Why would a family member try to fix you up with a LOOOSSAAAA

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
My cousin had a b-day party last weekend, I attended and had a good time. So while I was there I spoke with a few different people, one of them being a guy who is friends with my cousin's hubby. This guy (we'll call him C) asked my cousin if I was single etc and if she thought I'd date him, well she tells him yeah and then gets his number to give to me. Ok so Sunday she calls me and tells me that she has his number and that I should call him and possibly date him. Ok so last night I call him and what do I find out... :nono:. Brace yourselves ladies.

He:
1. Is 40 and lives with his mom
2. Is seperated from his ex-wife, not divorced but seperated
3. Does not have a stable job (he installs cable satelites, but it's not steady)
4. Has no car
5. Has 5 yes 5 kids by 2 different women

I couldn't get off the phone fast enough. So I call my cousin to find out why she didn't tell me these things from the jump and she was like "oh well I thought ya'll could hang out and get to know each other". :wallbash: I should've known she wouldn't see the prob. cause her hubby has 6 kids with 3 diff. women. Lord help me. Ok vent over.

I feel ya on that vent!

She sounds like someone who feels that as long as you're "in love," it doesn't matter if the man is a hot-*** mess... I've questioned folks who've tried to hook me up with loser types and they look at me like I'M crazy... I guess they think that cause I'm single, I should just be happy that some dude might possibly want me, right? :rolleyes:

Oh, and I would have NEVER called him. I would have said that he can ask for my number if he's interested and call me.

I feel ya on that vent!

She sounds like someone who feels that as long as you're "in love," it doesn't matter if the man is a hot-*** mess... I've questioned folks who've tried to hook me up with loser types and they look at me like I'M crazy... I guess they think that cause I'm single, I should just be happy that some dude might possibly want me, right? :rolleyes:

Oh, and I would have NEVER called him. I would have said that he can ask for my number if he's interested and call me.

Ditto. :yep:

I feel ya on that vent!

Oh, and I would have NEVER called him. I would have said that he can ask for my number if he's interested and call me.[/QUOTE]

Lesson learned. :yep:

He:
3. Does not have a stable job (he installs cable satelites, but it's not steady)
4. Has no car

I couldn't get off the phone fast enough. So I call my cousin to find out why she didn't tell me these things from the jump and she was like "oh well I thought ya'll could hang out and get to know each other". :wallbash: I should've known she wouldn't see the prob. cause her hubby has 6 kids with 3 diff. women. Lord help me. Ok vent over.

EW to the whole entire scenario! :wallbash:

I feel ya on that vent!

I agree with that.

I'm about to hijack my own post :lachen: but Dlewis that cake looks sooooo good. :lick: I'm gonna make it this weekend.

Your cousin prob knew this about ole dude. How sad.:nono:

My aunt tried to set me up with a married man when I was single. We had arranged a date and everything. My cosuin called and asked me how could I stoop so low. My aunt had told her he was married but forgot to mention it to me.:nono:

I'm about to hijack my own post :lachen: but Dlewis that cake looks sooooo good. :lick: I'm gonna make it this weekend.

:lick: Girl, it's good. Let me know how you like it. I'm not going to be baking so much, I've gained 5 pounds in 2 days.:nono: AND I'm suppose to be losing 10 pounds this month.

I'm sure she knew some if not all of that about him. :nono: She is on my "not cool" list. :lachen: Dlewis I'm sending you a PM, I have cake questions. :yep:

Girl your cousin is dead wrong, and I don't blame you for putting her on your "not cool" list.

I have a similar situation with a my mom's best friend who is like an aunt to me. She has tried repeatedly to hook me up with her crazy arse stepson, because she feels like I could help him because I have so much going for myself. Mind you, this negro is over 30, has been diagnosed with mild schizophrenia which he refuses to take medication for, and is living as a homeless person because he doesn't want to have any responsibilities in life...:look:

Girl your cousin is dead wrong, and I don't blame you for putting her on your "not cool" list.

I have a similar situation with a my mom's best friend who is like an aunt to me. She has tried repeatedly to hook me up with her crazy arse stepson, because she feels like I could help him because I have so much going for myself. Mind you, this negro is over 30, has been diagnosed with mild schizophrenia which he refuses to take medication for, and is living as a homeless person because he doesn't want to have any responsibilities in life...:look:

Wow, there may be a man shortage, but when will they learn that it's not that serious. :nono:

Oh man y'all. My aunt is the QUEEN of trying to hook me up with losers....and she succeeded ONCE.

He was a mess - a good guy for the most part but he has some serious anger management and ambition issues. Dude was a major hot head - I'm talking:angry2::evil::swearing::heated:! He was working at a supermarket when I met him and I innocently asked if he was interested in the Management program. He became very agitated and told me that is was too much responsibility. Now he's in his 30s, working at the same supermarket and isn't in management at all. Matter of fact, he isn't really doing anything differently than when I met him 5 years ago. His family recently told me that I'm an 'honorary daughter in-law' and 'if you're patient, once he settles down out of this bachelor phase, he'll be all yours'!

