WL 2011

Today I measure my hair (I usually measure while wet with my braids in) and now i have 7 inches to go before reaching WL. When i last measured in september I had about 9 inches to go. I hope to reach bsl by july (fingers crossed)

goodness! how do you keep all that gorgeous hair under that short wig?

Beehive cornrows lay my LF/Wigs down like no ones business. I honestly love rocking my short wigs right now :) I am in short hair faze. IF not for the braids I doubt I'd wig it like I do :grin:

Beehive cornrows lay my LF/Wigs down like no ones business. I honestly love rocking my short wigs right now :) I am in short hair faze. IF not for the braids I doubt I'd wig it like I do :grin:

Do you do this yourself or have someone else braid it for you?

Ugh I'm still grazing BSL, I guess I have "lead hairs" that are about a half inch past BSL but I want to be full glorious BSL by the end of February!!

And why does my hair seem short to me when it's the longest its been in my adult life?

I'm going to put it into overdrive. I'm going to do scalp massages with Claudie's elixer every night. I will be back with a picture at the end of February when I get to full glorious BSL.

I wear my hair down everyday and I still believe I will make my goals without protective styling. It's important to me to wear it this way because you better believe when it gets down to my waist I'm not going to want to wear it in a bun. I figure I better learn how to retain my hair now so I'll be able to retain it then.

Regarding the bolded statement above - I totally know what you mean. Its like the longer my hair gets, the longer I want it to be. :ohwell: When my hair was chin length, I told myself that once it reached BSL I was going to get bi-monthly trims and maintain it at that length. (I don't know what I was thinking!) Now BSL doesn't seem as long as I once thought it was.

Do you do this yourself or have someone else braid it for you?

My cousin braids it up for me :) I am so appreciative for that :)
I have braided it before but those were some ugly cornrows but they did the job. I can do other peoples just the hand curve on my own head is something I will have to learn :)

My cousin braids it up for me :) I am so appreciative for that :)
I have braided it before but those were some ugly cornrows but they did the job. I can do other peoples just the hand curve on my own head is something I will have to learn :)

Oooohhh okay. I don't have anyone to braid my hair for me.:nono: But I would like to one day to get a wig. I can braid my own hair but I've never tried a beehive cornrow and it doesn't seem like something that I can do myself anyway.

I've been trying for years...
I'm about 4-5 inches away from WL. If I don't get there by New Year's Eve, I quit!

Hi Ladies! I joined this challenge with hopeful/wishful thinking when I was APL. I know I won't be WL in 2011 or 2012! :lol:

Last night I went to get my touchup and my length only changed a tad. My hair care consultant and I talked and he suggested that I may have reached my terminal length. I was :sad: to hear that. I know there have been discussions about that here on LHCF, but I trust him and know he knows what he's talking about. I know that God is in control and if I continue to do what I'm doing I will see a breakthrough.

Anyoo, I will continue to follow good hair care practices and just live life.
Regardless of that discussion, I am just grateful for healthy hair at any length.
I will continue to nourish and hydrate my body with whole food and plenty of pure water.
Prayerfully, that will make the difference.

Oooohhh okay. I don't have anyone to braid my hair for me.:nono: But I would like to one day to get a wig. I can braid my own hair but I've never tried a beehive cornrow and it doesn't seem like something that I can do myself anyway.

Guess what My first set came out looking like lumpy grumpy the spots that were regular like going from the nape to the back of my ear was okay going from ear to front forehead was hard LOL, as I come further to the front it got normal again, really it was the left side of my head that you can tell was :giggle: when you looked at it.

I guess the more we try the better it will look.

I've been trying for years...
I'm about 4-5 inches away from WL. If I don't get there by New Year's Eve, I quit!

:nono: :nono: Don't quit!!!! 4 to 5 inches is very close!!!! We're here to support you! :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Hi Ladies! I joined this challenge with hopeful/wishful thinking when I was APL. I know I won't be WL in 2011 or 2012! :lol:

Last night I went to get my touchup and my length only changed a tad. My hair care consultant and I talked and he suggested that I may have reached my terminal length. I was :sad: to hear that. I know there have been discussions about that here on LHCF, but I trust him and know he knows what he's talking about. I know that God is in control and if I continue to do what I'm doing I will see a breakthrough.

Anyoo, I will continue to follow good hair care practices and just live life.
Regardless of that discussion, I am just grateful for healthy hair at any length.
I will continue to nourish and hydrate my body with whole food and plenty of pure water.
Prayerfully, that will make the difference.

I hope that you haven't reached your terminal length! I'm sure that you do trust your consultant, but he even said that you "may" have reached it...Keep hope alive, hang out in here- we'll get there together!!! :bighug:

:nono: :nono: Don't quit!!!! 4 to 5 inches is very close!!!! We're here to support you! :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

I hope that you haven't reached your terminal length! I'm sure that you do trust your consultant, but he even said that you "may" have reached it...Keep hope alive, hang out in here- we'll get there together!!! :bighug:

Thanks for the support pretty lady Janet'! :hug2:

:nono: :nono: Don't quit!!!! 4 to 5 inches is very close!!!! We're here to support you! :bighug: :bighug:
I think 90% of the reason I haven't reached WL is excessive trimming and the other 10% being breakage. I intend to get a handle on both of those issues this year.:yep:

I NEED to join this challenge!
I'm currently at MBL but I suffered a bit of a setback with protein overload( all better now) and will need to trim at my next touch up and go back to BSL. So I'm shooting for WL by December 2011!

Okay, I wanted to post a pic of my true starting length but this would have to do since the camera freaked out after this one test shot (hair shown not combed and not straight)

Hair.jpg

I actually have about 3.5 - 4 inches until I'm WL.

