Worried...

LongCurlyLocks

Now that I can claim APL (thanks LHCF) I am worried about retaining my length. I had planned to go to the Egytpians for a staight style for when I take professional pics. I wanted to do this sometime in September or October. I should have my MT by Friday the latest, but I heard they use I lot of heat. Now I kinda don't want to do it. There aren't a lot of natural hair salons around here. What is some extra stuff I can do now to prepare my hair so if I do go, it won't break.

Can you go and visit the salon and person who you want to do your hair and watch her while she does someone's hair?

Congrats on reaching your latest goal. I don't know anything about the egyptian style of doing hair, but I would scope out if possible, the person who would be doing your hair.

I am sure others will chime in. If you feel it would be too much for your precious tresses please don't have it done. You have worked to get it to where it is, don't hand over control to someone else if you are not absolutely sure they can do what you want without damaging your hair.

Best wishes to ya!

I would not knowingly go to someone who I fear will use too much heat. If you get heat damage I think you will be devastated, especially after just reaching a goal and hoping to reach bsl by the end of the year. If I were you I'd wear a style that works with my natural hair, maybe just blow dry and wear a twist/braid out. Or wear a wig for the pictures. Keep looking until you find someone you trust, and still I wouldn't do it until I reached bsl, stay focussed on your goal.

Back