PUL-LEEZ:nono:

Wow, there may be a man shortage, but when will they learn that it's not that serious. :nono:

Exactly. My aunt is always trying to hook me up with someone in her family or someone that she knows. She thinks she's a matchmaker :rolleyes:. Her stepson is has been the most extreme, but her nephews, cousins, and others have all fallen into the category of a trifling arse negro.

Seems like she was just being nice to HIM and doing HIM a favor while totally disregarding you in the process, all the while including you. A one-sided hook-up.

Oh man y'all. My aunt is the QUEEN of trying to hook me up with losers....and she succeeded ONCE.

He was a mess - a good guy for the most part but he has some serious anger management and ambition issues. Dude was a major hot head - I'm talking:angry2::evil::swearing::heated:! He was working at a supermarket when I met him and I innocently asked if he was interested in the Management program. He became very agitated and told me that is was too much responsibility. Now he's in his 30s, working at the same supermarket and isn't in management at all. Matter of fact, he isn't really doing anything differently than when I met him 5 years ago. His family recently told me that I'm an 'honorary daughter in-law' and 'if you're patient, once he settles down out of this bachelor phase, he'll be all yours'!

Um how about a negative, no thanks, HELL NO!!

UGH! Tha hell? He can stay a bachelor, coming out if it ain't gonna do no woman no favors! Classic delusion man. Classic.

Of course she knew all that information.
All i have to say is dont get hooked up by anyone if the person they are with AINT right themselves no no no no no no no

I hope that you had your number blocked when you called him. His mama might have called ID on her phone.

I hope that you had your number blocked when you called him. His mama might have called ID on her phone.

Bwahahah :lachen::lachen::lachen: . I doubt he'll call me back, I told him that I don't date married men or men with kids, but I wish him well with his many issues. :spinning:

Seems like she was just being nice to HIM and doing HIM a favor while totally disregarding you in the process, all the while including you. A one-sided hook-up.

I cram to understand that logic. This chick wanted me to meet her cousin who just got out of jail because she thought I could be a positive influence and a good friend to him. Then she acted disappointed in my "judgmental nature" when I declined :rolleyes:. This was a long time ago but it make me hot every time I think about it. It's like back in elementary when the teacher moves the good girls to sit next to the bad boys to calm them. But you get punished for being the good girl. I digress........

Bwahahah :lachen::lachen::lachen: . I doubt he'll call me back, I told him that I don't date married men or men with kids, but I wish him well with his many issues. :spinning:

Good you told him. The sad thing is someone will date him even with those issues.

I cram to understand that logic. This chick wanted me to meet her cousin who just got out of jail because she thought I could be a positive influence and a good friend to him. Then she acted disappointed in my "judgmental nature" when I declined :rolleyes:. This was a long time ago but it make me hot every time I think about it. It's like back in elementary when the teacher moves the good girls to sit next to the bad boys to calm them. But you get punished for being the good girl. I digress........

I know :nono:

My cousin had a b-day party last weekend, I attended and had a good time. So while I was there I spoke with a few different people, one of them being a guy who is friends with my cousin's hubby. This guy (we'll call him C) asked my cousin if I was single etc and if she thought I'd date him, well she tells him yeah and then gets his number to give to me. Ok so Sunday she calls me and tells me that she has his number and that I should call him and possibly date him. Ok so last night I call him and what do I find out... :nono:. Brace yourselves ladies.

He:
4. Has no car

"Why would a family member try to fix you up with a LOOOSSAAAA"

-- That's why. Do NOT let people "fix you up " whose love life is not in order, or at least in alignment with what you believe and want for yourself. It’s the same as asking for advice from the wrong person. Their advice, if you follow it, may lead you to where they are in life :nono:.

Last edited:
Girl, if you don't want the WINNER send him my way. I am 37 and single and I should be happy for any dude to holla at me.

NOT. WTF is wrong with people. Why is it that someone will set a woman up with a straight LOSER dude, but I hardly hear about people setting some dude up with a LOSER woman?

Folks are always trying to set me up with Joe "grocery store bagger" or Will "rent a cop". Yeah, there is nothing wrong with a blue collar dude, but, did that married him and divorced him. His arse was resentful of me for being so "uppidy". Why did I need another degree? Why do I spend $24 on makeup? Fool because I work hard and I would like some nice things, that is what I had when I met your arse. They claim they can handle it but they can't. I will say most can't handle it, because an aquaintance of mine has a lovely blue collar man who her family loves to death and he worships the ground she walks on but he is still the man.

Last edited:
Back