Who's set to make BSL 08?

i have reached BSL... but i will be trimming my edges soon so i will be 1 inch away.:grin:

ppl never believe my hair is my own until they touch it (which i hate... why cant a black woman have long hair.. plus i dont kno where there hands been)

:kiss:

Thanks for the support chica :yep:

*I'm counting down to touch up day (near end of June) to get a better idea as this would be about the halfway mark until years end *

ETA: It's the halfway mark and I'm not happy with progress :( I feel no excitement whatsoever in comparison to the heads I see on the board. If I don't see any improvement after the summer, will withdraw from challenge :/ I am follically challenged and must deal with it... *sigh*

Don't give up chica, there's still time for a growth spurt! If not we'll be here to support you in 09! It's all good! :hug2:

I'm not officially in this challenge but wanted to document this somewhere because I can't promise that the next time I comb it I won't cut it. I'm trying to hold out at least to Sept., 2 years after my angry chop. it's a different bra than the old one I used because that one was losing its elasticity and I like my nanas high.

Attachments

• july08.JPG
    july08.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 8
im almost certain that by the end of august i will have top of bsl hair. but my goal is by the end of december to have full bottom of bsl hair:grin:.
im flat ironing my hair this wknd but tuesday im going right back to co washing and wet bunning everyday so that will help me retain my legnth.

I checked my lenth last night while co-washing and I am solidly a APL. I joined this challenge but December is only four months away so I am thinking about throwing in the towel.

I technically should have made it in July, however it is not working out too well. Maybe I will finally make my goal in December.

I don't know when I'm going to make BSL :-( I'm hoping sometime this year.... I am 4 post relaxer right now, as soon as I get some newgrowth I am back to bunning until I reach BSL.....

Update: My hair was BSL

DSC00684.jpg

But my ends were straggly and damaged! The reason I found lhcf was to have healthy hair, not just long hair. So I trimmed away 3 inches :grin:

DSC007011.jpg

And now I have healthy APL length hair. I'm 3 inches away from BSL now. Will I make BSL by the end of the year? I don't know, but I do know that I will not sacrifice health for length! It's amazing how much more life and body my hair has without those straggly ends!
I will be continuing this thread and joining you ladies in the 09 thread ;).
Happy, healthy hair growing to everyone!

Sorry the pics are so big, I tried to resize, but apparently it didn't work. :look:

Last edited:
Wow, your hair still looks good :yep: I'm sure you'll be back to BSL by the end of this year :grin:.

DSC00684.jpg

But my ends were straggly and damaged! The reason I found lhcf was to have healthy hair, not just long hair. So I trimmed away 3 inches :grin:

DSC007011.jpg

And now I have healthy APL length hair. I'm 3 inches away from BSL now. Will I make BSL by the end of the year? I don't know, but I do know that I will not sacrifice health for length! It's amazing how much more life and body my hair has without those straggly ends!

Sorry the pics are so big, I tried to resize, but apparently it didn't work. :look:

One question:
sorry, if it was already asked - how often are you measuring process - once a month, once every six months - or do you wait till the end of 08 to measure since its an 08 challenge? Checking usually requires heat so i was wondering if anyone was waiting till the year was up...

One question:
sorry, if it was already asked - how often are you measuring process - once a month, once every six months - or do you wait till the end of 08 to measure since its an 08 challenge? Checking usually requires heat so i was wondering if anyone was waiting till the year was up...

You can check whenever you like. I understand about not wanting to use heat too often. I won't be using heat again until the end of the year and I'm relaxed.

DSC00684.jpg

DSC007011.jpg

Your hair looks wonderful HT :yep:

I would :love: for my hair to even look 20% close to what your hair looks like now.

Healthy, thick, APL hair. That's all I want. I've got the healthy, I've got the APL, but getting it thicker is hella elusive :ohwell:.

I'll be back at BSL by years end for sure! I cut in march from a lil below BSL to a lil above APL and it's growing back nicely. This transition isn't as bad as I expected :)

Back