Who here is "Surging" and why is it so great??

Lindy

Who here is \"Surging\" and why is it so great??

I haven't tried Surge and honestly haven't paid much attention to the Surge posts, but I'm getting curious!! /images/graemlins/look.gif

Is anyone really getting good results with these products? Are they any good?? I'm thinking about treating my daughter to some Surge products for X-mas... which ones are the best? TIA!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Re: Who here is \"Surging\" and why is it so great??

I just started Surging this past week. I've mixed in some oils to hopefully help w/ the flaking that some people mentioned experiencing.

I believe Denali's been having good success with Surge recently. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've been using surge for a long time and get good results

I use it off and on, but it definitely works. I use the Surge Revitilizer 14 or something like that, it's the spray and it's the only Surge product I use. I bought the Woojee Cream, but *I'm ashamed to admit this* I rarely use moisturizers on my hair.

My only beef with Surge Plus 14 is that the water content will cause your hair to revert so I only use it when I wear my hair in a curly rollerset, but it's also okay if you're wearing your hair back. The other thing is I'm lazy and sometimes do not have the energy to get out of my bed from watching Jeopardy to spray my hair.

I like it. I do not apply it to the roots because I am too lazy to stick to it to see results but I discovered that spraying it on my hair followed by glycerin stops breakage dead in its tracks.

Yup I've been using it for about a year. I don't use it everyday because I am a lazy bones, but it seems to be working for me. I only use it around my hairline because I wear buns all the time. I haven't had any thinning, and I've noticed that my hairline is about earlength. I don't know if that is because of the texturizer (I've only retexturized twice since October of last year).

A winner for me. But it does make my hair revert, so I only use it when I wear my hair back. I like it!

[ QUOTE ]
Tene said:

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO...and my hairline has never looked so good despite being a ponytail queen /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tene said:

[/ QUOTE ]
me too. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

When I first joined, I saw that LorraineG got good results. That's what made me curious to try it.

I've been surging for about 3 weeks now and I believe I'm getting some growth. However, someone posted about whether the growth was real or was the surge just causing some sort of reversion and the growth minimal. I tried to find the thread for you to no avail...

~op~

It get a good inch per month when I use surge consitently /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lindy,
I really like Surge Plus 14 but like Ms K I use it on and off. I don't think my hair is gaining length as a result of it but I do think my tresses are much fuller. The only down side is I can't wear my hair straight because my roots are always wet and curly so I'm back to a wash and go so just keep that in mind if you purchase it for your daughter. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I adore the Power Wash. The WooGee cream is okay but too watery for my taste. I haven't had a chance to try the new products as they're not at my local stores.

Since I usually wear my hair pressed, Surging makes my hair revert, but I usually stil Surge my kitchen at least once a day and I think it has really been growing.

I have been using Surge for a couple of weeks, and I'm really not sure if it's working or not... /images/graemlins/frown.gif but I maybe I need to be consistent with it.

[ QUOTE ]
maibabie said:
can someone post the ingredients?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ingredients:
Water , Cetrimonium Chloride , Propylene Glycol , Muccopolysaccharides , Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein , Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein , Polyquaternium-7 , Biotin , Fragrance , Methylparaben , Aloe Barbadensis Gel , Propylparaben , Citric Acid , Sodium PCA.

For me Surge was worth the money. I got really good growth from using it while I was wearing braids (about 1+ inch in a month). I started back using it again since I got my hair cornrowed, however, at any other time I wouldn’t be able to Surge my hair because it would make my hair revert back to it’s natural texture, thus ruining the hairstyle I would be wearing. It’s well worth it to try it but I recommended following up each application with some sort of moisturizer, oil, etc because it can cause your hair to feel dry. HTH.

I only use Surge when I wear braids. I spray it on my edges to ensure that I still HAVE edges when I take the braids out.. it works.. I think. When I first bought it I used it like the bottle says, and I did get a lot of growth but I can only do that in the summer when I have time and can wash my hair every other day.

I think it works...I stopped using it for a while from laziness...but I have been surging, moisturizing my nape and the tiny hairs are growing....I mean hair I didnt think would grow seem fuller and longer in some area.......my kitchen length is longer too....so Ill stick to it...plus it makes me more aware of my nape area...when I need to moisturize especially

I didn;t like using it on my roots cause it is liquid but I may start when I roller set....I just need a diffferent applicator....

[ QUOTE ]
ccd said:
I didn;t like using it on my roots cause it is liquid but I may start when I roller set....I just need a diffferent applicator....

[/ QUOTE ]

Take the applicator tip off of the WGO bottle and screw onto the Surge bottle. I read that here and it works...

I have been using Surge since last Oct and get great results when consistent.
I had great results using Surge and co washes daily in the summer.

[ QUOTE ]
BLESSED1 said:
my hairline has never looked so good despite being a ponytail queen /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OK... thanks to everyone for the info.!!!! /images/graemlins/up.gif I think my daughter needs this stuff desperately!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Her hairline is sooo short!! /images/graemlins/look.gif She's also a ponytail queen... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

And I just might try it myself!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif It can't hurt!! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
reformatio said:
[ QUOTE ]
maibabie said:
can someone post the ingredients?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ingredients:
Water , Cetrimonium Chloride , Propylene Glycol , Muccopolysaccharides , Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein , Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein , Polyquaternium-7 , Biotin , Fragrance , Methylparaben , Aloe Barbadensis Gel , Propylparaben , Citric Acid , Sodium PCA.

[/ QUOTE ]
thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I probably would if I could actually find it. Whenever I go in a Walgreens I make a note to look for it, and I never see it.

For those who use Surge revitalizer daily, how often do you wash your hair? Also, which products are you using to moisturize after applying Surge?

[ QUOTE ]
Honey01 said:
I probably would if I could actually find it. Whenever I go in a Walgreens I make a note to look for it, and I never see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can request for them to order it for you just ask for the manager thats what I did ! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Honey 01 I had the same problem. I ended up just buying 2 bottles of surge 14 online from walgreens. At the time they were on sale for 4.99. I'm not sure what the price is now.

When I am surging, I was every 3 days and I use WGO on my hair afterwards.

I use Surge spiked with peppermint spirits and and Essencia de Canela (cinnamon).

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
I like it. I do not apply it to the roots because I am too lazy to stick to it to see results but I discovered that spraying it on my hair followed by glycerin stops breakage dead in its tracks.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the purpose of glycerin? Where is it sold?

Back