Wives: Please Share How God Answered Your Marriage Prayers - Encourage Future Brides

Re: Wives: Please Share How God Answered Your Marriage Prayers - Encourage Future Br

Welcome back Wavy~~! :wave:

You're really blessed to be married a decade...and STILL BE HAPPY. Some people married less time than that can't even say that.. (not me, of course) :lachen:

God's blessings are on your marriage and It's good to see two God-fearing people celebrate their union with such style and grace..enjoy your anniversary!!! :rosebud: I feel your excitement from way over here.... joy and laughter!

Re: Wives: Please Share How God Answered Your Marriage Prayers - Encourage Future Br

Awwwww...... :cry: that cake is so beautiful and I LOVE the monogram on top....WOW!!! Gorgeous!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you so much....what an awesome and kind thought for dh and I. You know we love and appreciate you as well...your kindness and your prayers for us and the ministry that the Lord has given us, is so profound...you have no idea :bighug:

We were given a gift to spend at a really fancy, smancy, hotel in the city for our anniversary :look:...I look so forward to it. What a blessing we received! And, I'm purchasing tickets to go see "West Side Story" on Broadway while we are there and dinner and fun, fun, fun.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Blessings to you, always..sis! :heart:
That is so exciting. It's good when couples can get away and simply enjoy the blessings of being 'One'.

LOL @ "fancy smancy" . Too cute. :lol:

And I totally agree with HighlyFavored.

YOUR HAIR IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL ! You are going to be a Beautiful Bride with Beautiful Hair and a Beautiful Heart, Spirit and Soul that flows beneath it.

Off Topic!

Loving the Hair Nice and Wavy!

Lovin the Hair!:yep:

Off Topic!

Thank you, Highly Favored! :kiss:

It's a combination of: Ayurevda, Dove Moisture Mist, Qhemet Burdock Root Butter Cream and Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade

Simply the best!

Ok, back to the Bridal Shower :grin:

Welcome back Wavy~~! :wave:

You're really blessed to be married a decade...and STILL BE HAPPY. Some people married less time than that can't even say that.. (not me, of course) :lachen:

God's blessings are on your marriage and It's good to see two God-fearing people celebrate their union with such style and grace..enjoy your anniversary!!! :rosebud: I feel your excitement from way over here.... joy and laughter!

Thanks for the welcome, Laela. I'm off and on...:yep:

Thank you so much for your blessing. It means so much to me :kiss:

Yes, we are happy. I thank GOD for that every day. Every marriage has its ups and downs, but we have learned not to allow the little foxes to steal our vines!

You can feel it huh? Woot-woot!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen: girl....you should have seen me yesterday when I got home from work....I went in my backyard, layed down on the grass, and began rolling.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I am "Rolling in my Grass!"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is so exciting. It's good when couples can get away and simply enjoy the blessings of being 'One'.

LOL @ "fancy smancy" . Too cute. :lol:

And I totally agree with HighlyFavored.

YOUR HAIR IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL ! You are going to be a Beautiful Bride with Beautiful Hair and a Beautiful Heart, Spirit and Soul that flows beneath it.

Awwww.....you have me :Blush2: and:bdance:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :kiss:

Congrats on 10 years!!!

OT: I totally forgot all about Dove Moisture Mist. Used to love that stuff. I'm 4b natural, so I don't know how it would fit into my regimen anymore.

This is a beautiful thread ladies. It continually blesses me!

Shimmie: All those beautiful cakes make me want sweets!

Off Topic!

Thank you, Highly Favored! :kiss:

It's a combination of: Ayurevda, Dove Moisture Mist, Qhemet Burdock Root Butter Cream and Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade

Simply the best!

Ok, back to the Bridal Shower :grin:

Awwww.....you have me :Blush2: and:bdance:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :kiss:

Ah Ha !!!

Now I know what your gift from me will be. :giggle:

Congrats on 10 years!!!

OT: I totally forgot all about Dove Moisture Mist. Used to love that stuff. I'm 4b natural, so I don't know how it would fit into my regimen anymore.

