Would you consider dating/marrying a man who use to sleep with men but found "God"..

Re: Would you consider dating/marrying a man who use to sleep with men but found "God

i personally wouldnt either.....when i think of a man, i dont think of a man being penetrated by another man...it is a complete turn off in my books, and even if i fell in love with him and he told me half way into a relationship, i would pick up and leave.

Re: Would you consider dating/marrying a man who use to sleep with men but found "God

No. I could not do that because I would always be thinking if he would return to his old ways. :ohwell:

NO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONNONONONONONONONONON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONNONONONONONONONONON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for sharing :lachen:

No. Although I think its great to find God and change your ways, Im a living testimony that those desires dont go away. Its a daily struggle to not resort to old ways.
I still struggle with desires to
marijuana.gif
:fat::pinocchio:210::look::nono:

Last edited:

No way! Ewww...

and changed?? :look:
Oh my lord save me. I feel sick just thinking about it. Never, never, never. :nono:

DLewis - can you please change your signature pic? It's pretty gross and making it hard for me to read your posts or any thread you pop up in. :lachen:

No, because then them will end up beoming down lowers

Nope, just like I wouldn't date a man who had been to prison.

God's forgiveness my cleanse him of his sins but that doesn't mean it's gonna cleanse him of other stuff he may have caught.

And then there are the backsliders...

Instead of an absolute no, I'll say that it's better to not have to deal with it....

...not me, thank the Good Lord...but a sisterfriend of mine dealt with this.... and her husband was a minister/pastor. And I've heard dude preach and sing before. He's anointed by the Lord. (Gifts are given without repentence (Romans 11:28) I don't want to hijack the thread because it was rough to see her go through that and she has a story to tell...and not the average kind... she's still married today and has a beautiful growing family....

In a nutshell, she didn't find out until after they were married. Of course, it devestated her. But thank God she's a praying woman or else it might have taken her out....

I just share that to say that while it's easy and quick to say "H nawwww", the deeper questions are:1) how would you know and 2) if that is the case, maybe be grateful for a man who had the courage and godly conviction to be honest about it and own up to it.... It's easy to want to walk away, but it takes much courage to stay and trust the Lord through that.

The more I'm on this board and as much as I look forward to marriage, it's becoming more clear as to what marriage takes... and so I pray daily....

Nope. Not if he felt the need to rehash sins that were supposed to had been forgiven. I dont think any person who truly understands the idea of forgiveness and repentance would reach back and give power to a sin that is supposed to be dead.

Do not speak of former things.

Would I be mad if one of his old boyfreinds told me he is his ex ? Yeah I'd be pissed. Id also leave. And thats my right.

So you say now, well thats why he rehased his supposed sin, so that you were aware.

And thats why I feel like how paul felt, it is better to be by yourself.

Nope, just because he found God doesn't mean he will never go astray and back to him old lifestyle. Just like a recovery addict, there is always a chance they will face tough times and backslide. My faith is God is strong but my faith in man is iffy.

Instead of an absolute no, I'll say that it's better to not have to deal with it....

...not me, thank the Good Lord...but a sisterfriend of mine dealt with this.... and her husband was a minister/pastor. And I've heard dude preach and sing before. He's anointed by the Lord. (Gifts are given without repentence (Romans 11:28) I don't want to hijack the thread because it was rough to see her go through that and she has a story to tell...and not the average kind... she's still married today and has a beautiful growing family....

In a nutshell, she didn't find out until after they were married. Of course, it devestated her. But thank God she's a praying woman or else it might have taken her out....

I just share that to say that while it's easy and quick to say "H nawwww", the deeper questions are:1) how would you know and 2) if that is the case, maybe be grateful for a man who had the courage and godly conviction to be honest about it and own up to it.... It's easy to want to walk away, but it takes much courage to stay and trust the Lord through that.

The more I'm on this board and as much as I look forward to marriage, it's becoming more clear as to what marriage takes... and so I pray daily....

I'd pray if we were already married and I found out it was something he did way back when. I wouldn't unequivocally file for divorce. But, I still might if I had asked explicitly about his sexual past and he lied about it because to me that would mean he's still lying and hiding and not truly repentant.

Now, if I happened upon that information beforehand, I'd still say no. And unless I felt a nudge from the Holy Spirit to change my mind, I'd keep steppin.

Never.
Relationships can be tricky enough anyway :nono:

Nope, no, not a chance!

