Do you rollerset to curl or straighten?

Do you rollerset to straighten or to curl?

• I rollerset for straight hair only.

Votes: 41 46.1%
  • I rollerset for curly hair only.

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • I alternate between curly and straight rollersets.

Votes: 33 37.1%

• Total voters
I do both. I love to wear my hair straight but since I am trying to grow it out I dont wear it out straight anymore but the first week its relaxed. On days I know I am wearing a low cut shirt or something my hair is not going to rub against I rollerset wet to dry wrap to get the straight look. Other times I do the same thing w/o the wrap and where it up in a loose pony to add volume. I hate slicked back hair on me and like to have it kind of loose and big when wearing it up

i rollerset to straighten. Before coming to this site, i never realized that some people just took out their rollers and didnt comb the set out.

i only rollerset to get curls. every time i rollerset to straighten, i lose a bit more hair than i'd like combing the curls out.

Ok, I have all these rollers and it just dawned on me that most of the ladies rollerset to straighten and not to curl? Do you switch up? I only rollerset to get a curl and never (before LHCF) thought of rollersetting to get straight hair! Is it just me? Am I a doofus?:weird: :weird: :weird:

LHCF taught me to roll to straight. I roller set my natural hair and then straighten it with a flat iron. My hair comes out really bouncy.

Curls.
Cant do it myself, but I never wrap it flat after a visit to the Dominican, just get the roots blown out and pincurl. My stylist refers to it as 'the body'.

I do both. With rollers 2" or bigger to straighten. With rollers 1.5" or even smaller to get curls. With small rollers, the drying time becomes very quickly a BIG issue. I have waitlength hair, time under the dryer is around 1 and half hour with the 2" (the blue mesh rollers), under ùy rofessional dryer. It raises to 2 hours with the 1.5".
I did once with very small rollers for a party, it took an eternity to dry, probably 3 hours, I went out broken. But the result was fabulous.

I'm natural. I've rollerset a few times for a curly look, but the majority of the time it's in preparation for flat ironing.

Back