WL 2011

nakialovesshoes, sorry to hear about your setback. Well, at least you know WL is in you. You'll get back there.

April 23rd

04232011length.jpg

And check out this shrunken comparison:

Shrunken_comp-1.jpg

Um..I'm so sure you're past WL already. You need to take that hair on over to the hip thread. Heck, may as well check into that "crackin" thread too, mama. Now git!

@mwedzi :congrats: :congrats: on your growth!!!! Absolutely LOVELY!!!!! Where do you consider your waist?

Thank you. :blush3: It's hard to tell where my waist is looking in the mirror in a loose fitting shirt and what not. But it's between 10" and 11" on that shirt

Um..I'm so sure you're past WL already. You need to take that hair on over to the hip thread. Heck, may as well check into that "crackin" thread too, mama. Now git!

An inch is getting trimmed off when I go to the salon in a couple of weeks. My frequent use of the TT has wreaked havoc on my strands. I got splits up the yahoo. An inch will go now and another inch in a few months. So we'll see where I end up. I don't really like to join length challenges I can't comfortably make. We can't all have retention like you :grinwink:

Thank you. :blush3: It's hard to tell where my waist is looking in the mirror in a loose fitting shirt and what not. But it's between 10" and 11" on that shirt

An inch is getting trimmed off when I go to the salon in a couple of weeks. My frequent use of the TT has wreaked havoc on my strands. I got splits up the yahoo. An inch will go now and another inch in a few months. So we'll see where I end up. I don't really like to join length challenges I can't comfortably make. We can't all have retention like you :grinwink:

What the?? .... Did she just sass me? :scratchch... I think she did! :spank:
But uh...one inch, three inches. Still, you should at least be posting in the hip thread. It's gettting to hip, not starting with hl. :spank: (Hmph! Made me sweat out my perm.) Now, share the drool-worthiness, woman!!... :lick:

Oh, btw. Sorry about the tangle teaser trouble. I read that. :bighug:

Oh yeah you're WL all right, and don't get scissor happy-OK.
I'm sorry to hear about the TT, I thought it was great too when I first got it, but I felt SSK's which I have practically eliminated from my ends so I stopped using it ASAP. It's going in the recycling bin. You will bounce back from it since you've caught it pretty early.
Now go check into the HL & TL crakin thread Missy.

But uh...one inch, three inches. Still, you should at least be posting in the hip thread. It's gettting to hip, not starting with hl. :spank: (Hmph! Made me sweat out my perm.) Now, share the drool-worthiness, woman!!... :lick:

Yeah NJoy you're one of the queens of retention. If you do this year what you did last year WOW, even half of that retention is still WOW.
Are you still using sublimed sulfur? Is your regimen the same as your blog or have you changed it up?

Yeah NJoy you're one of the queens of retention. If you do this year what you did last year WOW, even half of that retention is still WOW.
Are you still using sublimed sulfur? Is your regimen the same as your blog or have you changed it up?

Lucia

I stopped with the sulfur (probably in October) while I was stretching because I didn't know what to expect. Since I texlaxed last week, I'm starting back on my basic routine this week and, yeah, I do plan to use sulfur. I don't need to grow as much as last year but, I'd like to make hip and then start maintaining there while trimming out these layers. I can't even begin to imagine myself with booty-length hair or longer. I think I'm just going to let it get as thick and healthy as possible. Not quite sure I'm gonna keep hip either. I think Lower Back Length would be perfect!

:giggle: It was a friendly tease. :poke: Also, I might maintain at WL for a while, that was my plan, and I might continue with it. But I'll be cheering you ladies on. Go hippers!:luv2:

nakialovesshoes, sorry to hear about your setback. Well, at least you know WL is in you. You'll get back there.

April 23rd

04232011length.jpg

Shrunken_comp-1.jpg

Your hair is such a inspiration! I just love seeing your updates!!! Are you planning to straighten the whole thing anytime soon?

What's TT? tia

mwedzi
Your hair will be fantastic @full WL iYour hairs sleazy superthick f you decide to maintain
so many of us growin to superlong lengths
Let the drooling begin :drool3:

Your hair is such a inspiration! I just love seeing your updates!!! Are you planning to straighten the whole thing anytime soon?

Thank you. :) I'm getting it straightened on May 7th. But I'll also get at least an inch cut off. I think I won't want to show any pictures. :nono:

NJoy, if you wear your hair straight, waist to lower back is a great length. Naturally defines the waist, I think. Do you wear your hair up most days?

