why do i always feeling guilty and i really shouldnt?

krissynick

so today i was talking to my friend about hair and she philipino.. and she was like oh i never seen ur hair curly and i was like yea .. i straightened it cause i prefer it that way and she was like is it curly like rubys.. rubys an ethopian girl she knows and her hair is like 3c i guess.. and i was like no girl its mad tight like sprial curl tight and she was like oh i diont know wat that looks like so i decided to send her a picture so she could see.. but why do i feel bad... like i never had a problem with my natual hair... i like it its just its easier for me to do it straight in my opinion . do you tink im scared of her reaciton like she might say its ugly and i might get mad... i dunno ... i just felt weird after that convo.... and i told her my hair when it natural when it grows it grows out more than it does down and i dont want to walk around with like a big puff of hair and i was like my hair is really thick and stuff so i rather not.... she was like oh ok she aint seem to mind but i dunno.... i think im worried about what she would think when it really dont matter i like my kinky hair ... even though i wear it straight..

Don't feel bad, girl. I guess it's just that you worry that others won't find your natural hair beautiful, even though you find your hair to be beautiful. People tend to be fooled by the stereotypical view of beautiful hair, which is long and has a looser curl pattern. That isn't the only kind of beautiful hair. Look at women like Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, and India Arie. All of them have a tight curl pattern, and their hair is gorgeous. So don't feel bad about letting her see your hair in it's natural state. Just know that both you and your hair are beautiful and work it girl :drunk:

Don't feel bad, girl. I guess it's just that you worry that others won't find your natural hair beautiful, even though you find your hair to be beautiful. People tend to be fooled by the stereotypical view of beautiful hair, which is long and has a looser curl pattern. That isn't the only kind of beautiful hair. Look at women like Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, and India Arie. All of them have a tight curl pattern, and their hair is gorgeous. So don't feel bad about letting her see your hair in it's natural state. Just know that both you and your hair are beautiful and work it girl :drunk:

yea thanks girl u right.. i think society has made us beautiful black women think our hair is not beautiful... cause when i was younger my mother always use to tell me how nice my hair was( even though it was thicker and big as hell ).. so i never had an issue with my natural hair.... but i guess society is just so ignorant

yea thanks girl u right.. i think society has made us beautiful black women think our hair is not beautiful... cause when i was younger my mother always use to tell me how nice my hair was( even though it was thicker and big as hell ).. so i never had an issue with my natural hair.... but i guess society is just so ignorant

I agree with you. My mother always said that my natural hair was pretty, but I guess she felt that when a black girl was a certain age they should get a relaxer, whether they have nice hair or not. Currently my hair is still relaxed, and even though my hair is strong and healthy and I like it very much, I still wish my mom hadn't given me a relaxer when I was a child. Right now my hair is healthy and I'm taking good care of it, but eventually I will go natural. I think that every black woman should know how their naturaly texture looks and feels like. And I happen to think that Black hair in it's natural state is very unique, beautiful, and versatile.

Back