:lol: I'm sorry Precious Yodie. These cakes are just so pretty and elegant... and......................

Well Yeah! :yep: Now I want to eat cake too. :lachen:

Wedding Blessings to you .... :Rose:

Congrats on 10 years!!!

Thank you, sis! I love this stuff, now that I know what to do with it. I use it on dry hair instead of wet and it's been turning out lovely!

Ah Ha !!!

Now I know what your gift from me will be. :giggle:
Yeah, baby.....:lachen:

Wow! This has been one of my most favorite threads ever to read! Part of me wants to copy and paste some of the posts and make it into a booklet. Thank you ladies, all of you who posted your testimonies...Supergirl-yours read like a beautiful novella! I have been a rapt reader when I need to go to sleep.

God is great and it is even more evident when seeing how he has worked his love personally into your individual life stories. Truly inspiring girls!

Thank you, sis! I love this stuff, now that I know what to do with it. I use it on dry hair instead of wet and it's been turning out lovely!

Yeah, baby.....:lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen: Pastor Hubby will look and say Wowza come to "Papa"

:wow: :shocked: :wow:

marriagek.jpg

^^ Thank you for bumping this beautiful blessed post. The stories are a true testiment of Gods Love, Grace and Favor. It is such a blessing as many of these testimonies are similar to some of the things that me and DH have gone through and how God has been so faithful to us through our marriage. It is such a blessing to hear the love and connection that all of you ladies have with your husbands. I am so blessed to have the love of my life that God the true matchmaker arranged. I Love, Love and I love being in Love and its just awesome to know that other holy wives share my joy.Me and DH discuss often that God not only has given us His unfailing love which is greater that any love we will ever know but He blessed us to have the love of each other to walk this journey together in marital covenant Thank you Shimmie for this post, for your wisdom and for your beautiful heart. Thank you for allowing God to use you in a mighty way.

^^ Thank you for bumping this beautiful blessed post. The stories are a true testiment of Gods Love, Grace and Favor. It is such a blessing as many of these testimonies are similar to some of the things that me and DH have gone through and how God has been so faithful to us through our marriage.

It is such a blessing to hear the love and connection that all of you ladies have with your husbands. I am so blessed to have the love of my life that God the true matchmaker arranged.

I Love, Love and I love being in Love and its just awesome to know that other holy wives share my joy.Me and DH discuss often that God not only has given us His unfailing love which is greater that any love we will ever know but He blessed us to have the love of each other to walk this journey together in marital covenant

Thank you Shimmie for this post, for your wisdom and for your beautiful heart. Thank you for allowing God to use you in a mighty way.

Bless you Paradise... :grouphug2:

Those who love, "Love" can only be ones who have much of it in their lives; so it is with you and your husband. For with the two of you, Love does much more abound in you and towards one another.

For you and your husband...

And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you: (I Thessolonians 3:12)

Thank you for this thread Shimmie and all the wives who have posted.

I am leaving work feeling encouraged and I have you all to thank. :hug2:

Thank you for this thread Shimmie and all the wives who have posted.

I am leaving work feeling encouraged and I have you all to thank. :hug2:

:giveheart: Wishing you all of the joys of Marriage that only God can give and for you and your husband to freely receive and keep forever... :Rose:

Bless you Paradise... :grouphug2:

Those who love, "Love" can only be ones who have much of it in their lives; so it is with you and your husband. For with the two of you, Love does much more abound in you and towards one another.

For you and your husband...

And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you: (I Thessolonians 3:12)

Thank you Shimmie for your beautiful word of truth that I receive.

The poem is great!

This thread has been so encouraging. I've been thinking about marriage for quite some time, especially lately. Analyzing every single detail about my last relationship and thinking I am the reason I am not married today. But I know I love God and that is one of the reasons I left that relationship. I've been made to feel foolish because I listened to God and while everything in my life isn't going well, I know it's better to trust in Him and not in what man can do for me. Thanks for the stories again. As I continue to pray for my future husband, I hope I am everything he has asked God for in a Godly wife.

