WL 2011

It's been a while since I last posted updates and I'm happy to say that I finally got my reggie down for 2011 -- Nice & Simple!!

Here's my reggie:

Co-wash daily - with Tresemme Smooth Conditioner Vitamin H & Silk Proteins.

Overnight Treatment (Friday's) - Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus mixed w/avocado oil and wheat germ oil.

Weekly (Saturday)

Wash - Victoria Secret Nourish & Healthy Hydrated Shampoo.

Deep Condition - w/ a mix of Victoria Secret Nourish & healthy Conditioner, GVP Conditioning Balm, GPB Balancing Conditioner, and Neutrogena Triple Moisture Mask for 1 hour.

Rinse, apply Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave-in, seal with One 'n Only Argan Oil.

Vitamins--biotin, hair and nail vitamin, rub sulfur mixture to scalp twice per week.

Put in a bun or braid and put on a wig.

That's it! Come on WL...:yep:

Princessdi. Maybe it's just me but your hair already looks longer than WL maybe you meant to joint the tailbone length challenge if not you probably should...either way your hair looks gorgeous

Isnt she alreadt wl??? Im confused! I
It's been a while since I last posted updates and I'm happy to say that I finally got my reggie down for 2011 -- Nice & Simple!!

Here's my reggie:

Co-wash daily - with Tresemme Smooth Conditioner Vitamin H & Silk Proteins.

Overnight Treatment (Friday's) - Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus mixed w/avocado oil and wheat germ oil.

Weekly (Saturday)

Wash - Victoria Secret Nourish & Healthy Hydrated Shampoo.

Deep Condition - w/ a mix of Victoria Secret Nourish & healthy Conditioner, GVP Conditioning Balm, GPB Balancing Conditioner, and Neutrogena Triple Moisture Mask for 1 hour.

Rinse, apply Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave-in, seal with One 'n Only Argan Oil.

Vitamins--biotin, hair and nail vitamin, rub sulfur mixture to scalp twice per week.

Put in a bun or braid and put on a wig.

That's it! Come on WL...:yep:

Pretty hair princessdi! Are you going for WL unstreched? Cause it looks like you are already there to me!

UPDATE: So after neglecting to wash and take care of my hair for a considerable amount of time an inspection was needed. As a result, I'm going to add something new to my regimen which will be a pre-poo to my edges, nape, and ends. Ever since I was younger I have had trouble with my edges and nape but when I started my HHJ the condition of those two areas has significantly improved. Despite the improvement, I still feel like both of these sections of my hair have not reached their full potential so I will be doing this to give more attention and care to get added growth as a result of the retention I hope to receive. I've added my ends into this experiment since they're the oldest part of the hair and for prevention of deterioration. I hope to reap better results after I go to my stylist for a touch up since my ends will be freshly trimmed and I can properly judge how well the protection of this pre-poo is.

Another change I've added in is the decision to go back to my old staples. I've repurchased ORS Hair Mayonnaise and Motions Moisture Plus. At the start of my HHJ, my hair took off with the ORS, it added moisture along with durability which was something I needed at the time. The MMP is an older favourite that I've used a few times and that my stylist uses after she relaxes and neutralizes my hair.

Below I've added pictures of the start of this experiment as well as the pre-poo mixture I'm using just for fun. The mixture contains HE HH, HE LRT, Yes to Cucumbers Colour Care Conditioner, EVOO, and molasses. I'm really excited about this because I just know I'll get the results I want — softer, smoother, longer edges/nape along with protected ends. I also get to use up all the extra conditioner in my stash that is just mediocre. Since I just used up the first two products I added to my mixture, it will be modified frequently. Also, I plan to switch from EVOO to Safflower or Sunflower Oil to gain the added benefits of ceremides. I also want to stop sneaking EVOO from my mum's kitchen since she notices when it's going down. :giggle: The main components of this will always be molasses, oil, and conditioner; I might add honey later on.

