Who's set to make BSL 08?

I just wanted to post a word of encouragement for everyone
When it seems like with setbacks and just plain old time that you'll never make it...
TRUST one day you'll look up and you're at BSL. Hair tends to grow in spurts or something. :yep:
Stay with your regimens and you'll get there

When it seems like with setbacks and just plain old time that you'll never make it...
TRUST one day you'll look up and you're at BSL. Hair tends to grow in spurts or something. :yep:

Nice words of encouragement. I was just wondering when the H - E - double L will I make full brastrap....I try to keep a good regimen and eat healthy, but the hair seems to be growing so slowly. With this slow growth, I was gonna say the hell with it and cut a bob for the summer. If I am not there by August, I give up!

I had some setbacks but I still will make it to BSL by the end of this year mos def. It looks like I should reach BSL by the end of the summer. My reggie is good and solid so all I have to do is be patient and watch my hair grow, grow, grow! Let's keep it up ladies, we are going to do this!:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Thanks for the encouragement laCriolla, we can all use it! :rosebud:
Your hair looks lovely in that siggy!

I had some setbacks but I still will make it to BSL by the end of this year mos def. It looks like I should reach BSL by the end of the summer. My reggie is good and solid so all I have to do is be patient and watch my hair grow, grow, grow! Let's keep it up ladies, we are going to do this!:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Yes we are! :grin: :clapping:

I know how you feel. I had a setback right before I made bsl. I thought I wouldn't make my goal because I had a trim. But then my hair had a spurt. so keep thinking positively

Thanks for the encouragement laCriolla, we can all use it! :rosebud:
Your hair looks lovely in that siggy!

Nice words of encouragement. I was just wondering when the H - E - double L will I make full brastrap....I try to keep a good regimen and eat healthy, but the hair seems to be growing so slowly. With this slow growth, I was gonna say the hell with it and cut a bob for the summer. If I am not there by August, I give up!

Did you cut a bunch of hair off? In your pic you have more than enough hair beyond the BSL marker for me. You even have a few strands dancing on MBL. :grin:

Don't worry the rest will catch up soon enough. :)

Did you cut a bunch of hair off? In your pic you have more than enough hair beyond the BSL marker for me. You even have a few strands dancing on MBL. :grin:

Don't worry the rest will catch up soon enough. :)

Aww thanks sweetie..... No I didn't cut any. I was just fussing over those sides. They just make my wanna cut, cut, cut! I won't claim bra strap until them sides get there so I am still waiting unpatiently. Your hair looks nice and thick and I love that color. It will look great at bra strap length.

I want to join this challenge!

I just made APL earlier this month and I will like to be BSL by the end of this year (12/08) but I don't know if it's possible. I'm estimating that I need about another 3-4 inches to get to BSL because my bra strap sits low on my back. Plus, I estimate that my hair grows about 1 inch every 12 weeks (which is how long I stretch my relaxers).

How many inches do y'all think someone who is about 5'6/5'7 tall will need to get from APL to BSL?

I have about 3 1/2 to 4 inches to go myself.

Ummmm...cuz....I peeped the siggy pic...:look:

Your progress is like :blush::blush:

Gawjeous... You will be making it this year...so could you...

*g'won ahead and start the 2009 thread for me...*

Ummmm...cuz....I peeped the siggy pic...:look:

Your progress is like :blush::blush:

Gawjeous... You will be making it this year...so could you...

*g'won ahead and start the 2009 thread for me...*

:grin:Gal you too funny. If I hit it this year, then I will have to start an MBL challenge. Catch up and join me....pretty please:prettyplease:.

:grin:Gal you too funny. If I hit it this year, then I will have to start an MBL challenge. Catch up and join me....pretty please:prettyplease:.

I'll try :lol:
...maybe I can get a hold of that hair crack that Lavendar uses...:look:

Still have six months left...maybe a hair miracle can still happen..
will get a better assessment of chances after end of June touch up

oh BSL hair.

we will meet soon.

and be bffalw

(best friends for a little while...then it's onto the next)

i'm hoping for sometime in august.

i put myself back in protective styles (twists)
and i'm also kickin' my dc game back up
i got lazy with my hair once i got this job. haha.

i joined that no measuring challenge
so no updates until...september, i think?

i kind of like the idea of that.

i'll be good and surprised by what i get.

i hope you're all doing well!

I'm still pushing for yhe end of September to make BSL. The picture in my siggy is from March 31, so I think I should make it. (If I don't have to trim my ends again)

But I have been shedding like crazy and it's really getting on my nerves. And on top of that I'm still getting some knots.

I really think that once a month I may just straighten my hair to keep the knots away.

I just can't keep making progress as a natural to have to keep trimming because of my ends.

I will be updating soon.

Last edited:
I'll try :lol:
...maybe I can get a hold of that hair crack that Lavendar uses...:look:

Still have six months left...maybe a hair miracle can still happen..
will get a better assessment of chances after end of June touch up

I have no doubt that you're gonna make it girlie :hug2:

I'm still pushing for August to make BSL. The picture in my siggy is from March 31, so I think I should make it. (If I don't have to trim my ends again)

But I have been shedding like crazy and it's really getting on my nerves. And on top of that I'm still getting some knots.

I really think that once a month I may just straighten my hair to keep the knots away.

I just can't keep making progress as a natural to have to keep trimming because of my ends.

I will be updating soon.

You are making great progress :yep:

I think I'm about an inch below APL but I might have to trim the entire inch off and work on thickness for now and still hope to reach BSL by December 2008. I am due for a relaxer on July 24th and I will be getting a real trim then I believe - umm, at least 1/2 an inch or so.

My hair has been shedding a lot lately and the sides has broken off some, so I cut the thin areas to even it all out. I'm still hoping to make BSL by August, but if not I hope to make it some time this year.

I posted earlier that I made BSL. But, here are the pics!

Attachments

• bae1.jpg
    bae1.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 16
  • bae2.jpg
    bae2.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 17
i think i should be ther by the end of this year. maybe sooner. im full apl now and finally made the decission to protective style and see how that goes. i also eat fruits, drink water, co wash, deep condition with every shampoo, and will start working out in the gym tonigh:grin:. i moisturize my hair twice daily and seal with organic coconut oil or JBCO so i dont see why i shouldnt make full bsl.

I think I'm about an inch below APL but I might have to trim the entire inch off and work on thickness for now and still hope to reach BSL by December 2008. I am due for a relaxer on July 24th and I will be getting a real trim then I believe - umm, at least 1/2 an inch or so.

your hair looks fine to me. wasn't there someone saying how she didn't trim her ends but they would thicken up on their own in cycles?

your hair looks fine to me. wasn't there someone saying how she didn't trim her ends but they would thicken up on their own in cycles?

Awww! Thanks mwedzi. I'm not sure but if that happens for me then that would be great and I would have no need to trim.

Back