Would You Date Your Coworker?

Would you date your coworker?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
yup!!! Got my eye on one right now.

I've done it in the past and it didn't go as planned . We worked in different departments, different floors and different hours. But he made sure to continually come look for me when things were over.

But I would still do it again.

It depends. If I'm in a huge company, different departments and there's a very small chance we'll run into each other? Yes. Any circumstance where we're likely to run into each other or have to work together? Nope. Not unless one of us is on the way to a new job. :look:

I took it upon myself to start flirting back with him last week. Nothing too much just smiles, laughing at his jokes, let him buy me lunch Friday, etc and this dude is not discrete at all. I need to nip this in the bud. I mean...he has been all in front of other people this week acting like I was his boo. He hasn't told anyone anything from my knowledge, but when I saw him a few times in passing it seemed like it was something between us. He's just extra...

Soooo...how do I nicely end this? Just ignore it or tell him to leave me alone?

I took it upon myself to start flirting back with him last week. Nothing too much just smiles, laughing at his jokes, let him buy me lunch Friday, etc and this dude is not discrete at all. I need to nip this in the bud. I mean...he has been all in front of other people this week acting like I was his boo. He hasn't told anyone anything from my knowledge, but when I saw him a few times in passing it seemed like it was something between us. He's just extra...

Tell him you don't feel comfortable and you think your interactions are unprofessional and you think you should remain friends/coworkers.

Good luck.

Thank you. I haven't worked up the courage to say that yet lol

Girl just stop flirting, blow him off and KIM if you aren't interested. I wouldn't tell him anything. He's probably just excited that you are finally reciprocating his attention. If you still like him just say hey I need you to be more discrete. Say it once. If he continues KIM! No need for any big communication on the subject.

I did once, in high school. A lot of high school drama ensued but it was a fun ride overall.

But nah, I would never as an adult unless he's in an executive position

I married a coworker. :look: And since people have been asking other posters, we met, dated, and got married while working at the same place.

As far as the OP and her situation goes, establishing boundaries and maintaining privacy are a MUST - if you have doubts about his ability to keep your private business private, or if it will be difficult for either of you to keep things strictly professional at work, I would advise against dating. However, if neither of those things will be an issue, I think it's worth a try.

Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I just saw this. :nono: How did you decide to handle it?

Back