IMG_0858.jpg IMG_0857.jpg IMG_0859.jpg IMG_0849.jpg IMG_0860.jpg

Last edited:
^^ Aireen your hair looks great!!! and your new pre-poo reggie looks promising. Looking forward to seeing your progress. And Motions Moisture Plus is great ♥ Glad u came to your senses LOL. One day we should honestly plan a BSS day lol. (One day in the future when my PJ stash is non-existent lol)

I'm just wearing cornrows under my wigs...so easy...my regimen is literally to spray my braids and oil my ends. I'm using this as an oppotuniry to use up my spray leave-ins and oils (all of which are in abundance in my room...but I'm working through them :)

UPDATE: So after neglecting to wash and take care of my hair for a considerable about of time an inspection was needed. As a result, I'm going to add something new to my regimen which will be a pre-poo to my edges, nape, and ends. Ever since I was younger I have had trouble with my edges and nape but when I started my HHJ the condition of those two areas has significantly improved. Despite the improvement, I still feel like both of these sections of my hair have not reached their full potential so I will be doing this to give more attention and care to get added growth as a result of the retention I hope to receive. I've added my ends into this experiment since they're the oldest part of the hair and for prevention of deterioration. I hope to reap better results after I go to my stylist for a touch up since my ends will be freshly trimmed and I can properly judge how well the protection of this pre-poo is.

Another change I've added in is the decision to go back to my old staples. I've repurchased ORS Hair Mayonnaise and Motions Moisture Plus. At the start of my HHJ, my hair took off with the ORS, it added moisture along with durability which was something I needed at the time. The MMP is an older favourite that I've used a few times and that my stylist uses after she relaxes and neutralizes my hair.

Below I've added pictures of the start of this experiment as well as the pre-poo mixture I'm using just for fun. The mixture contains HE HH, HE LRT, Yes to Cucumbers Colour Care Conditioner, EVOO, and molasses. I'm really excited about this because I just know I'll get the results I want — softer, smoother, longer edges/nape along with protected ends. I also get to use up all the extra conditioner in my stash that is just mediocre. Since I just used up the first two products I added to my mixture, it will be modified frequently. Also, I plan to switch from EVOO to Safflower or Sunflower Oil to gain the added benefits of ceremides. I also want to stop sneaking EVOO from my mum's kitchen since she notices when it's going down. :giggle: The main components of this will always be molasses, oil, and conditioner; I might add honey later on.

View attachment 107377 View attachment 107379 View attachment 107381 View attachment 107383 View attachment 107385

Dear Lawd Chile, you are going to have me at home cleaning out my fridge :fridge:and all of my cabinets! :shopping: My edges and ends could use some extra TLC!!

P.S, what's molasses for:perplexed

^^ Aireen your hair looks great!!! and your new pre-poo reggie looks promising. Looking forward to seeing your progress. And Motions Moisture Plus is great ♥ Glad u came to your senses LOL. One day we should honestly plan a BSS day lol. (One day in the future when my PJ stash is non-existent lol)

I know, right?! :lachen:

Thanks, girl! Yeah we totally should plan one haha, my stash got bigger but thankfully I decided to do this to get rid of the big bottle of Yes to Cucumbers. I always assume products for naturals would work great on relaxed hair too, WRONG in this case. :lol:

Dear Lawd Chile, you are going to have me at home cleaning out my fridge :fridge:and all of my cabinets! :shopping: My edges and ends could use some extra TLC!!

P.S, what's molasses for:perplexed

Do it haha, I love clearing out clutter, it's a hobby. That reminds me I have to give away some clothing...

The molasses is for moisture, it has tannins that "act" like protein to make the hair stronger but it actually helps with moisturizing hair or drawing moisture to the hair. (<- One of those, I read it on LHCF.) I'm going to BABY my ends if that's what it takes. :grin:

Last edited:
I've been wearing my hair up in a bun with face framing curls for the past couple weeks. I am LOVING this little regiman I sort of defaulted into out of sheer laziness. I wash and deep condition every weekend, then air dry in 2 braids. While my hair is drying, I wear my wig. On Sunday night, I take down the braids, flat iron the ends and create curls around my face. I then moisturize and pull up the bulk of my hair in a bun. Then I do it all over again the next weekend. Hopefully, this regi will help me get to waistlength even faster as I am essentially protective styling 100% of the time. We'll see...

Welcome CurlyMoo

I bought some new oils to add to my regimen, I will tell you about them when I add them in.

I've decided to take my hair out on the 21st and not the 27th like I'd planned. I'm either going to rebraid my haie on the 23rd or bun it until the 2nd. I haven't decided yet :/

Opinions anyone? :)

Thank you PD, I'm feeling really lazy with my hair now. It's possible not making my 2010 goal is feuling these feelings.

