Who here knows how to cornrow their own hair....

Faith

with extensions?
I'm thinking of trying to learn how so I can change up my look a bit. If I could do like 7-10 big ones with wavy hair attached it would look nice...maybe do that weekly. Does anyone have any tips on how I can start the cornrow. That is my main area that I need to work on. Thank
smile.gif

Hi Faith,

If I get a chance I will draw a diagram and scan it and post it on my site.

smile.gif

I did two fat cornrows with them.
laugh.gif

I grabbed a small piece of my hair in the beginning of the cornrow. I divided the entension hair in half and took the center part of the divide and wrapped it around the front of my piece of hair, not all the way. Then, I took my pointer finger and reached over and grabbed the left piece of fake hair from underneath. I grabbed it and reached under and grabbed the right piece from underneath and continued about cornrowing. Hope that made sense.
ohwell.gif

I did basically the same thing as Karonica except I started my cornrow first and then added the hair after beginning each cornrow. I think that keeps the extension hair 1) "locked in", and 2) looks natural.

If you are still interested, I'll draw the diagram and scan it sometime tomorrow.

Did you add the extension as 3 separate strands or was it folded in half and then you began cornrowing? I think the 2nd way may cause a bump in front. What do you think? Thanks again.
smile.gif

Back