WOOT WOOT!! Another KCCC success!!

KaramelDiva1978

Ooooohhhhhh, I have to give KCCC their props big time!! I have been hearing the “battles” between the effects of KCCC vs. Eco Styler gel. Well, I have to vouch for KCCC, because it worked for me! As some of you may know, I recently cut most of my relaxed hair off since I’m in this pixie stage. With the tapered sides and back being 100% natural, I can only rock half wigs and perm rod sets. With this 80 and 90 degree weather plus humidity in the south and the fact that this is the FIRST time I’ve ever worn a wig, I had to let it go.

When I went to the salon on Friday for my shampoo and style, flexi set, along with a mini BC, she used Eco-styler to “blend and activate” my curls so that it would blend with the flexi set on top. When it just looked frizzed and “glued down” to me, no real curl pattern. It worked for the moment and the event the next day, but the more I looked at my hair on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, I’m like no, this isn’t it. :nono: I went to Whole Foods and was practically jumping with excitement because now KCCC is in AN 8 OZ JAR AND $16.99!! Yeah baby, I love saving money and the fact that a little goes a long way!!

Last night after a co-wash and Knot Today leave-in with KCCC raked through my curls POPPED in definition, like they were thanking me for their release!!!:lachen::lachen: LOL!! I must say, KCCC for Life!!! At least while I’m in TWA phase.

Does anyone else’s retailer sell the 8 oz for cheaper than $21.99??

I really like KCCC!! At first I felt a little silly for spending $30 for gel but it really works nice and you only need a small amount(to smooth down frizzies and add shine). This will last me a year.

KCCC is the best! Ricky's NYC sell's the 8 oz for $17 but I always go with the 16 oz. I love KCCC for the summertime! :D :D

OMG!!! Y'all coming after me. Gonna post pics as soon as I get home, sorry to disappoint, PLUS dh texted today and said go ahead with the BC. What 'chu say??!!! You don't have to tell me twice!! I'll be posting lots tonight.

i guess im one of the few that kccc just did not work for. i love the knot today but the kccc hates me. i use very little and still get major crunch and by the end of the day frizz. mind you i dont understand the whole frizz thing with this gel because my hair is fine, thin, 3c.
but i have a bottle of donna marie mirra curl gel so i plan on using that.

i guess im one of the few that kccc just did not work for. i love the knot today but the kccc hates me. i use very little and still get major crunch and by the end of the day frizz. mind you i dont understand the whole frizz thing with this gel because my hair is fine, thin, 3c.
but i have a bottle of donna marie mirra curl gel so i plan on using that.

I get the exact same results. The Knot Today works well but can't seem to get portion right for KCCC to work.

kccc is a staple of mine and there have been some close seconds, but nothing spot on, like it

Kurlee, how are you using kccc? WNGs, twists? thx.
wash and gos. I slap it in and let it air dry and i get smooth, soft definition for days. Donna Marie mira curling jelly is a close second and I have yet to try Uncly funky's curl stuff and afroveda's curly stuff.

wash and gos. I slap it in and let it air dry and i get smooth, soft definition for days. Donna Marie mira curling jelly is a close second and I have yet to try Uncly funky's curl stuff and afroveda's curly stuff.

Do you use KKKT under it? Do you get that cruchiness that others have mentioned?

I would like to love KCCC - I really would - but I can't get it to do anything but cake up on my 4a/b hair. Some say use a lot some say just a little - what ta do what ta do? I may try it again this weekend - any helpful hints for application?

I would like to love KCCC - I really would - but I can't get it to do anything but cake up on my 4a/b hair. Some say use a lot some say just a little - what ta do what ta do? I may try it again this weekend - any helpful hints for application?
Your going to have to keep playing with it bc I am 4b and was told to use alot and it was a :nono:! I just needed a little but I did have to use alot of KKKT!

Do you use KKKT under it? Do you get that cruchiness that others have mentioned?
i use any leave in. Usually elucence MB. With the others I get a softer hold, but the results don't last as long. With KCCC there is a little crunch the first day, but each subsequent day is better and better.

Here are the long awaited pics! I didn't BC until Friday night, so I'm sorry it's a bit later than planned. I like it, it's taking some getting used to, but I think it's me.

2010-05-15201202541.jpg

2010-05-1520122700_Baton20Rouge_Lou.jpg

2010-05-15201203281.jpg

2010-05-15201433581.jpg

2010-05-15201433091.jpg

This is 13 hours after my application of KCCC following the chop and deep conditioner.

Last edited:
Back