WL 2011

TO EVERYONE!!! Just a few questions to spice up the thread :yep:. 1) What do you gals plan to do to celebrate reaching WL? Straighten it and wear it out. Buy a "You can't tell me nothin'" outfit and take pictures.
2) What are your plans afterward? (on to HL, trims, color, etc) Maintain the length in back while allowing the crown and sides a chance to catch up.
3) Before you began your haircare journey, what was your starting length? I think I was APL when I decided to aim for WL.

4) What's the one style you've always wanted to do with long hair? A roller set where the hair just cascades down. Kind of like the hair in Sparklingflame's siggy before her big chop.

5) Where do you see your hair at its ultimate goal? Full WL, thick. Little to no layers.
My answers are in red.

Update- I measured my hair last wed (3/9) and I have 6 inches to go until WL

Update- I measured my hair this week (5/1) and have 5 inches to go until WL. I will still continue to wear cornrows under my wigs and continue to use the same products

Black Hoya Chick, congrats on your scholarship. That's the exact same scholarship I received to attend Tulane Law School. You will enjoy it!

S4pphir3 could you please provide more information on how you did your twists and prepared your hair. I'm thinking about adopting a style like that for the summer.

I just measured and I'm 5 inches from waistlength which is very doable in the remainder of the year. I do have a few challenges...I like to wear my hair down and I like to brush my hair. I don't like buns because the pressure gives me a headache. My hair is very thick even the ends despite the brushing. I have tried to minimize brushing my hair as much as possible but it feels so good on my scalp even though I do notice that I have some shed hairs and some breakage I guess.

I am back on my grind with making this goal. I'm going to join that oil challenge so I can make myself moisturize and seal every night, and put my claudie's elixer on my scalp 2xs a week.

I have 3 inches until MBL. At MBL I plan to do a good thorough trim, color my hair and do a BKT. With my renewed vigilance in hair care and switching up a few things nutritionally/supplementally I will be at MBL by the 1st of August and then I'll have a buffer to make up the remaining 2 inches to WL by December.

Interestingly enough. I'm pretty tall and I thought that would mean that I have a longer distance to go to get to WL but it seems those proportions are the same no matter the height. I do have 14 inches until HL so I guess that means I'm highwaisted?

after cut/trim:

120nea8.jpg

Hello ladies. Still aiming for WL. Can y'all help me out with where WL is on my body. I've been aiming at the 15 in. mark but these jelly rolls stopping me from seeing the smallest part of my waist.

a6890cba-55b1-b878.jpg

It's embarrassing putting my fat on blast like this but hair trumps embarrassment. LOL!

Hello ladies. Still aiming for WL. Can y'all help me out with where WL is on my body. I've been aiming at the 15 in. mark but these jelly rolls stopping me from seeing the smallest part of my waist.

a6890cba-55b1-b878.jpg

It's embarrassing putting my fat on blast like this but hair trumps embarrassment. LOL!

Hard to tell from that angle.

a6890cba-55b1-b878.jpg

I would say 13

Just checking in. I'm just trying to keep up the protective styling and avoid heat. Still not to MBL yet but I think I'm getting close!

UPDATE: My hair's okay, going to get rid of all my products and find better staples. Progress pic in a month, if not then in another 4 months since usually my updates are 7/8 months apart.

So I did a very thorough self trim today and the bottom of my V is still just past my brastrap. My shortest layer is grazing APL. I'm excited about getting to MBL by the end of summer. I'm back to moisturizing and sealing everyday and... dare Is say rocking my curls all summer long. WL is mine!

nothing special. still playing in my straight hair. gonna wash it after graduation on the 21st. then curly till either Thanksgiving or Christmas. Hopefully waist by then.

a6890cba-55b1-b878.jpg

I always look for WL in relation to elbows. For me, it's about where my elbows touch my side. Especially now, that I'm pregnant and my waist a thing of the past. lol

Just checking in. I just discovered half wigs which I'm loving so far. I'm hoping to incorporate these into my regular regimen to help w/ my retention.

Hey ladies! I'm 10 weeks post and I straightened my hair for an event. I measured at 3in to go till WL. So i'm still on track for WL 2011 :-D. I have a bit of a "w" shape cuz my sides are clearly growing faster and the back middle has always been a problem area. Surprisingly tho, my ends look really good and I haven't had a trim in almost a year. I plan to trim again in Dec to even it up. My next relaxer is end of June.

Attachments

• unofficialmayhair.jpg
    unofficialmayhair.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 65
  • unofficialmayhair-copy.jpg
    unofficialmayhair-copy.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
:hiya: Checking in!!! I won't be straightening until July...Hoping I will at least be closer to WL than I am now (which is 2.5 inches away)...Happy Thursday!!!

Thanks ladies for your help! My next update is July so I'll be back with my measuring tape.

Beautiful hair ladies, I'm enjoying the updates. Congrats to all who are less than 3 inches from WL! You are at the finish line. Let's go

Back