I got some nice oils for a really good price from a co-workers mother who deals in natural foods. I got Lavender, Peppermint, Tea Tree and Rosemary oil at $5 per 4oz bottle. I've been using it in a suffer mix.

Princessdi. Maybe it's just me but your hair already looks longer than WL maybe you meant to joint the tailbone length challenge if not you probably should...either way your hair looks gorgeous

I don't know. I'm confused.:nono: My hair really doesn't look WL to me. I thought I was full MBL. Maybe it's full WL that I'm trying to achieve. Should I be in the HL challenge, if there is such a thing?

Help!!:perplexed

Hey! I want to check in!

I am trying out some new things. I have many goals to accomplish, so here we go:
1. pre-poo with wheat germ oil and coconut oil
2. Wash with AO White Camelia or Blue Camomile Shampoo
3. Condition with AO
4.Spray or rub in Aloe Vera Juice
5. Let air dry to about 80%, then spray Hawaiian Silkky 14:1 or skip and seal in moisture with Wheatgerm oil.

Scalp Care- Okay, dealing with hair loss and scalp issues. use oil infused with rosemary, cedarwood to scalp about 3-4 times per week and massage daily.

Drink horsetail tea twice daily- it is working so well with me!!

My goals are to touch waist length and to grow out my crown and balding area in my crown and to keep my ends healthy with the ceramides since I cannot take protein well to thicken up my strands.

Ladies I am leaving this challenge. I made WL and I don't know if I will be going any further to HL but I guess I can think about it.

I will continue my regimen and post pics in June

Before and after trim :)

Ladies It has been a nice run. Thanks so much for all the encouragement Exubah :)

AAwwww! Congrats! :) I will miss your posts in here!

Ladies I am leaving this challenge. I made WL and I don't know if I will be going any further to HL but I guess I can think about it.

Ladies It has been a nice run. Thanks so much for all the encouragement Exubah :)

Congrats JJamiah!!!

Hi Ladies!
Haven't checked in in awhile soooo I flat ironed on the 23rd for DH birthday. I won't be using direct heat anymore until I'm WL!

This is what I did yesterday and will more than likely be weekly routine (maybe twice a week if I get bored...like that really happens :lol:)
DC session last night with some products I purchased from Henna Sooq: Prepoo/scalp massage with Cocoveda oil (early yesterday morning) then last night shampooed with their Cocoveda shampoo bar (wonderful shampoo and will be trying the argan oil and moroccan clay bars as well). DC (steamed 20 min) with MHC Honey Hair Mask then added my ceramide oil mix (rice bran, sesame, & hemp seed oils) after steam (10 min) to seal conditioner. Followed by condition rinse with AO Island Naturals. Finally applied pure argan oil as a leave in :infatuated: ...WOW is all I can say??? I put my hair in a ponytail and the next morning my hair was dry and tangle free!!! I could actually run my fingers & a padded brush (not something I usually do at all) through my natural hair! No breakage! And my hair was moisturized and low frizz!

Argan oil is a keeper and it's eeeeexcellent for flat ironing!

Now I need to get more creative with my protective styling!

Congrats on making WL! I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful hair!:drunk:!:drunk:!

Wow you seem to have went from MBL to WL quick! Do you remember how long it was between MBL and WL for you?! Congrats girl-you deserve it!

Wow you seem to have went from MBL to WL quick! Do you remember how long it was between MBL and WL for you?! Congrats girl-you deserve it!

November 2010 I was MBL and 1/2011 I am WL

Honestly I think Cleansing my system and actually eating (I have the worst appetite) I started Eating food on the regular LOL

And I think it was more or less a shock to my system. I was told the cleansing got rid of free Radicals (Don't even ask I don't know) LOL and that it allowed my body to absorb nutrients better.

As I said shock to my system I doubt the rapid will continue. :)

JJamiah, congrats on making waist length! and congrats to everyone else who made it! I can't wait to join you guys in the WL club :)

I am not Full WL I just am on limited challenges and wanted to maximize my challenge ability. LOL

Otherwise I have moved on to my last goal, I figure WL doesn't look Long :look: and I will gladly go on to the next length and get a nice trim at the end of the year.

Back