WL 2011

Well I had another setback :nono:

Had to cut loc'd pieces out of my hair yesterday and combed out a ton more (as if I had a ton to comb out to begin with :ohwell:)

....the result of an almost 2wks hospital stay. I had to stop my mom from combing my dry hair :nono: on my like 5th day there....I got her to just oil it with some jojoba oil after I heard to ripping sounds :sad:. She would not have even gotten that far if i had to breath to say no right away :lachen:.

I need to figure out how to fix this......I'm thinking lots of TLC involving DC'ing, PS'ing, moisturizing, sealing and prayers!

Damn I'm so sorry that happened to you =( Stay strong!

Well I had another setback :nono:

Had to cut loc'd pieces out of my hair yesterday and combed out a ton more (as if I had a ton to comb out to begin with :ohwell:)

....the result of an almost 2wks hospital stay. I had to stop my mom from combing my dry hair :nono: on my like 5th day there....I got her to just oil it with some jojoba oil after I heard to ripping sounds :sad:. She would not have even gotten that far if i had to breath to say no right away :lachen:.

I need to figure out how to fix this......I'm thinking lots of TLC involving DC'ing, PS'ing, moisturizing, sealing and prayers!

I'm sorry to hear that, I'm glad your out and doing better. I'm sure your set back will be fixed shortly

Well, I must say my hair feels a lot better...it's not feeling like straw anymore. Yesterday I put Amla oil on my dry hair for about 2.5hrs under a shower cap. I then rinsed out and clarified with ORS Creamy Aloe poo. I proceeded to put Alter Ego Garlic Oil Treatment on my hair using the relaxer method.

Rinsed and then co-washed with Yes To Cucumbers. I applied Lacio Lacio leave-in a little John Frieda Frizz-Ease serum. I air-dried in a single plait ponytail.

Today I put JBCO on my roots and some Hydratherma Naturals moisturising growth lotion on my length. Hair at least feels GREAT!!!

My starting pic.
attachment.php

I know I have a long way to go but that is why it is called a challenge right?

Well, I must say my hair feels a lot better...it's not feeling like straw anymore. Yesterday I put Amla oil on my dry hair for about 2.5hrs under a shower cap. I then rinsed out and clarified with ORS Creamy Aloe poo. I proceeded to put Alter Ego Garlic Oil Treatment on my hair using the relaxer method.

Rinsed and then co-washed with Yes To Cucumbers. I applied Lacio Lacio leave-in a little John Frieda Frizz-Ease serum. I air-dried in a single plait ponytail.

Today I put JBCO on my roots and some Hydratherma Naturals moisturising growth lotion on my length. Hair at least feels GREAT!!!

Glad to hear your hair is feeling better.

Exubah - that happened to me too! i had to comb out 3-5 MAJOR dreadlocks (in May) and i freaked out!!! The good news is i got home and the TLC worked. I did any and everything: consulted you kind LHCFers, protein treatments, deep conditioning treatments, daily conditioning and sealing...after 2-3 weeks of that i went to daily conditioner washes. the good news is that, yes it was a "setback" but it didn't set my hair back too much. i'm sure you'll come out of this setback just fine!!

You ladies are looking wonderful, keep up the good work! I made 21 weeks post today after coming off a 24+ weeks post stretch (which my stylist significantly unprocessed me) and my hair is one big joke at this point.:perplexed I'm planning for a retouch sometime after Christmas but before the New Year. I was actually in the WL 2010 challenge but maybe i will join you ladies. I'll know definitely in a couple of weeks. Happy Hair Growing.

I want in. I know waist length is going to happen in 2011, I even think it's going to happen before July. I will post a starting pic after my next wash.

I plan:
- to drink the egg shake, and increase the raw veggies and fruit in my diet.
- drink 3-4 liters of water a day
- workout 3-4 times a week
- use claudie's elixer on my scalp before every workout
- prepoo with JBCO
- DC with every shampoo
- Ponytail set my hair and flat iron my roots early.
- Get a trim when I reach full BSL, full MBL and full WL (so end of February, Mid- May and end of June-mid July)

My hair grows in a V, which I like but I will only claim the length when the majority of the V is at that length.

Right now, I'm about 1.5" from full BSL, the point of my V is at the bottom of my brastrap. Pics coming soon.

Let's keep each other encouraged ladies, I'm excited!

2 part (random) post.

part 1 - i have NO IDEA what to do with my hair. sooo.....i've done nothing. and i feel like a big slacker and like my hair isn't going to like me much. but i never know what to do with it during times when i'm just sitting (its cold & raining out here) around with nowhere to go.

what are you all doing with your hair this week?

part 2 - what length is Amerie (in this pic?) - is this WL? its definitely longer than MBL.
http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/amerie8.jpg

i drooool over her hair. she makes me want to dye my hair DARK!

I would like to join the challenge!

My regimen:
1. Crown and Glory Braid Extensions from now until next September
2. Moisturize braids with mix of African Pride or S-Curl mixed with Sallys GVP Infusium 23 and Original Infusium 23
3. Wash scalp biweekly with Giovanni Tea Tree and Trader Joes Tingle Tree
4. Use growth aids every day except wash day
5. Take vitamins everyday
6. When taking out braids. Clarify, reconstructor, sulfate free moisturizing shampoo, DC overnight, and moisturize then seal with JBCO and Shea Butter
7. When hair is out for the few days African thread my hair for protective style.

I want in. I know waist length is going to happen in 2011, I even think it's going to happen before July. I will post a starting pic after my next wash.