Reading these posts about how God kept these couples has been a blessing. I have always been a sucker for a good love story, surely the ultimate love story is letting God be God in your relationship. I am totally inspired be the women here and how they held on, believed God, and as the scrptures state, "it was counted to them for righteousness." God is so good, He never renegs on a promise.

Thank you for sharing your stories, truly I have been encouraged to wait on the Lord. And thank you Shimmie. The Holy Spirit is really with you, you could just feel Him move with every response that you gave for each couple.

What a blessing:cupidarrow:!

Reading these posts about how God kept these couples has been a blessing. I have always been a sucker for a good love story, surely the ultimate love story is letting God be God in your relationship. I am totally inspired be the women here and how they held on, believed God, and as the scrptures state, "it was counted to them for righteousness." God is so good, He never renegs on a promise.

Thank you for sharing your stories, truly I have been encouraged to wait on the Lord. And thank you Shimmie. The Holy Spirit is really with you, you could just feel Him move with every response that you gave for each couple.

What a blessing:cupidarrow:!
"Joy2day... the blessings of the Lord are upon you and not just as words which appear 'mute' from view or hearing; but as the Holy Spirit lighted upon Jesus, in Bodily form, when God said "This is my Beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased', these blessings upon, you God has engraved in His heart, that in you, His daughter and handmaiden, He too is well-pleased and shall always be.

This too, shall He carry into the Life and Love of your Marriage, which is set, it is established, ordained of the Lord.

So it is and so it shall be, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen. :Rose:

I forgot how blessed this thread was! I just read it again and I am so grateful to you, Shimmie, for writing this thread...what a blessing!

As I sit on my loveseat, and my husband is on the sofa, I am reminded of how much I am loved and honored. I am truly humbled and grateful of the love and commitment we share as husband and wife and how the Lord is in the center of our marriage.

I am a blessed woman!

Yes, I am!

I forgot how blessed this thread was! I just read it again and I am so grateful to you, Shimmie, for writing this thread...what a blessing!

As I sit on my loveseat, and my husband is on the sofa, I am reminded of how much I am loved and honored. I am truly humbled and grateful of the love and commitment we share as husband and wife and how the Lord is in the center of our marriage.

I am a blessed woman!

Yes, I am!
Amen Sis.. Amen.

You know what touches my heart? Each time I've been on the phone with your 'hubby', he just 'bubbles' when he talks about you :love3: He is so 'giving' of his love and ministry and he shares you with others in need so freely.

And sis, he's always right there, smiling at our conversations; never a grumble, but laughing and smiling at us and just there, right there beside you. The two of you are really close and yet he 'yields' so much love to others as well.

The two of you have a beautiful Marriage that is a beautiful Ministry and a beautiful Ministry that is a beautiful Marriage. God is there, I always know God is there with the two of you, always 'One'. :Rose:

Thank you, sis. Your words were such a blessing and so true about my husband. Thank you...you made me :cry:

Thank you, sis...thank you. :kiss:

Amen Sis.. Amen.

You know what touches my heart? Each time I've been on the phone with your 'hubby', he just 'bubbles' when he talks about you :love3: He is so 'giving' of his love and ministry and he shares you with others in need so freely.

And sis, he's always right there, smiling at our conversations; never a grumble, but laughing and smiling at us and just there, right there beside you. The two of you are really close and yet he 'yields' so much love to others as well.

The two of you have a beautiful Marriage that is a beautiful Ministry and a beautiful Ministry that is a beautiful Marriage. God is there, I always know God is there with the two of you, always 'One'. :Rose:

Shimmie, again, I say thank you from the bottom of my heart. This that you have spoken over my life today, under the unction of Holy Spirit, is a blessing and I can not even put it into words how thankful I am to the Lord. One day, when all is said and done, I will come back to tell it, beause we know that we overcome by the Blood of the Lamb and by the Word of our Testimony! And I have a testimony, but it is not time yet...

