WL 2011

I hope you get better soon Exubah!

Here is a picture from October....I've gained an inch since then, but I'll call it my starting pic. The bottom layer is all the same length, but my body is twisted sme weird way making it look uneven....my hand is at my waist.

lengthcheck-vi.jpg

Lovely!

Question: are we supposed to do a reveal this month?

Alright here is my starting point. Got it flat ironed and trimmed almost an inch yesterday. WL seems to be 4 or 5 inches away:yep:. I should be able to make it before December 2011:yep: I plan to trim again in March.

Attachments

• IMAG0002.JPG
    IMAG0002.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 31
Sorry for being MIA ladies, but unfortunately I have been hospitalized for almost 2 weeks. God willing I should be out soon. I have added some names to the list but if you notice that yours is not there please do not hesitate to PM me.

Keeping you in my prayers!

Count me in please!! I have exactly 6 inches until waist length, so its possible to make it in 2011.

Plan/Regimen:
- Wash and condition once a week
- Co-wash once or twice a week
- Protective style with halfwigs or buns
- Moisturize and seal daily
- Growth aids: biotin and surge

Thanks for all the well wishes ladies!! I'm out of the hospital...God is Good!!! Will be traveling back to the Bahamas in a couple of days. Right now I have to try and get my hair to some semblance of order LOL!

Excuse the jacked up starting pic. My sister was taking the picture and she was getting on my nerves, and I kept moving, etc., etc. My hair is uneven, but not as uneven as it looks in this pic. I blow dried it a little. I'm thinking about wearing a wig all the way thru 2011. I also will be getting my ends trimmed soon so it will probably be about an inch shorter.

In 2011 I will be:

Wearing a wig (I think) - Hair cornrowed underneath
Washing once a week - I'm not settled on which shampoo yet. Right now I'm using diluted Curls, but I don't know if I will stick w/ it.
DCing once a week - I'm currently using the generic Nexxus Humectress, but I switch conditioners a lot.
Moisturizing daily - Currently using Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier and I really like it (maybe even better than S-Curl). I seal my ends w/ grease (currently using Blue Magic Coconut Oil...LOL)

Attachments

• 270.jpg
    270.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 67
Excuse the jacked up starting pic. My sister was taking the picture and she was getting on my nerves, and I kept moving, etc., etc. My hair is uneven, but not as uneven as it looks in this pic. I blow dried it a little. I'm thinking about wearing a wig all the way thru 2011. I also will be getting my ends trimmed soon so it will probably be about an inch shorter.

In 2011 I will be:

Wearing a wig (I think) - Hair cornrowed underneath
Washing once a week - I'm not settled on which shampoo yet. Right now I'm using diluted Curls, but I don't know if I will stick w/ it.
DCing once a week - I'm currently using the generic Nexxus Humectress, but I switch conditioners a lot.
Moisturizing daily - Currently using Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier and I really like it (maybe even better than S-Curl). I seal my ends w/ grease (currently using Blue Magic Coconut Oil...LOL)

Wow I love your TEXTURE!

Thanks for all the well wishes ladies!! I'm out of the hospital...God is Good!!! Will be traveling back to the Bahamas in a couple of days. Right now I have to try and get my hair to some semblance of order LOL!

Thank GOD, praying that you feel better.

I'm thinking of getting braids to stretch. I'm not sure I want to sit down that long for one though.

12/12/10. Natural, flat ironed with 1 pass so hair is kinky straight rather than bone straight. Will avoid trimming & hope that raggedy ends will fill in by Apr/May 2011.
IMG_9477-1.jpg

12/12/10. Natural, flat ironed with 1 pass so hair is kinky straight rather than bone straight. Will avoid trimming & hope that raggedy ends will fill in by Apr/May 2011.
IMG_9477-1.jpg

It looks like you are WL already!!!!
I left my hair kinky straight too (only blow dried).

I agree Constance Dear your already there :) you know there is a Hip and on and crackin challenge. :)

Your hair is nice and thick.

I can't wait until I can just start trimming back my ends every few months.
I am planning to BKT either February or March. :) and I can't wait. I actually really like it. I need a serious deep conditioning. Won't be taking these braids out anytime soon :nono:

So ladies of WL 2011 Challenge what is going on with you :D?

IMG_9477-1.jpg

Lookin' good Constance. You are there girlie:yep:. Your ends will fill in for sure early next year provided you don't suffer from any setbacks.

IMG_9477-1.jpg

What's your reggi? Do you ps? How often do you use direct heat? Thanks in advance. :-)

Well I had another setback :nono:

Had to cut loc'd pieces out of my hair yesterday and combed out a ton more (as if I had a ton to comb out to begin with :ohwell:)

....the result of an almost 2wks hospital stay. I had to stop my mom from combing my dry hair :nono: on my like 5th day there....I got her to just oil it with some jojoba oil after I heard to ripping sounds :sad:. She would not have even gotten that far if i had to breath to say no right away :lachen:.

I need to figure out how to fix this......I'm thinking lots of TLC involving DC'ing, PS'ing, moisturizing, sealing and prayers!

Well I had another setback :nono:

Had to cut loc'd pieces out of my hair yesterday and combed out a ton more (as if I had a ton to comb out to begin with :ohwell:)

....the result of an almost 2wks hospital stay. I had to stop my mom from combing my dry hair :nono: on my like 5th day there....I got her to just oil it with some jojoba oil after I heard to ripping sounds :sad:. She would not have even gotten that far if i had to breath to say no right away :lachen:.

I need to figure out how to fix this......I'm thinking lots of TLC involving DC'ing, PS'ing, moisturizing, sealing and prayers!

Lordy, lordy, lordy...I'm so sorry to hear this, Exubah! But, again, you know what you need to do and we're always here to be your cheerleaders!!!!

Back