WL 2011

my thumb is about at my waist in the photo below. I guess I'm about a couple inches (5 cm) away. But my hair will have to get a good sized trim. So I probably won't get past this length until mid next year or so:

1172010.jpg

Your ends look nice and thick. How often do you trim?

I am taking a LHCF Break :)
I will put in my phone to post on Thursdays, but won't really be checking any other threads so this is my book mark to come back and read :D Thanks Ladies :) and Good Luck to all!

Thanks NJoy. You got as much length in one year as I did in 3!

Your ends look nice and thick. How often do you trim?

I trim about once every 3-4 months, 1/4" - 1/2". I am due but will have my stylist cut once she straightens next month.

Ok...I just measured and I need 5 inches to make WL (I guesstimated based on where my hair last was at my Oct length check)! I'm excited because that's do-able in a year!!!

Hello ladies, I did a much needed trim this past week, took off about 2 1/2 inches...

So I was chasing BSL and now Im back right above APL I wont be doing a length check until February will post pics then

Last edited:
Update: Got braids today. I'm taking a little of LongHairDontCare's method and the C&G method. I'll be wearing cornrows, all or most of winter, w/ extensions washing 1-2x a week and getting them redone every month. This will...help me retain length and keep me from trimming, coloring, flat-ironing, and length-checking my hair every five seconds :yep:. I retain length very well when in braids, but I'm never shocked because I can't help but pull down the longest piece to see how long it's gotten. I want to be surprised this time! And don't worry, the braids are not tight. I can blink w/o wincing in pain. :rolleyes:

WOW! CUTE BRAIDS! :D Are you relaxed or natural? I really love your colour! What type of dye do you use? Sorry for all the questions but your hair looks pretty!

I would love to join this challenge. I think I can make it to WL by December 2011. This is my first challenge on LHCF so I hope I do well. I have about an inch to go until Im at BSL so Im going to really try hard with protective styling. Im mostly doing braids and buns. I will post a Staring pic on Dec. 31. Good luck to you ladies!

Last edited:
Thank you! I'm a 4A natural. I lightened (not bleached) twice to get the color. First time I went to the salon, and then a few months later I colored at home with Clairol Textures & Tones in Honey Blonde.

Oh, well your hair looks so healthy! I wanted to pick that brand up but I'm nervous about double processing my hair. :look:

I'd also like to join. I joined the MBL challenge but I think I might be able to make waist length by the end of 2011 also...maybe:ohwell: I'll relax at the end of the month and post my start pic then.

straightened my hair 3-4 inches to go till waist length

hair in back section 23 inches

Last edited:
i didnt make the bsl in 2010 due to a set back - but if i am diligent and i do think i'v learned my lesson - i could make this so count me in!

Back