Would you date an atheist?

I dont know any that hates Christians :ohwell: Make fun? yea. Actual hatred? Not really

Now I do see Muslim men running after Christian women. That I find ironic but I take it that it's for conversion most of the time

Live and let live....hows that?

eta: deleted rest of post...already said same thing up thread.

Last edited:
What I find funny is the number of Atheists dating Christians. They claim to hate Christians but apparently can't resist. I find it funny.

I dont know any that hates Christians :ohwell: Make fun? yea. Actual hatred? Not really

Now I do see Muslim men running after Christian women. That I find ironic but I take it that it's for conversion most of the time

Like Fela said, I don't know many atheists who hate Christians as a whole. But as for people who marry them, I think it can be hard to find people esp in the black community who aren't religiously affiliated to some degree.

I know there is a chance that I would end up with one, but I'd be need to find a backslider, or at least one who doens't mind having a heathen for a wife.

To me:
Religion (and even politics or job) usually doesn't tell me anything about people when I look at them, their spirit does though.
Two people who are walking on different paths and seem opposite can recognize in each other's spirits something that is worth being loved unconditionally. They can even learn from each other, and they don't need to disappear into each other.

Like Fela said, I don't know many atheists who hate Christians as a whole. But as for people who marry them, I think it can be hard to find people esp in the black community who aren't religiously affiliated to some degree.

lol atheist arent the ones who worryu aout whom they're marrying. Tis the Christians who are told they are supposed to be with someone evenly yoked that should get the side eye, atheist can do whatever the hell they want :lol:

I am agnostic and I have trouble with men who are Theist and Atheists. The idea that they feel they know the absolute truth about life's big questions....is hard for me. But I can date either if we respect each other and try to understand each other. I have a harder time with men who are religious/Christians though. They seem less understanding.

you dont necessarily have to know an objective truth to have a belief, particularly on a subject where there is never going to be any consensus on objective truth.

HOWEVER, i would argue that atheists tend to base their arguments in science, and if one accepts scientific fact in every other area of their life to be an objective truth, it follows that they would accept scientific fact as evidence of the impossibility of the existence of God/Jesus.

Nope. I am agnostic. It's like Chris Rock said. If you're a crackhead, than you need to date/marry a crackhead, LOL!

have any christians in this thread actually met an atheist?:lol:

I'm actually friends with one (and only one). She isn't as yuck mouth about religion or life in general that I witness from others. But that could be just a difference in personality and have nothing to do with her being an atheist. [/kanye shrug]. I tend to keep lots of distance if I find out a man I have met is an atheist. :nono: But I won't get into that as feelings are already sensitive around here.

If he is ok with you believing in god then you should be ok with him not believing. If he is a good person overall why let go of that? A good man is hard to find already. Also a lot of atheists are good people because they just are not because they fear god.

We usually turn to our family and friends in times of trouble but in reality, one usually only has themselves to depend on. I can understand why some people cannot deal with that. However, my boyfriend and I are perfectly content with it. The results are usually more straight forward and more satisfying than prayer and what have you.

i feel like it's the same thing everybody does, just with/ without the addition of a spiritual belief.

cool thing is i can make fun of things too, but sometimes it's the way someone says something that makes you go hmmm.

To me:
Religion (and even politics or job) usually doesn't tell me anything about people when I look at them, their spirit does though.
Two people who are walking on different paths and seem opposite can recognize in each other's spirits something that is worth being loved unconditionally. They can even learn from each other, and they don't need to disappear into each other.

this is beautiful. :yep:

have any christians in this thread actually met an atheist?:lol:

probably and they were waaayyyy better than anyone on the internet. :lol:

If he is ok with you believing in god then you should be ok with him not believing. If he is a good person overall why let go of that? A good man is hard to find already. Also a lot of atheists are good people because they just are not because they fear god.

true, but are they ok with eachother's lifestyle choices? IJS because for me it's not just about a label someone puts on themselves or others, but how we live our lives in accrordance with these things.

My husband is agnostic. We have been best friends for 10 years, and married for 3 years. When we were just friends we would discuss religion, and those conversations didn't always turn out so well. Now, we don't discuss religion. I respect his beliefs and he respects mine. My husband is a good man, and he has a big heart. His moral compass is more sound than anyone I know, and he doesn't need religion to teach him that. We have agreed that until our children can make decisions of their own they will accompany me to church. If they have any questions, we will answer them honestly. I'm sure we will do just fine.

My husband is agnostic. We have been best friends for 10 years, and married for 3 years. When we were just friends we would discuss religion, and those conversations didn't always turn out so well. Now, we don't discuss religion. I respect his beliefs and he respects mine. My husband is a good man, and he has a big heart. His moral compass is more sound than anyone I know, and he doesn't need religion to teach him that. We have agreed that until our children can make decisions of their own they will accompany me to church. If they have any questions, we will answer them honestly. I'm sure we will do just fine.

Thank you, I have the same view/sentiment about my dh.

i hope no one is takes offense to people choosing to/not to date people on their beliefs. i would hope no assumes people are 'good/bad' people based on one thing. there are great people of all creeds. on that note, i also hope people don't feel the need to dismiss any importance of religion to defend themselves. if they have good morals with/without religion, good for them. in fact, we're all supposed to be that way anyway, religion just gives examples with a more goal oriented view.

if you're preferance is to share a belief system with your partner, that's cool. if it doesn't matter as long as you both have other core values in common, that's cool. :yep:

Back