Why do men act like big babies

pinkchocolatedaisy

when they get sick??? :perplexed I don't understand it. I get sick and it's no big deal. I still do what I gotta do cause um....... well you know.

DH gets sick and OMG its the end of the freaking world!! :rolleyes: You'd think he'd just found out he's terminally ill. I love that man but ARRRRGGG! It's annoying! And I've noticed it with my brothers and other men too. My best friend said her ex was the same way. :rolleyes::wallbash: But ladies how do you deal with your man/DH acting like a big baby when he gets sick???

and don't tell me I"m the only one!!!

Nah you not the only one. :lachen::lachen::lachen: Luckily, my DH doesn't act like a baby when sick, but of course he does with other things. :ohwell: I don't know, I think it is cause esp. in America, women coddle their boys. They maybe expect the same attention from their significant others.

Men are just strange creatures, though, so I don't try and figure it out too much or I will go crazy, I just ignore. :grin:

Because men are big babies! :lachen:

Two days before our first Thanksgiving as husband and wife, we both had the flu. Guess who propped herself up on a chair in the kitchen and silently cursed her new DH while doing all the prep for a full turkey dinner? Guess who whined and moaned in bed all day asking for juice and more tissues? :rolleyes:

Two days before our first Thanksgiving as husband and wife, we both had the flu. Guess who propped herself up on a chair in the kitchen and silently cursed her new DH while doing all the prep for a full turkey dinner? Guess who whined and moaned in bed all day asking for juice and more tissues? :rolleyes:

True at the bolded. :lachen::lachen::lachen:@ the rest. :lachen:Also, :nono: @ the rest.

What do I do? I may do the airplane to feed him, but for the most part, he takes care of himself. He hurt his foot once, I had to dress him and walk him down the stairs. I offered to drive and pick him up from work, but he declined. He can be sometimes-y.

ETA: my post doesn't sound like how I meant it to. He will whine, but he can do for himself though.

Last edited:
Because women entertain them. A lot of women say it gets on their nerves, but then rush to take care of their SO because they like feeling "needed".

Ugh...not me. I think it's cause their mamas do/did that to them! I am not the one! I like to feel that I can be t/c of. I already have two children, plus one on the way.... why do I need to t/c of a grown a$$ man? :rolleyes:

Because women entertain them. A lot of women say it gets on their nerves, but then rush to take care of their SO because they like feeling "needed".[/quote]

That sucks... but I am glad I'm not alone.

Because women entertain them. A lot of women say it gets on their nerves, but then rush to take care of their SO because they like feeling "needed".
YES they do! It's really disgusting. Once my friends and I were eating lunch and my friends BF put his elbow on the table and I guess it landed in some type of egg/food debris/whatever and you know she TOOK HIS ELBOW and WIPED IT OFF FOR HIM
He can't wipe his own elbow? Some men don't want a gf they want a mom
I was like well look at my crosses this is some bull :nono:

Ex Husband was like that. He swore up and down he was always on death's door. He wanted to be petted and coddled and yes, even I did the airplane feeding him in bed. Plus he didn't want me to leave his side. He still tried to get the bootie when he was sick.

Yet when I was sick, I was told to take a nap and he would be downstairs, I would be alright.

Cuz they are big babies!:lachen:

I don't mind tending to my SO when he's sick though (he just acts so pitiful). But he does the same for me when whenever I get sick. No, I may not be as demanding (i.e. "can you please cut the edges off of my sandwich,etc.) but he's helpful with the vapo rub "rubdowns" (although he still tries to get sexy with me even though I be sick as a dog...men:rolleyes:) and making sure that I have everything I need to feel comfortable.

Oh, heck no!!! :rolleyes::wallbash: Not even. I would've been like um, the napkins are right there.

YES they do! It's really disgusting. Once my friends and I were eating lunch and my friends BF put his elbow on the table and I guess it landed in some type of egg/food debris/whatever and you know she TOOK HIS ELBOW and WIPED IT OFF FOR HIM
He can't wipe his own elbow? Some men don't want a gf they want a mom
I was like well look at my crosses this is some bull :nono:

That's what I was thinking too! I didnt know it was like that with Black men though. My mom surely didn't baby us- I mean not as grown adults but I sure see it with my DH and his brothers. And his mom is hispanic. Don't get me wrong: I LOVE my husband but I HATE what his mother did to him.......

Because of their mama's!

Yeha my hubby was sick last night and her thought it was the end of the world for him, the baby kept on trying to get his attention, like he was saying, "oh Daddy dont be a baby about it..

Back