I plan:
- to drink the egg shake, and increase the raw veggies and fruit in my diet.
- drink 3-4 liters of water a day
- workout 3-4 times a week
- use claudie's elixer on my scalp before every workout
- prepoo with JBCO
- DC with every shampoo
- Ponytail set my hair and flat iron my roots early.
- Get a trim when I reach full BSL, full MBL and full WL (so end of February, Mid- May and end of June-mid July)

My hair grows in a V, which I like but I will only claim the length when the majority of the V is at that length.

Right now, I'm about 1.5" from full BSL, the point of my V is at the bottom of my brastrap. Pics coming soon.

Let's keep each other encouraged ladies, I'm excited!

:congrats: on the progress already made and :welcome3: to the Challenge!!!

2 part (random) post.

part 1 - i have NO IDEA what to do with my hair. sooo.....i've done nothing. and i feel like a big slacker and like my hair isn't going to like me much. but i never know what to do with it during times when i'm just sitting (its cold & raining out here) around with nowhere to go.

what are you all doing with your hair this week?

part 2 - what length is Amerie (in this pic?) - is this WL? its definitely longer than MBL.
http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/amerie8.jpg

i drooool over her hair. she makes me want to dye my hair DARK!

My hair is up in a wash and go pony...I am seriously thinking about doing a rollerset but I don't really want to sit under the dryer...

I think that Amerie's hair is full MBL...and yes, I love the dark color on her!

I would like to join the challenge!

My regimen:
1. Crown and Glory Braid Extensions from now until next September
2. Moisturize braids with mix of African Pride or S-Curl mixed with Sallys GVP Infusium 23 and Original Infusium 23
3. Wash scalp biweekly with Giovanni Tea Tree and Trader Joes Tingle Tree
4. Use growth aids every day except wash day
5. Take vitamins everyday
6. When taking out braids. Clarify, reconstructor, sulfate free moisturizing shampoo, DC overnight, and moisturize then seal with JBCO and Shea Butter
7. When hair is out for the few days African thread my hair for protective style.

:welcome: to the Challenge!!!

12/12/10. Natural, flat ironed with 1 pass so hair is kinky straight rather than bone straight. Will avoid trimming & hope that raggedy ends will fill in by Apr/May 2011.
IMG_9477-1.jpg
Ummm I am bad about lengths but as soon as I saw your hair I said" She is already wastlength!' congrats! How long would you say it took you to reach this length from the time you took your last profile pic?

Last edited:
@Casey3035...so have you finally come to terms with your true length? :drunk:
LMBO-you are too cute and funny-I'm trying girl. I have viewed some WL ladies and yeah when it reaches the smallest part of the torso it's WL. I'm still studying the chart and all but yeah I have officially claimed MBL. I even had my 11 year old son make me a chart I will try and post to show what I this is full MBL on me as oppose to Full WL...What do you think? I swear I think you should get paid for your motivation and support-Thanks!
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/picture.php?albumid=4510&pictureid=101067
My Starting pic! 12/22/10
picture.php

Last edited:
LMBO-you are too cute and funny-I'm trying girl. I have viewed some WL ladies and yeah when it reaches the smallest part of the torso it's WL. I'm still studying the chart and all but yeah I have officially claimed MBL. I even had my 11 year old son make me a chart I will try and post to show what I this is full MBL on me as oppose to Full WL...What do you think? I swear I think you should get paid for your motivation and support-Thanks!
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/picture.php?albumid=4510&pictureid=101067

picture.php

Hey! That's not a bad idea!!! :scratchch :lachen: :lachen: Seriously, I enjoy motivating...it's in my nature- lol...I'm a school counselor so there you go!

Now, back to hair: I think the lines are good! Yay, son!!!! :congrats: truly on MBL!!!

I haven't been doing much, just moisturize with glycerin and seal with JBCO and put them in some twist. I have no heat damaged hair in the back just some parts of the front so the twist look crazy as heck in the front with my texture V.S the heat damaged at the end. I'm happy I'm exploring my hair more because I see that I don't have such a long way to go to get rid of the damaged hair, I also learned that there was waaaay less damaged hair than I thought. Happy growing all =D

Ummm I am bad about lengths but as soon as I saw your hair I said" She is already wastlength!' congrats! How long would you say it took you to reach this length from the time you took your last profile pic?

Thank you! It took almost 4 months-Aug 22 to Dec 12, but my hair grows very slowly...1/4-1/3 inch per month.

I'm officially joining this challenge. I'm almost full BSL, so MBL should be a breeze, then on to WL!!

yes I have been thinking about getting 1 of those I wonder how well it works for relaxed hair.

Ok...I SAID that I was going to wash and then I started looking at Mdwezi's hair again and I've been sitting in the same doggone spot ever since:nono::nono: I need help!

Thank you! It took almost 4 months-Aug 22 to Dec 12, but my hair grows very slowly...1/4-1/3 inch per month.
You call that slow-so you went to WL from MBL in 4 months? Well I hope I make it in 4 months! What do you think attributed to you reaching this goal in 4 months?

Ladies, there is so much beautiful hair going on in this thread :drool:.
I didn't make MBL this year, but I'm not far from it :yawn:. I want to reach full WL by the end of 2011. Can I please be added to the challenge? TIA.

My plan:
1. Cowash once a week and do braid n'curl
2. Bun for the next 6 months at least
3. Finger detangle 1x/week and comb every other week
4. Keep hair stretched 24/7
5. No heat

I'm trying to follow the rules for once (no wash n'goes, protective styling, etc.), consistently, to see if I can hit my goals faster. Oh the sacrifices we have to make :lol:.

Back