Why do women fall for the player?

cocoberry10

I am putting this in Relationship and Off-Topic forums. For some this may be elementary, but I would like to help my LHCF sisters out. What is it about a “player” that causes women to fall so hard for him? Also, share tips on how to spot a player. A few weeks ago, I did a thread on female players. This time, let’s talk about the boys!

Good question!

I've been fortunate enough to never really get caught up with player type dudes in my life (mine have always had other issues :rolleyes:).

I think for some, they like that challenge of trying to be the one he decides to settle down with.

But the reality is, a dude is only gonna settle down when he's good and ready. It doesn't matter how good a woman you are, how much better you might be than other women he's dealing with. If that's not where his heart is, he's gonna keep doing what he's doing.

And even if you do get him, that doesn't mean his gonna stay.

ETA: I also think that a lot of times players have that swagger that we've established is so dangerous, LOL.

Last edited:
It depends on the woman and her experiences in recoginizing if he is indeed a player. It also depends on her state of 'being'. Is she lonely; looking for love and affection; afraid of being alone; is this her 'first' love encounter; or first after a long period of time or after a break-up; or having a rejection of some kind. All of these play into her state of being...her state of mind.

Players usually 'know' their victims. They 'play' on their weaknesses. This is not just in love but in business and all areas of life. Whatever a player seeks to obtain with little or without payment or little committment to it, they will find a target's weakness that will yield to their wiles and deceits.

A player loves to score and he will only chose a scorable woman. Most women 'want' to be loved and adored and a player looks for a woman who is vunerable / an easy mark for his win.

Basically, a woman falls for a player because she is 'open' to it. Be it concious or unconcious, she is open to it and the player is able to come in and manipulate her emotions.

A woman 'has' to be strong enough and have enough self-confidence to drop and/or reject the 'affections' of a player as soon as she suspects that he is one. You cannot change a player, only God can do this. The only way to handle one is to not 'feed' into his game. Leave him; dump him; and move on to someone far better and able to treat you right as God intended.

It depends on the woman and her experiences in recoginizing if he is indeed a player. It also depends on her state of 'being'. Is she lonely; looking for love and affection; afraid of being alone; is this her 'first' love encounter; or first after a long period of time or after a break-up; or having a rejection of some kind. All of these play into her state of being...her state of mind.

Players usually 'know' their victims. They 'play' on their weaknesses. This is not just in love but in business and all areas of life. Whatever a player seeks to obtain with little or without payment or little committment to it, they will find a target's weakness that will yield to their wiles and deceits.

A player loves to score and he will only chose a scorable woman. Most women 'want' to be loved and adored and a player looks for a woman who is vunerable / an easy mark for his win.

Basically, a woman falls for a player because she is 'open' to it. Be it concious or unconcious, she is open to it and the player is able to come in and manipulate her emotions.

A woman 'has' to be strong enough and have enough self-confidence to drop and/or reject the 'affections' of a player as soon as she suspects that he is one. You cannot change a player, only God can do this. The only way to handle one is to not 'feed' into his game. Leave him; dump him; and move on to someone far better and able to treat you right as God intended.

Yes!!!

This whole post is so on point!!!! :yep:

Yes!!!

This whole post is so on point!!!! :yep:
I oughtta know...:rolleyes: I was married to one. :drunk: I was a 15 year old , inexperienced VIRGIN when I met him; I had no prior experience. He was my 'first' in EVERY thing... and ummmmm.... you know :rolleyes:. Got pregnant; got married and then he continued to play. Thank God it's over. :yep:

Last edited:

:clap::yay: To the whole post!:amen::worship2::woohoo::thatsall::thankyou:

My take on players is:

That's their job, to be charming and fun and flirty. Their point is to score, and they will stop at nothing until they do. Even when the woman knows it's not in her best interest to waste time with this guy, he's over there being charming, fun and flirty, he's giving all of the attention that any woman would want, and he eventually wears her down. Once the deed is done, she gets NEXTED!

It's just like any other criminal, they do the necessary things they have to do, to gain access to what it is they are trying to steal.

Back