April 23rd

04232011length.jpg

Shrunken_comp-1.jpg

:thud: Love your hair!! and that shrunken comparison pic is amazing, shrinkage never ceases to amaze me. Congrats but I think you past wl lol!

Updates:

I decided to do mini twists the other night (1st time attempting minis, 3rd time attempting to twist my hair). I must say they turned out better than I expected, my plan is to wear twists until Sept. My hair was already stretched out from a rollerset that was destroyed by humidity, I only used unrefined raw shea butter.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-04-25 at 9.51.43 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-04-25 at 9.51.43 PM.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG00759-20110425-1558.jpg
    IMG00759-20110425-1558.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG00760-20110425-1559.jpg
    IMG00760-20110425-1559.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG00762-20110425-1613.jpg
    IMG00762-20110425-1613.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
NJoy, if you wear your hair straight, waist to lower back is a great length. Naturally defines the waist, I think. Do you wear your hair up most days?

Definitely. :yep: That way I'm lazy on purpose. :grin:

Updates:

I decided to do mini twists the other night (1st time attempting minis, 3rd time attempting to twist my hair). I must say they turned out better than I expected, my plan is to wear twists until Sept. My hair was already stretched out from a rollerset that was destroyed by humidity, I only used unrefined raw shea butter.
Great job.

:eyebrows2under the dryer for the next hour. ROLLERSETTING this bad boy was a horrible experience and I hope next time it will be better. DH came in to save the day and got pretty good towards the end. Hense I would have been there all day w/o him. I owe him some

:eyebrows2:blondboob:dinner::kiss2::kiss::bdance: :Rose:

Awe, that's so sweet of him.

Mini update: I'm about 2 inches away from waistlength. I'm about 2 months post and when my hair is stretched when wet it's 2in away from grazing. I cornrowed all of my hair into a bun and I'm going to keep them in for 3 weeks. I'll take them down may 20 weekend then re-cornrow until my retouch at end on June. Hopefully I'll make waistlength by end aug so I can do a good trim in dec and still be waistlength. I want these layers out! Lol

@mwedzi your hair is gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

@s4pphir3 your mini twist are really pretty! I think your hair is gorgeous btw!

I am 1.5" from MBL (my first 2011 hair goal) :yay: and prayerfully I will be WL by December or very close to it! I had my 3rd long hair dream last night so I am truly inspired! :grin:

Let's do this...grow&retain!

Last edited:
Hello everyone :hiya: good to see all the progress :yep: I'm currently 4 or so inches from WL. Keeping my hair straight and bunning have really helped me to see length this year. If I keep it up I should be touching WL by December. I need to give up on this TT but it makes detangling sooooooooo easy, even if it means I get a couple splits (or a lot of splits :sad:)

Hello everyone :hiya: good to see all the progress :yep: I'm currently 4 or so inches from WL. Keeping my hair straight and bunning have really helped me to see length this year. If I keep it up I should be touching WL by December. I need to give up on this TT but it makes detangling sooooooooo easy, even if it means I get a couple splits (or a lot of splits :sad:)

I don't think I'm seeing the splits like everyone else...at least I don't think...:congrats: on being 4 inches from WL! You'll definitely make it by the end of the year :yep: :yep:

alright girls, I think i can come back for real now. Its almost graduation time, I will be at Tulane Law this fall, and I can play in my hair a bit more now that stress has been relieved. They gave me a $20,000 per year scholarship, which will help A LOT!. Now for hair: 2 inches from WL! So I am hoping to be there by about September, and full before the year ends. Here is the most recent pic, not the best, but I was in a rush. lol

2dm61kg.jpg

I am also babying it a bit more because my ends are thinning. Residual effects from not properly caring for it when I had highlights and letting it be out too much. Trying to keep it up again.

I've had some set backs since I colored in September....so I've been shedding and clipping my ends I went lighter this last time and my hair is saying nononono so I'm back in braids...until October I will do to sets over the next few months..I like when I'm in braids because I can treatment my hair without manipulation....I'm starting my sulfur mix today my braids are a week old....and I'm looking for some growth....I wont say my goals in inches over the next few months because I don't want to kick off a debate about it being or not being possible ...lol so I will be back in a few months with an update....but I think I will hit mbl by the end of the year wsl might be a stretch lol

i haven't been on here in quite a while but here's the update:

still pushing for WL by year's end even though i know i'll need 2012 to fill it in more.

will be perming this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is after a 5 month and 7 day stretch, so i'm hoping to cw my hair amap during the summer to bring on the growth spurt....can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULIONS Black Hoya Chick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you go girl, you go!!!!!!!!!!!

Back