Who's got HOLEY socks?!?

Syrah

I know ya'll are like - take that nonsense to the "help me with my laundry" forum.

No, I'm serious, who's got holey socks??

What?? Holey socks are always in the back of the sock drawer (for some of ya'll they're in the front). You know you should throw them away but you keep 'em because they're comfortable. Because you KNOW how they're going to fit. You know that the heel is a little thin and that your big toe is going to stick out a bit in the front. And the color is kinda fading, but they're still there. Sometimes you put them on because you've got no other clean socks to wear. Sometimes it's just because they're the first thing you reach for out of habit. And sometimes its just for the sake of putting on something else comfortable.

But the worst thing about holey socks is that they take up space in your sock drawer - so every time you glance in there you see socks and think "nope, I don't need any new socks - I've got plenty" or "the ones I've got are just fine".

So I'm saying, WHO'S GOT HOLEY SOCKS?!?!?

Who's got that man that you know you REALLY should give up but just can't??? He's good at a few things, and you know he can make you laugh sometimes, and he's a good listener sometimes. And he is a warm body. But he just ain't right for you. You know it, your family knows it, your friends know it. It's not that he's BAD for you, he's just a waste of time.

He lacks a few of the things that you think are FUNDAMENTAL for the basis of a good relationship. And as much as you hate to admit it, he might be a distraction thats keeping you from meeting that cashmere pair of warm socks that you've been waiting for.

Who's got holey socks?!?

Hahha, I know what you're talking about - my friend and I call these guys "the Old Navy jeans". It's the comfortable guy who flatters you and makes you feel good (ohh, I'm fitting into a size 16 jeans at Old Navy instead of the regular size 18 at other stores - I must be losing weight!) but you know isn't built for the relationship long haul.

Hahha, I know what you're talking about - my friend and I call these guys "the Old Navy jeans". It's the comfortable guy who flatters you and makes you feel good (ohh, I'm fitting into a size 16 jeans at Old Navy instead of the regular size 18 at other stores - I must be losing weight!) but you know isn't built for the relationship long haul.

I'm thinking who doesn't have 'em?:ninja: But maybe, that's just me. It's probably best to clean out the drawers.

I was wondering where you were going with this... I had to get rid of all of my holey socks and then magically the sturdy durable long lasting ones appeared!

I was wondering where you were going with this... I had to get rid of all of my holey socks and then magically the sturdy durable long lasting ones appeared!

It's interesting to me that no one is responding or reading (probably because I titled it "who's got holey socks" - cuz I am willing to bet my year's salary that 80% of us have at least ONE holey pair of socks - that man that you just can't give up.

That man that you lie to your girlfriends about seeing (think, Mr. Big before he got his act together). "Where were you last night" - "Oh, I just hung out with what's his name and them" knowing darn well that's code for MY HOLEY SOCKS.

It's not that your parents don't like this man, it's just that they know (and YOU know) that you can do better.

That man that has already seen the "Granny 'draws" and actually thinks they're cute.

That man that knows exactly where you want to go before you say "I'm hungry".

I try to clean out my "sock drawer" on a regular basis, but socks have feelings too...can't just toss 'em...lol.:lachen:

I got a pair of holey socks with major static cling. I keep throwing them in the trash and when I turn around they clinging to my leg. I tried washing them and sewing up the holes but they still the same ole holey socks. Even when I got on a brand new pair of socks the holey socks wont stay in the trash long. :lachen:

Back