Happy Sunday Ladies!!!

Janet, I had to thank you personally because thou truly so give motivation to those who ask for it, need it those who didnt know they did. Making sure everyone hoeyrs faith in the unseen. Your an inspiration :)

I keep thinking "if I graze it" then when I read your post I get all "I can make it" ((..Laughing..))

Good Monday Everyone,
I am in braids still for the next 2 weeks. I am rocking my Blair wig. I have to actually grease and spray my braids down on Wed.

I hope all of you are doing well :grin: Have a great day.

Janet, I had to thank you personally because thou truly so give motivation to those who ask for it, need it those who didnt know they did. Making sure everyone hoeyrs faith in the unseen. Your an inspiration :)

I keep thinking "if I graze it" then when I read your post I get all "I can make it" ((..Laughing..))

Aww! Thanks!!!! :grin: I really appreciate that and I'm glad that I can help! You really ARE going to make it :yep: :yep: :yep:

Good Monday Everyone,
I am in braids still for the next 2 weeks. I am rocking my Blair wig. I have to actually grease and spray my braids down on Wed.

I hope all of you are doing well :grin: Have a great day.

I am off today- snow day in Atlanta!!! So, my hair will probably stay up in this bonnet, lol! Happy Monday to you!!!

I am off today- snow day in Atlanta!!! So, my hair will probably stay up in this bonnet, lol! Happy Monday to you!!!

Hi Janet'!! :hiya:

Happy Monday to everyone!

I am moving from Chicago to Atlanta in March. My mom has been in ATL for 3 years now, she says that it gets really crazy down there and all the schools close when there is just a little bit of snow! I hope it warms up down there before I move...I'm try to get AWAY from the cold!! LOL.

^^^ I see the news where the guy In Atlanta is skiing in the street. Looks fun :)
Tomorrow we are expecting another 8 inches here. On top of the 2 feet plus, on top of the 5 inches now an additional 8 inches. LOL

Hi Janet'!! :hiya:

Happy Monday to everyone!

I am moving from Chicago to Atlanta in March. My mom has been in ATL for 3 years now, she says that it gets really crazy down there and all the schools close when there is just a little bit of snow! I hope it warms up down there before I move...I'm try to get AWAY from the cold!! LOL.

Well, well, well :welcome3: Can't wait to have you!!!! It does get crazy...I think because it's not just snow, but we get ice really bad here...Like now, it's sleet and freezing rain and a little bit of snow so it makes the roads bad and yes, I'm in education and they've closed schools today and they will probably be closed thru Wednesday because the temperature is so low...

Atlanta definitely doesn't compare to Chicago when it comes to the cold. I have a friend who lives in Oak Park (I visit her twice a year) and yeah-you guys get serious wind and cold!!!

^^^ I see the news where the guy In Atlanta is skiing in the street. Looks fun :)
Tomorrow we are expecting another 8 inches here. On top of the 2 feet plus, on top of the 5 inches now an additional 8 inches. LOL

Lol. I know you guys probably laugh at us with our 3 to 4 inches and they shut EVERYTHING down!!!! I couldn't imagine 2 feet plus...that's SERIOUS snow!!!!

Aww! Thanks!!!! :grin: I really appreciate that and I'm glad that I can help! You really ARE going to make it :yep: :yep: :yep:

Anytime, :). I really do hope I am going too. I'm working hard for it. Your going to make it flight along with me. As will as the others here :)

Ahh the snow, we got snow here for one day, unlike Atlanta it surely didnt stick, ((..Laughing..))

So this year, I've re committed to twice daily moisturizing of my ends. I was slacking off but restarted in Dec and my knot prevention and manageability have improved. I'm doing weekly deep conditioning and may add henna back to the regimen. The ceramide oils are working well. Let's see what else. Vitamins. I take ultra nourish hair.

I wanted to try the sulfur challenge but IDK with the smell whether I'll be able to do it.

Last edited:
Awwww, thank you!! Since I won't too many people when I get there I'll be on the lookout for an LHCF meetup in the ATL area!!

Atlanta definitely doesn't compare to Chicago when it comes to the cold. I have a friend who lives in Oak Park (I visit her twice a year) and yeah-you guys get serious wind and cold!!!

Girl tell me about it! That's one of the main reasons I can't wait to get up outta here....quick, fast, and in a hurry!!!! I can honestly say I'm used to it now...but I won't miss the weather at all!

One thing I am concerned about is my hair......I know climate and water changes can wreck havoc on hair, skin, and nails. :perplexed I am going to have to be really careful if I want to make WL by December. Lots of protective styling and very little heat.

I did a ponytail rollerset and dried half under the hooded dryer and half air-dried (this was not intentional I just hate sitting under the dryer) and I loved the results. My hair was staight w/ no direct heat and it was soo much quicker than a full roller set. I think I'm gonna have to incorporate this into my reggie to help me retain all of my growth to inc my chance of reaching WL this year b/c I'm a slower grower.

I'm MBL for now. I hope I'll be WL by june this year.

I've decided not to use heat anymore. My technique is not good enough and passing the iron multiple times just causes breakage and lots of split ends.

I'll DC once a week, henna once to twice a month and moisturize regularly.

Instead of dusting/ S&Ding too often, I have scheduled a small trim (0,5cms) every 3 months.

Just poking my head in to say hi! :hiya:

Right now I'm sitting under my steamer with a little Alter Ego. This is my first time using it. I hope I'm happy with the results.

I am planning to come to Atlanta this weekend for my birthday, all that snow better be gone and the streets clean. LOL

Back