Why the heck is Ateya ripping out her hair like this?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the phrase "This is what works for me" some biblical incantation that makes the person making the statement beyond questioning or comment?

Cuz if so, I'ma copywrite that phrase and sell it to folks who want carte blanche to do and say dumb ish and never get called on it.

~~~~~~~~~
Depending on the last time she detangled, I don't think she pulled out that much hair. But she's not doing herself any favors by combing from root to tip.

Ouch...not only did she drag the comb through her hair but she flat ironed each section times then proceeded to use a curling iron. Yea when I was doing that in my pre-lhcf days my hair did not look that good.

Well maybe she doesnt care about hair length or health, some people just like to style there hair to get a certain look. But if she does want more length as you can see she has only retained like one or two inches of hair in the last 2 years so I would not suggest for myself to try to follow her reg

It doesn't really seem like what she's doing is working for her. I scanned a few of her vids and it looks like her hair hasn't really grown much. Even now her hair looks :perplexed

Ya'll know she was a member here but people ran her off. She may have had hair down to her toe nails by now but for the meanies running her off! :lol:

Happy Joy Joy! Another Ateyaaa thread!

2vlpkdf.jpg

Is the phrase "This is what works for me" some biblical incantation that makes the person making the statement beyond questioning or comment?

Cuz if so, I'ma copywrite that phrase and sell it to folks who want carte blanche to do and say dumb ish and never get called on it.

~~~~~~~~~
Depending on the last time she detangled, I don't think she pulled out that much hair. But she's not doing herself any favors by combing from root to tip.

ITA. She is definitely doing what works for her, but I think what gets overlooked is the fact that a lot of youtube watchers look to her way as to how things should be done. Not that it's "wrong" per say, but it's not necessarily the best way to do it. I would think that acknowledging the miseducation of combing from root-to-tip is not any shade towards Ateya, but more of a constructive criticism...especially since she has such a large following (of women who will mimic whatever she does to her hair).

I wouldn't expect the man who came up with the "Twinkie Diet" to be giving legitimate health advice...although he lost weight and that's what worked for him, we all KNOW that that's NOT the healthy way to go about doing it. Same with Ateyaaa.

I hope you mean from tip to root. :lol:

She did it to show people her regimen. She is getting paid to show from her channel. I like her. She seems like she down to earth even though she gets horrible comments on U tube. Just do what she does, but not how she do... We know to comb from root to tip.:rolleyes:

The average head of hair loses about 100 strands a day.

Sooooo, if you wash your hair once a week, there will be some shedding. Times that by 2 if you wash every two weeks, there will be even more shedding. From what I saw in her vid, that was quite normal sheddage. Just sayin.

<runs out of the Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion forum and slides back in the Long Hair Care Forum's Other Topics forum> :cowgirl:

Folks are saying the same old tired stuff. "her hair don't seem to be growing", "look how she's combing her hair", "she's doing all that just to put a wig on", etc....... Come on y'all!

ALL OF THESE TIRED A$$ STATEMENTS HAVE ALREADY BEEN ADDRESSED IN OTHER THREADS!!!

Let's leave the Ateyaa threads alone if we can't stop repeating ourselves.:perplexed

Y'all should cut and paste that stuff to save time, for when the next Ateyaa thread is posted......and there will be one "comin' round the mountain" real soon. :lol:

Folks are saying the same old tired stuff. "her hair don't seem to be growing", "look how she's combing her hair", "she's doing all that just to put a wig on", etc....... Come on y'all!

ALL OF THESE TIRED A$$ STATEMENTS HAVE ALREADY BEEN ADDRESSED IN OTHER THREADS!!!

Let's leave the Ateyaa threads alone if we can't stop repeating ourselves.:perplexed

Y'all should cut and paste that stuff to save time, for when the next Ateyaa thread is posted......and there will be one "comin' round the mountain" real soon. :lol:

wow, i never saw an ateya thread. i guess they will be coming about the corner than.

I agree. It's kind of like those people who say "I'm not one to gossip but ....."
and then they go on to gossip about everyone & everything.

Most people that follow the hair care section of this board know better methods of handling their hair (if they went to retain it) than the methods shown by some of the youtube "guru's". We all have different hair goals.

~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:
Personally, I think it's cool that she doesn't have to baby her hair and it still looks good. It may not be down to her butt, but that's not the look everyone is going for.

Personally, I think it's cool that she doesn't have to baby her hair and it still looks good. It may not be down to her butt, but that's not the look everyone is going for.

Not picking on your comment, but 9 outta 10 wigs she wears are somewhere between apl-bsl. So on some level Ateyaa prefers the look/feel of long hair over that of her current or past lengths. It stands to reason that if her current length were her goal, the wigs that she would wear would reflect that more often than not.

Is it really necessary to nitpick about everything Ateya does to her hair on her channel over here on the board? It seems like there's a thread like this every few months. I don't understand why it's that serious. If you don't agree with her techniques, don't watch her.

Is it really necessary to nitpick about everything Ateya does to her hair on her channel over here on the board? It seems like there's a thread like this every few months. I don't understand why it's that serious. If you don't agree with her techniques, don't watch her.

THANK YOU! I was just going to make a similar point.

Not picking on your comment, but 9 outta 10 wigs she wears are somewhere between apl-bsl. So on some level Ateyaa prefers the look/feel of long hair over that of her current or past lengths. It stands to reason that if her current length were her goal, the wigs that she would wear would reflect that more often than not.

I don't think you're picking on me. :)

And that may be true, but she may also only like that length without the work, ya know? Like, if I wore a platinum blonde wig, that doesn't necessarily mean I want MY hair to be blonde. That's the beauty of wigs - versatility without any of the work yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back