WL 2011

I want in!!

I believe I will be at WL by Dec 2011.
My hair grows fast if I don't burn it off. So what I will be doing is:

1. Sew ins-2 monthes at a time. I will not be wearing my hair without a sew in for at least 8-9 monthes.
2. No flat ironing. No heat at all!
3. Oiling my scalp with grapeseed oil while in the sew ins.
4. No trimming. I will do a S&D before I put in my first sew in. But after that, I won't be cutting anything but my fake hair!
5. I'm about 3 monthes post relaxer. So I will not be putting any relaxer in my hair until after my 8-9 month period. I may decide to just completely transition and slowly cut off my relaxed ends. I'm not quite sure yet!:drunk:

So this is what I'm doing to get to WL in 2011.

My hair's so dry :sad:. Not only was it dry today, it's been dry for few weeks now. I just keep adding leave-ins and changing them around, but the results have been the same. Using that **** curling iron!! Why did ya'll let me do it?! :spank: My ends look atrocious. And when I ran my hand gently through my hair, I pulled back a small ball of hair :nono:.

I need to get my moisture level back up. I'm going to cowash and rinse my hair everyday this week. I'm also bunning still like I said I would. Hopefully I can get this head in tip-top shape soon.

I usually like to clarify and then use deep moisturizers when my hair is leaning too much to one side. Start with a clean pallet type thing. :)

Have you tried steaming in a deep conditioner. Also, if you don't have one of those the Self Heating Conditioning caps at Sally's for $2.50. You put your conditioner on put that cap on for 3 hours and You should have some moist hair :)

I had a setback ladies...I was full BSL(below bra) and now I am back to BSL(top of bra) and a little past shoulder length in the front. I am so upset by this.

I really want to make it to WL by the end of this year. I am joining the challenge. I have been wearing braids for two weeks now and this will be my Protective Style of chose for most of this year.

My starting pictures!

Its been 7 weeks since my last relaxer and since I wasn't ready to relax it again I flat ironed it to get a length check. Hopefully I won't be flat ironing again until the end of the year!
aefc94ae-c345-44b1.jpg

aefc94ae-c374-a980.jpg

I got the usual shedding and breakage...
aefc94ae-c3bd-d2b0.jpg

Once I finished and took a pic, I noticed that my middle looked thin and my ends were uneven
aefc94ae-c488-f075.jpg

So I decided to let my cousin trim it. She didn't trim much, I think she was afraid I would have a heart attack if she cut it too short. So anyway here is my official starting picture!
aefc94ae-c570-5e5b.jpg

Waist Length 2011....(clicking my heels) I think I can, I think can!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Last edited:
I usually like to clarify and then use deep moisturizers when my hair is leaning too much to one side. Start with a clean pallet type thing. :)

Have you tried steaming in a deep conditioner. Also, if you don't have one of those the Self Heating Conditioning caps at Sally's for $2.50. You put your conditioner on put that cap on for 3 hours and You should have some moist hair :)
Thank you for this! I shampooed not too long ago and I did a DC with coconut milk but my hair felt like crap afterwards. Is coconut milk a substitute for a protein dc? I'm guessing that it is and I'm guessing that it was too much for my hair. When I take my bun down to rinse, I'll see if my hair feels any better now. If not, I will be clarifiying and deep conditioning tonight.

I'm joining. I believe I can make it by year end. I don't have a starting pic (at the moment), but I am full BSL. :yep:

I plan to do a mixture of rollersets, braids, PS's, and sew-ins to reached WL by the end of the year. I plan on stretching 12-16 weeks and doing DC treatments every week and protein treatments every 2-3 weeks.

First thing I am doing when my hair is WL is wearing a SIDe BUN with my clipin bang. I am going to love it! I am going to have a piece of hair peeking out :)

My cowashing and rinsing worked!! My hair feels so much better and my ends are improving. So I'm going to stick with wet bunning for now.

I'd love to join you ladies! WL 2011 all the way baby!!!! :woot:

I plan to moisturize or baggy daily
Stay bunned up
massage my scalp with EOs a few days a week
cowash weekly

I'll post a starting pic once I straighten and trim.

