Worst Hair Habit - Which are you determined to break?

apemay1969

I have the worst tendency of brushing my hair whenever it isn't as smooth as I want it to be. Because I airdry and I'm wearing half wigs, if the front doesn't dry perfectly smooth, I will get that brush and smooth it down. I know that isn't good for my hair.

The problem is that it gets to feeling good and I just keep going. :nono:I miss having my hands in my hair. If I want to stop my breakage and reach my goal this year, I better learn to keep the brush and the hands out of the hair unless it's absolutely necessary.

What bad habit do you wish that you could break?

Playing in my hair and eating junk food. The junk food is the worst habit. I know that's not helping my hair get any healthier.

I really need to keep my hands out of my hair. I have a real issue with touching and playing with my new growth. I think this is why I have been so faithful with my recently started oil massages...they give me an excuse to have my fingers near my scalp, so I can take breaks and touch my new growth!

Playing in my hair and eating junk food. The junk food is the worst habit. I know that's not helping my hair get any healthier.

Ditto.....Me too Loca:nono: I play with my hair way too much. Sometimes its the only thing keeping me awake in class. I also eat too much sugar, I love those darn sour patch kids:wallbash:

Ditto.....Me too Loca:nono: I play with my hair way too much. Sometimes its the only thing keeping me awake in class. I also eat too much sugar, I love those darn sour patch kids:wallbash:

Co-signing, I just told my baby, I love my new growth...the ripples...the texture....so soft....sorry...I was having a moment...:lachen:...I also want to stop drinking pepsi, eating a whole bag of hot fries and gummi worms....picking in my face and buying everything someone else raves is the next best thing...geezus...I could go on all night! :wallbash: I gotta stop this ish...

Co-signing, I just told my baby, I love my new growth...the ripples...the texture....so soft....sorry...I was having a moment...:lachen:...I also want to stop drinking pepsi, eating a whole bag of hot fries and gummi worms....picking in my face and buying everything someone else raves is the next best thing...geezus...I could go on all night! :wallbash: I gotta stop this ish...

The breakfast of champs :lol: I can't even buy candy anymore right now...I can taste them if I just think about it...my mouth starts to water and everything :lol:

I will say since starting back with my daily protien shakes, my sugar cravings are not NEARLY as bad.

im a chronic hair twirler:perplexed i only twirl one section and it's too the point where it has split ends and super frizzy (the rest of my hair is not like this). im like damn am I that stressed out?:look:

My most serious bad habit that I am determined to break is not combing from the ends and working my way up. I tell myself I am going to, and with all good intentions I start that way, but it takes soooooooo long; before I am finished, I've taken out the Denman, brushed it out, and put it up.

Bad newflowers!

thinking that the scissors are my friend! I consider a good pair of scissors a must have hair accessory!:grin:
This is why Im bunning it up . that way i don't hear my ends- which are not dry or damaged ,by the way call me out and say "trim me":drunk:

I pull at my hair and play in it.. It's really terrible. I also sometimes dont go to bed with a scarf on ..which is proably where a lot of my breakage comes from

too many ponytails. It's making that spot extremely sensitive.

Me, too. Now i'm noticing that i am my hair in front is starting to break off because of this. I need to lay off the tight elastic bands or do one french braid down the back.

I have to stop rushing the detangling process. I'm sure some of my "sheded" strains have probably been "ripped" out of my head.

Monitoring my hair growth every day or so. I need to just let my hair do its thing and not constantly look/measure to see if it grew an inch overnight...cuz that has never happened and never will.
:realitycheck:

A watched pot never boils and a watched head never grows....:wallbash:

Last edited:
Too much trimming, plus, I like to run my hands through my hair when I wear it out (its natural), so there are couple of areas in my hair that are considerably shorted than the rest of it.

I wish I could master protective styles better. I'd rather wear it down and out, but I know this is slowing down my growth process...especially cuz I wanna put mah hands in it all the time and this weather is doing it no better

Monitoring my hair growth every day or so. I need to just let my hair do its thing and not constantly look/measure to see if it grew an inch overnight...cuz that has never happened and never will.
:realitycheck:

A watched pot never boils and a watched head never grows....:wallbash:

:lachen:Slide on over RocStar, I'm right with ya LOL:lachen:

Waiting 2 weeks sometimes 3 to wash my hair after a relaxer. I don't wear my hair straight often and when I get it "done" at the salon it costs a grip. I don't like the idea of literally washing my money down the drain so I wait. I really don't know if I'll break this habit any time soon.

My worst habit these days is not being gentle enough when I detangle my NG. I really -really- have got to be more patient.

My worst habit is blow drying...I just can't stand hair drying though ( I look like a little bunny with a cotton tail! Words from co-workers:perplexed)...I'm sure I will stop it once i get home, then I will ba able to wrap/rollerset and sit under the dryer.

Trying to shampoo with every wash now that i am pre-pooing with heat(pre-poo means pre-shampoo right?I can't stop justifying it in my head).

I am constantly tugging at the root of my braids.Playing in my hair,and changing hair styles every couple of hours when it's down.I am now considering going back to the salon when i take it back down:spinning:...i just don't know yet...

1. Not being gentle with NG
2. Comparing my growth,etc. to everyone elses
3. Being lazy when it comes to wash/henna/DC day

Back