See my cousin's husband revealed to her an incident in his past. I was like what. I wasnt shocked because certain things he did made me thing he was iffy, but then when I found out he put his hands on her.......I already knew it. I am a believer that a man who beats and degrades women is fighting with homosexuality issues, he may not have acted on it but trust they are their. How can you beat a women, but is passive with your "boys" whatever! So when I said my thoughts, she revealed his past to me. Nail on a head.

they are now seperated for about 4 months, different states, thank goodness.

also I believe a human is a human is a human, no matter how ordained you are, you are still human and you will always sin! period. We are not perfect and God does not expect us to be.

I also believe a sin is a sin. There is no sin worse than the other. murder and lying are the same degree of sin. there is no 1st degree sin or 2nd degree sin.

All that to say, its not about them chaninging before God, I just dont want a dude who has been with another dude.

God's forgiveness my cleanse him of his sins but that doesn't mean it's gonna cleanse him of other stuff he may have caught.

ITA agree with this. Also, If I were to find out that my husband had a prior sexual relationship with a man and didn't tell (and i would always ask in advance), I would file for divorce immediately!

NOPE. NADA. NOT AT ALL.

and changed?? :look:

You should post this in the Christian forum since it's about God's Power.

:yep:

I'm sure that the forgiving nature of Christians and their faith that God cleanses all and that prayer changes things and people would make every answer from a Christian be "Yes. I love the Lord and trust in His power. I know that his faith has changed this man and I will walk in the Light of the Lord with my husband because I too have faith that God will protect us. God wouldn't have sent me this man if it wasn't meant to be."

However MYSELF.... I wouldn't marry a man saying that "God" changed him from being bisexual. But if a guy I was going to marry said that he is bisexual but wants to be married and faithful to only me, I'd consider it. I'm bisexual and I know that I can be monogamous 100%. I hate this association with infidelity and bisexuality. The two do not go hand in hand. People need to get over that lil stereotype. A bisexual man who is comfortable enough to TELL his woman that he is bisexual... is not the typicall sex party HIV slangin' screw everybody bisexual. He's comfotable in who he is, loves who he is, will protect himself no matter WHO the partner is, and is honest with his partners.

That would you date/marry a bisexual man tickled me pink. Cuz people date/marry bisexuals ALL THE TIME without knowing it.

And let the church say, amen. I wouldn't do it. :nono:

:yep:

I'm sure that the forgiving nature of Christians and their faith that God cleanses all and that prayer changes things and people would make every answer from a Christian be "Yes. I love the Lord and trust in His power. I know that his faith has changed this man and I will walk in the Light of the Lord with my husband because I too have faith that God will protect us. God wouldn't have sent me this man if it wasn't meant to be."

However MYSELF.... I wouldn't marry a man saying that "God" changed him from being bisexual. But if a guy I was going to marry said that he is bisexual but wants to be married and faithful to only me, I'd consider it. I'm bisexual and I know that I can be monogamous 100%. I hate this association with infidelity and bisexuality. The two do not go hand in hand. People need to get over that lil stereotype. A bisexual man who is comfortable enough to TELL his woman that he is bisexual... is not the typicall sex party HIV slangin' screw everybody bisexual. He's comfotable in who he is, loves who he is, will protect himself no matter WHO the partner is, and is honest with his partners.

That would you date/marry a bisexual man tickled me pink. Cuz people date/marry bisexuals ALL THE TIME without knowing it.

Good Post :yep:

See my cousin's husband revealed to her an incident in his past. I was like what. I wasnt shocked because certain things he did made me thing he was iffy, but then when I found out he put his hands on her.......I already knew it. I am a believer that a man who beats and degrades women is fighting with homosexuality issues, he may not have acted on it but trust they are their. How can you beat a women, but is passive with your "boys" whatever! So when I said my thoughts, she revealed his past to me. Nail on a head.

they are now seperated for about 4 months, different states, thank goodness.

I would have argued you down about the bolded had I not witnessed it for myself. I have a friend that unfortunately beats his women, and I have strong evidence that he has had at least one homosexual encounter.

I have another friend whose husband informed her that he has homosexual urges. I suspected long ago that he might be, and told her so at the time. It wasn't until later that she confided in me that I was right. He has also hit her before, but hasn't (as far as I know) since he confessed.

i didnt place it in the christian forum because i am not christian and dont/didnt want to limit "god" to only christianity and the christian god.

I would not knowingly date a bi-sexual man and I don't believe that people can change their sexuality.

~Honey

OH H*LL TO THE NO!! I just couldn't do that. I could maybe be his friend and thats about it. Even if he was totally free of anything, or wouldn't sleep with men anymore. NO NO NO.:nono:

Back