HHG!!!! :bouncegre

Last edited:
Here's my starting pic. My hair is in a twistout, but I will update you all again when I blow it out next month. Last time I checked I had about 5 inches to go to WL.
DSCN8978.JPG

I cut about three and a half inches off a few weeks ago, 1 inch at one point and 2 1/2 at another point and now instead of being one inch from BSL I'm a half inch from BLS...I'm still transitioning and it's getting on my last nerve...God knows I would cut the damaged hair off but I would look like I have a mullet....PARTY IN THE FRONT! BIDNESS IN THE BACK! Lol but yeah I'm planning on waiting it out till may which shouldn't be a problem because it grows fast and my growth aids b poppin...

UPDATE: Hello everyone, I took a long break from LHCF and I've only been popping in recently for a short time now but I decided to check-in. I hope everyone is doing well on their haircare journey and the new year brings lots of growth. :grin: :lol:

I think I've only updated with pictures once (if you missed that, the same picture is in my signature) but I will be again for this year sometime between now and March depending on when I get my relaxer. I am now air-drying instead of blow-drying to get my hair to the best possible health that I can under its conditions and to also retain as much length as I can. For now my regimen is wash, condition, and air-dry with no leave-ins, moisturizers, oils, or butters included. Due to this, I stress heavily on conditioners to help maintain manageability, length, and a proper moisture/protein balance. I've been slacking on taking my multi-vitamins but I'm hoping I'll change that with my new year's resolutions by at least taking a regular dose every other day.

Anyway that's it for now, I know that was very abrupt, I'll be back with new pictures soon! HHG everyone! :wave:

ETA: I just realized one of the objectives is to come in and update regularly with my other challenges. Since I copy and paste my updates to each thread, I'll try to be here at least monthly for an update. I won't have much to add but I'll try to at least add a line or two concerning my hair especially since it's already 2011.

Last edited:
^^^^^Is your shirt where wl is on you? If so, you will be there quick, fast and in a hurry! Lookin good! :yep:

Yes, My first roll I was trying to hide that disgrace LOL, I was like :nono: don't want to scare people. Hey I have four boys LOL Let me roll like that. LOL

Yes it is waist on me. Thanks so much. I hope to make it with no issues. I had to change the way I wash my hair and as of two weeks ago I noticed double the mount of product needs to be used then before

Hey ladies, I'm just coming in to say "Hey"

Update:Ive been wearing my hair in braids(individuals) since the 27th, no hair added, and I'm trying to keep them in until the 27th of this month, big challenge for me. Ive also haven't been using my S Curl and Carefree curl for moisture while Ive had the braids. Ive been using Pantene Curly "Dry to moisturized" conditioner, Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream, and Olive Oil. Currently waiting on my Karen's Body Beautiful Creamylicious.

Last edited:
Hey Ladies just checking in. I let my hair run free for one day and here is an updated pic *in siggy).
Then back bunning and curly wigs.

Just cowash every 2-3weeks
DC 2Xmonthly
Mosturize daily (Sta-soft-fro)
No Heat

@JJamiah...Girl, your hair has a mind of its own!!!! Go head, wit ya bad self!!!!!

Why because it is stuck in my BRA LOLOLOLOLOL :lachen: :lachen: I was like :nono: but then I was like :ohwell: and then :perplexed:drunk::spinning:

after all that I just was like oh well. lololol

Ugh I'm still grazing BSL, I guess I have "lead hairs" that are about a half inch past BSL but I want to be full glorious BSL by the end of February!!

And why does my hair seem short to me when it's the longest its been in my adult life?

I'm going to put it into overdrive. I'm going to do scalp massages with Claudie's elixer every night. I will be back with a picture at the end of February when I get to full glorious BSL.

I wear my hair down everyday and I still believe I will make my goals without protective styling. It's important to me to wear it this way because you better believe when it gets down to my waist I'm not going to want to wear it in a bun. I figure I better learn how to retain my hair now so I'll be able to retain it then.

Happy New Year Divas!

I am 6 inches away from WL and I'm ready to do this! My year end update is in my siggy! Retention is my game plan this year. No more bandwagons, no more growth aids except my sulfur/jbco mix and I"m trying to deny the PJ in me. I'm gonna stick to my regi to avoid setbacks. Let's get it!

My Update:

When i straightened my hair this month I was a bit disappointed b/c of how thin it was and b/c I thought it was the same length that I had in Sept. Well after comparing photos I realized that it did grow, the layers are still there but they are longer than before which I'm happy about. Also after a much needed trim it looks healthier, I think it's safe to say that I dont have heat damage anymore. Wl definitely seems possible this year! :yahoo:

HHG Ladies!!

Attachments

• progress_9-10_1-11.jpg
    progress_9-10_1-11.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 39
Back