more benefit from it. I never needed to baggy my hair. I used a silk bonnet to sleep at night. Jump in the shower and used my WN juice and went. No wonder my hair grew super fast. I did not comb or manipulate my hair at all.:yep:

Last edited:
No. Never had one. But I used to see my mom apply them for clients in her salons as a kid. Jheri curls looked nice on a minority of people. I found the denser the hair, the better it looked. On some people, it actually looked natural. But on the majority, it looked a mess. I especially could not stand it on men.

The activator is the one good product that came out of that fad.

Erhmm...careful nah! That stupid bag happens to be the one thing (besides S Curl) that I have carried with me since I discovered it back then. And actually it is not so stupid after all. Ask all the ladies who baggy and they'll tell you just awesome that part of the regimen is for moisture retention. I believe it is also why I rarely break out even when I use product in my hair.

I hadn't used any moisturizing leave-in product in my hair from when I got my BC to 3 inches in Feb 2007 up until August 2010 and if it were not for baggying, I doubt I'd have retained any growth at all over the last 3 years. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it since. That bag and the juice might be the best thing that came from jheri curl era. :yep:

You beat me to the punch! Its nothing but "Baggying", same difference, with that same "Activator" that we rave about here on this very board, Dare I say, Jheri-Curl Juice or S-Curl No Drip! Hmmmmmm!!!!!

ETA: Dang! I wanna say "Thank You" so bad to some of you Ladies!!!

Last edited:
I had one back in the 80's. No need to repeat that! I've taken up the baggying habit again though on my natural hair. And using Scurl. I guess the only thing I left behind was Jheri!

I Would Try One, But With A Much Looser/Larger Curl. It Really DOESN'T HAVE TO Drip!!!!

That's what many ladies in THIS era don't get. They are still in the 80s and 90s. The newer version looks absolutely gorgeous and there is no dripping. If I could have done own hair I would never have switched. It's a good thing I like my texlaxed/texturised hair or I would go right back to the curly perm.

That's what many ladies in THIS era don't get. They are still in the 80s and 90s. The newer version looks absolutely gorgeous and there is no dripping. If I could have done own hair I would never have switched. It's a good thing I like my texlaxed/texturised hair or I would go right back to the curly perm.

What do you guys meant "the newer version"? The "old version" (even though I don't believe there's been a change in the process) didn't have to drip as a few of us have shared. The dripping came about when you sprayed too much juice. If you didn't, it didn't drip.

It's like the juicing on this forum. I juice on the day of washing my hair then baggy the rest of the days. Others juice daily. My hair is moisturized without being icky sticky wet. Others prefer having layers of product. Neither way is wrong.

As @EbbonyTix has said it doesn't have to be wet. It never HAD TO BE wet.

:nono: No because texture changing chemicals are involved and I haven't used (and don't ever plan on using again) chemicals in my hair in over a decade"

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

Back