Woman crying in the salon

Honey01

Hey Ladies,

I've been really busy this past week, but I wanted to relate this story to you guys about my last salon visit last weekend. Okay, so I'm at the salon to get a blowout since I have a wedding to attend and I'm like 8 weeks post touch-up (but I couldn't get a relaxer since I had been scratching my scalp)with hella new growth. There's another patron who when I walk in is already getting her hair blown out. Her hair is approx neck length and she appears to be natural. Meanwhile, I'm shampooed, put under the steamer, rinsed, etc. and the guy is still working on her hair. I'm actually in my stylist chair before she makes it to the respective stylist that will be doing her hair. Initially, it seemed like two of the stlist were trying to kind of pawn her off on the other. So the guy starts pressing her hair and I began reading my magazine. I look up to see this poor girl with tears running down her face. The receptionist gives her water and tissue, but the chick continues to cry and SIT THERE! At first, I'm like is she in physical pain, is she traumatized from all the heat/manhandling? I must admit they seemed like they were working really hard to get hair to "submit". But she SAT THERE NOT SAYING ANYTHING crying with snot rolling and everything for over 20 min (I acutally left her there still crying). At first I was going to get up from the chair to ask her if she was ok, but then the receptionist kept going ovet to her. Isn't that weird? Why would a grown-a** woman sit there like that? I'm not going to lie, I have left a salon or two in my lifetime close to tears after seeing the end result, but I've never bawled during the whole process. One thing I can say thanks to LHCF, I speak up and ask questions at salons alot more. Screw them, it's my money and I'm the customer.

poor woman... i hope things will get better for her..... /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

Yeah, I hope things get better for her too. I'm assuming her crying was related to how she was being treated.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I hope things get better for her too. I'm assuming her crying was related to how she was being treated.

[/ QUOTE ]

if that was the case, the woman had better get a BACKBONE.............

My God Have Mercy! It sounds like they have dealt with her before. Screw that "pain for beauty" crap. /images/graemlins/swearing.gif /images/graemlins/angry2.gif

It does sound crazy for someone to cry while they are getting their hair done. Maybe she was sad about something else? I hope so!

Why was she crying was it painful or something? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

And you said she was a grown women like an adult not a big looking child cause I can't see no real grown woman doing this mess /images/graemlins/nono.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe something else was going on with her, whatever it is I hope it gets better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is what I'm thinking, especially since the receptionist brought her water and a tissue. Maybe there was a death or illness in her family or she just got a divorce or something and the people at the salon knew about it. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I agree with the other posters, maybe something else was up.... you assumed that b/c she was crying while sitting in the stylists chair, that the stylist was in some way, shape or form the cause of the woman's upset. I doubt that was the case. I don't know of ANYONE who would sit down and meekly take punishment, then pay for it... that just doesn't sound right

I fully agree with those who suggest that there was another reason the woman she was crying. That makes the most logical sense. You never know what someone else is going through. Bless her little heart. It makes me sad to think that she could have been in such a bad place emotionally. so sad.

I've seen that once. After she left I asked my stylist what that was all about and why was the lady crying like that. Come to find out, her son had been murdered and she was getting her hair done so she could look pretty at his funeral.

So you never know.

[ QUOTE ]
It does sound crazy for someone to cry while they are getting their hair done. Maybe she was sad about something else? I hope so!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe she's having a personal issue where she could not hold her tears from thinking about it and she probably didnt care who saw her cry.

Did she look like she was dreading the fact of getting her hair done??? Did she make motions as if she was tenderheaded or something? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Maybe it was something non-hair related. I guess shame on me for not getting involved. She had been smiling and reading a magazine when I first walked in. The reason I thought it was hair related because (1)the amount of time it was taking (2)the perceived attitudes by the stlyist that she had difficult hair (3) the extraordinary amount of heat and pressure being used. Maybe she was tenderheaded. I was in pain just looking at her getting her hair done. The stlyist himself seemed unfazed that a client in his chair was so emotional so I don't know if she's a regular or not.

BTW it was Ossama's.

Crystal:
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen that once. After she left I asked my stylist what that was all about and why was the lady crying like that. Come to find out, her son had been murdered and she was getting her hair done so she could look pretty at his funeral.

So you never know.

[/ QUOTE ]

How sad /images/graemlins/frown.gif

ITA with everyone - it must have been a personal issue she was dealing with and the receptionist / stylist knew.

Maybe she was getting her hair done to go to a funeral... or something like that. I think that's the only way i'd actually cry in public and even then i would have just done a low key chignon and skipped the shop.

Back