Worst Hair Habit - Which are you determined to break?

Relying on the stylist to do protective styles for me. I have to learn how to do my OWN braids and twists. I am able to do roller sets, but if I ever go natural again, it is best for me to do my own hair. The last person actually got her hand stuck in my natural hair and that hurt.:ohwell:

I really need to keep my hands out of my hair. I have a real issue with touching and playing with my new growth. I think this is why I have been so faithful with my recently started oil massages...they give me an excuse to have my fingers near my scalp, so I can take breaks and touch my new growth!

yep same here! I have a hard time leaving my hands out of those nice coils!! it's called HIHD.... (hand in hair disease) and I suffer greatly from it:lachen:

Brushing.

My scalp NEEDS to be brushed. But doing it gently and less frequently could be improved. I have a boars britle brush and I'm trying to do it less often.

I am impatient with my hair. I am constantly touching the new growth. I need to protective style my hair and take my mind off of it after I am done with it in the morning till the next morning.

Not putting moisturizer in my hair after it air dries. This causes me to have dry hair when I decide to style it which some times is 2 days later:nono:

Ditto.....Me too Loca:nono: I play with my hair way too much. Sometimes its the only thing keeping me awake in class. I also eat too much sugar, I love those darn sour patch kids:wallbash:

Ditto for me on BOTH! I play in my hair like I have no sense. Always :nono:. My boyfriend is always saying he's gonna 'tell those ladies on the forum that you keep playing in your hair!!' I stopped brushing but I just can't stop fiddling. Don't even get me started on sweet stuff!!! :mmmchocolate:

I think that my worst habit is unnecessary combing wet hair. It is just a habit for me to comb my hair once I finish washing it. Now I don't have any tangles so there really isn't a need for this. I wash my hair every three days so if I keep detangling for no reason then that is alot of hair I could be keeping. So for now on I am going to comb hair out when it's dry no more combing in the shower

Okay, new bad habit, being too tired to find my satin bonnet and trying to sleep with my head hanging off the bed or on my hand like Regina King in Friday. WTF. Please, I wake up looking jacked as heck. Dang, I work on some habits and pick up worse ones.

It's the devil, I tell you.

Co-signing, I just told my baby, I love my new growth...the ripples...the texture....so soft....sorry...I was having a moment...:lachen:...I also want to stop drinking pepsi, eating a whole bag of hot fries and gummi worms....picking in my face and buying everything someone else raves is the next best thing...geezus...I could go on all night! :wallbash: I gotta stop this ish...

Me too. I've got to do better.

Okay, new bad habit, being too tired to find my satin bonnet and trying to sleep with my head hanging off the bed or on my hand like Regina King in Friday. WTF. Please, I wake up looking jacked as heck. Dang, I work on some habits and pick up worse ones.

It's the devil, I tell you.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Not wearing a scarf every night (this also gives my cat free access to tug/step on my hair in the morning when he wants to eat).
I like running my fingers over the curls of my new growth then I touch my face... but now they've got coconut oil on them...:sad:

Not speaking up to my stylist about trimming when I go for a TU. I am paying her to do what I want yet I keep believing and trusting her about the trims. This habit is broken NOW!! I am either switching hair stylists or laying down the law with this one. (Otherwise she is pretty good with the hair care.)

P.S. What's wrong with touching your hair a lot?

Last edited:
I'm bad...1) pulling my hair to see if it's breaking, 2)touching my hair in general, 3) not drinking enough water, 4) not eating enough fruits and vegs and 5) heat styling (but this has gotten better, I've only done it twice this year).

I rarely drink water......ok, never. I'm very impatient in the shower when it comes to detangling my hair. I do the root to tip thing-real bad habit I still catch myself doing in the shower.

Another Hand In Hair Disease sufferer checking in. I've managed to let go of the constant combing and the brush but its like touching my hair is a reflex, LOL. My natural texture feels soooooo nice:lick: I have to stop tho.

Back