Who is your ultimate hair inspiration?

• Amerie
  • Amel Larrieux
  • Crystal Gayle
  • Cher (I remember seeing the old Sonny & Cher Show a fews years ago on TV Land and her hair was long and gorgeous!)

There are a lot of hair inspirations on LHCF, too! :yep:

Also, I saw a member on the Long Hair Community who had gorgeous hair! :love: Her name is Catia and her hair is 85 inches long! :notworthy

There are sooo many but just to name a few:

Kha-she makes my heart ache, I want her hair so bad! (not sure if she's on this board though)

AFashionSlave:Her album was one of the first I saw and her hair is amazing!

Peachtree: Her hair, definatly off the chains!

Last edited:
My hair inspiration is actually a painting. Part of the reason I went natural was because I found an image of Oshun, the African goddess of love, which is attached to this message. I thought it was so beautiful that I started wondering why I was perming my hair.

There's definitely some similarity between my hair type and thickness and what's shown in the painting. :lol: It's even the length I'd like most.

~R. :Rose:

Attachments

• oshun.jpg
    oshun.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 20
SouthernGirl! She is the reason why I joined this forum. I wanted to see her hair album:lol: There is also a young lady on here who has the hugest afro and in her siggy she wears a white band. I have to hunt for her name. She looks fabulous@

atl_mulattamami said:
I would have to say my TOP hair inspiration is Lisa Marcos. She has some of the prettiest hair I've seen in my life! She and I have similar hair types so hopefully I can achieve the same style she wears.

ON HERE I WOULD HAVE TO SAY SYLVER2 & SHERRYLOVE:)

adrienne0914 - My journey all began with you !!
Supergirl - Local Talent , just drop a name and I'll buy it :eek:

Sherrylove - pictures speak louder than words

Jennifermd - body for days:droolings

southerngirl - flavor;)

HoneyRockette - undercover:lachen:

Leejure - natural :love:

Tracy - every color works on her hair :ohwell:

Carlie - long shiney black hair:cool:

peachtree - natural curly girl !!

Jewell - pressed:Flahsssss

Skegeesmd - blowout:)

Honeylemondrop - pony ain't phony:mad:

and there was somebody rocking a fab fro.... can't remember the screen name

just to name a few, these ladies keep me in the game !:grin:

In life:

My mother who went natural long before I even thought about it. :kiss: And she STILL has men flirting with her when she's out shopping... ummm, when my dad isn't with her. :lol:

In LHCF:

babyblue - long natural hair like I want. :love: She was the first long 4a/b natural whose album I saw. My jaw dropped and I said "That's it! I'm going for it!"

den1 - handling the transition with long hair. :up: Her album gives me the courage to try to win the battle of two textures.

HoneyLemonDrop, Sistaslick, & sylver2 - healthy, long relaxed hair... in case I want to change my mind about going natural :sekret:

... and so many others whose healthy hair helped me to make my decision about transitioning. Thank you all LHCF :kiss:

hmmm i would have to say, Hairlove, Iris, glossy lips, Amerie, Subrock, Shygirl, and layli(sp) all on NC. Oh and peach tree and bublnburgsa(sp) and Ayeisha

But my ultimate inspirations out of all of them, i think is a toss up of hairlove and iris

Adrienne... I forget the numbers that come after her screenname. She has waist length texturized hair and I want my hair to be like hers when it grows up.:D

Zeal said:
Ekombe,CatSuga, Naturallady.(I hope I have your name right)
Started with TWA's and are spreading to big afros.

Den1

:D

Z

Oh thanks Zeal:p i have so many its ridiculous i cant name everyone i will forget so many names i like all the fotkis i see i stalk a lot hahahah den1, chicoro, nay, kitchentician, irrestistible, sherrylove, zanna, adrienne there s way more but on top of my head i cant remember but i loooooooooove all the natural albums specially cause i m now natural and i love to read everybody regimens.

http:www.fotki.com/ekomba

tthreat08 said:
First people that pop into my mind are Hiza and Flowerhair. Off the board it would be Tracy Ellis Ross.

Thanks!!! :D :rosebud::rosebud:

I have so many inspirations on this board...too many to mention. It's not all about length either, sometimes it's the way someone has overcome a personal obstacle. I love all well taken care of hair, natural and relaxed!

I must admit that Amel Larrieux has a special place in my hair-heart though... :)

On this board: I absolutely love love love Macherieamour's hair,
Southergirl, Supergirl,Sherry love, and JenniferMD and many more

Elsewear: Jada Pinkette-smith,Jennifer Freeman, Essense Attkins, Persia white

All of the celebs in my siggy plus:

Lewis-th.jpg
thDennyMendez.jpg

Denny Mendez is my hair twin although my hair has never been as long as hers.

But what really drew me into this board and taking better care of my hair are the beautiful real-life women who have shown the lengths they have achieved and inspired us to give it a go; here they are, in the order that I stumbled across their posts and albums:
  • SouthernGirl
  • Adrienne
  • SuperGirl
  • SherryLove
  • Sylver2
  • Hiza
  • Anky
  • audrachanell
  • unlvgirl
Since then, many more have by their own progress encouraged me not to give up: Sistaslick, Metamystica, Kitchen Tician, etc., etc.

Emmy Lou Harris is one of my Silver Fox inspirations. She has a wonderful head full of gray hair. Just shows that you can still keep the hair looking great when you get older.

7120534.jpg

myco said:
Emmy Lou Harris is one of my Silver Fox inspirations. She has a wonderful head full of gray hair. Just shows that you can still keep the hair looking great when you get older.

7120534.jpg
Interesting choice. :up:

She's aged gracefully from a pretty "hippy" to a beautiful woman.

Emmylou_Harris-Profile.jpg

For me: SherryLove, Adrienne, Supergirl and many others. I was inspired by many here to grow my hair long...I know I would have been talked into cutting my hair long before now if it had not been for the others here who proudly display their lovely locks...and to let the world know that we too can have long hair....

MANY THANKS to atrinibeauty, yokourt, ekomba, lenghtydreams, missbiss, alli77, and lala for even thinking of me and my hair in such a capacity....this is truly an honor....

There are TOOOOOO many heads onthis board to name, but I'd have to say my inspiration is my mother...
she's 56 with brastrap length, and it's BEAUTIFUL....she's my inspiration in life, andyhow, but I'd have to say I hope when I get her age, I still look and FEEL as good as she does..I wish you alllll knew her....She's an AMAZING woman

The first one who comes to mind is Sistaslick and Macherieamour.

On this forum, I also admire:
Anky
Candy_C
Dontspeakdefeat
Jewell
Southerngirl
SupergirlJ
Sylver 2

Celebrities: I love Amerie's but she cut hers all off. Aaliyah also gets my vote.

Last edited:
Irresistible
Her hair is simply gorgeous! When I fiorst started lurking here I was blown away by her album. I started using avocado butter because she recommended it and I think it has really contributed to my hair's health.

Her hair is so full and curly and just amazing! :)

Back