"Joy2day... the blessings of the Lord are upon you and not just as words which appear 'mute' from view or hearing; but as the Holy Spirit lighted upon Jesus, in Bodily form, when God said "This is my Beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased', these blessings upon, you God has engraved in His heart, that in you, His daughter and handmaiden, He too is well-pleased and shall always be.

This too, shall He carry into the Life and Love of your Marriage, which is set, it is established, ordained of the Lord.

So it is and so it shall be, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen. :Rose:

Shimmie, again, I say thank you from the bottom of my heart. This that you have spoken over my life today, under the unction of Holy Spirit, is a blessing and I can not even put it into words how thankful I am to the Lord.

One day, when all is said and done, I will come back to tell it, beause we know that we overcome by the Blood of the Lamb and by the Word of our Testimony! And I have a testimony, but it is not time yet...
Praise Him, Praise Him, Praise Him... for I am humbled; Jesus is bearing HIS witness. God bless you. :Rose:

Thank you, sis. Your words were such a blessing and so true about my husband. Thank you...you made me :cry:

Thank you, sis...thank you. :kiss:

:bighug: My Sister and Hubby..

I posted a while back that I needed encouragement in my marriage, and I was encouraged by some of the ladies of the CF. I know others read my thread and did not respond, but still must have been praying for me. I would like to testify that I have seen some really positive changes in my marriage, and I've seen my husband even taking some tiny steps in being more of a spiritual head for the family. That's what I want from him, for him to take the lead. But I realize I can't just sit around and wait for him to do it. I still have to go on and be commited to God, with or without him.

When I stop interjecting what I want, what I expect, what I want him to be, things go so much better in the relationship. I am not nearly as frustrated. The love I have for him can come through better, and I'm not sure, but I think this makes him feel more appreciated...more respected. I bought this book that someone suggested I get entitled "Love&Respect: The love she most desires; the respect he desperately needs". I admit, I did not even get a quarter of the way through the book (I might pick it up again), but the concept has helped me a lot. And when he told me two nights ago that I was his best friend, that just turned my heart so much toward him, and I wanted to act like his best friend. I want to be his "safe place".

Thank you, to all the ladies who prayed for me and those who pray for Christian marriages.

I posted a while back that I needed encouragement in my marriage, and I was encouraged by some of the ladies of the CF. I know others read my thread and did not respond, but still must have been praying for me. I would like to testify that I have seen some really positive changes in my marriage, and I've seen my husband even taking some tiny steps in being more of a spiritual head for the family. That's what I want from him, for him to take the lead. But I realize I can't just sit around and wait for him to do it. I still have to go on and be commited to God, with or without him.

When I stop interjecting what I want, what I expect, what I want him to be, things go so much better in the relationship. I am not nearly as frustrated. The love I have for him can come through better, and I'm not sure, but I think this makes him feel more appreciated...more respected. I bought this book that someone suggested I get entitled "Love&Respect: The love she most desires; the respect he desperately needs". I admit, I did not even get a quarter of the way through the book (I might pick it up again), but the concept has helped me a lot. And when he told me two nights ago that I was his best friend, that just turned my heart so much toward him, and I wanted to act like his best friend. I want to be his "safe place".

Thank you, to all the ladies who prayed for me and those who pray for Christian marriages.

I am so happy for you and your hubby. :giveheart:

Is the book you have by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs? If this is the book you have I am very happy for you.

He is hilarious and so low key about it. I have his DVD where his Minsters his message on love and respect. He uses a wonderful sense of humour with his messages. I love the 'airhose' analogy that he uses for men.

I could go on about Dr. Eggerichs' messages. He uses the clock illustration of the cycle of the relationship between a man and a woman.

Love is at 12 o'clock. Respect is at 3 o'clock. Love is at 6 o'clock and Respect is at 9 o'clock.

For a woman to get love, she has to give her husband respect, for a husband to get respect from his wife, he has to give his wife 'Love', and the cycle continues.

I'm just happy to hear your praise report and my prayers will always be for your marriage to continue to grow in love and to flourish in the goodness of God. Love and blessings to you and your husband, for always. :love2:

Back