White/Jewish guy asked me today: When are you going to comb your hair?

"Well are you going to take a bath today you mangy bastard?" that's what I mighta asked him. "please tell me are you gonna brush your teeth this week?"

This got me PO'd just readin it. I think he was actually serious and apologized just in case to cover his tail.

:blush::blush::blush::lachen:

I think he was looking for an opening...a reason to talk to you, and he just picked an inappropriate way to do it. So he is known as the office joker? Well get to know people before you make comments like that!

I would have said the same thing as someone else said "Well are you going to take a bath today?" and just rolled out. But you definitely made your point and he got it!

"Well are you going to take a bath today you mangy bastard?" that's what I mighta asked him. "please tell me are you gonna brush your teeth this week?"

This got me PO'd just readin it. I think he was actually serious and apologized just in case to cover his tail.
I agree. I would have been upset too, and don't know if I would have been as calm. He probably told other people what he said and how she reacted and they told him he better go apologize. :rolleyes:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Love it!

Some people play too much though. Dude has no filter. Afro hair is seen as a joke to too many people which is probably why he felt like he could say that even though he doesn't really know you.

Sigh.

People often say offensive "stuff" that is way over the line and afterwards come back and validate their behavior by saying: I didnot mean it, you are to sensitive, it was only a joke.
I believe that people often mean what they say, they just want to see how much their can get away with, how much their can push you. I have learnt that you should should agree with them and state why you agree.
Make a statement like " you know what you are absolutely correct I am sensitive especially when my rights are being violated I am concern about it. This tactic will knocks the wind out of their sails.
Donot remain quiet he will repeat that behavior again and next time he may do it in front of a crowd. Again agree with his excuse for his behaviour and follow up with why you agree with his excuse for his comment. " You what Mr X you do have a reputation for joking but ...............

:needpics:

Don't be coming in here talking bout thick and luscious twistouts without posting pics.:look:
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: I'm telling you how offended i was and you asking about a pic :rolleyes:

You'd think people in the workplace would know better.

smdh:nono:
I didn't think I'd ever hear a comment like that :ohwell:

Report him to HR and get him fired. This is probably the only thing that will make you feel better since an apology didn't.
I'm not trying to make waves, i've been there less than a year and he is a mangager :perplexed

Um...

I hope this wasn't a serious statement...
But alas it was Sera, alas it was :nono:

I agree. I would have been upset too, and don't know if I would have been as calm. He probably told other people what he said and how she reacted and they told him he better go apologize. :rolleyes:
I think you hit the nail on the head

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Love it!

Some people play too much though. Dude has no filter. Afro hair is seen as a joke to too many people which is probably why he felt like he could say that even though he doesn't really know you.

Sigh.
I agree, i so agree

That was so unfunny! Atleast be funny if you're saying something ignorant. He definitely should have known better. I don't know how I might have reacted. I think you handled it well.

i don't think he meant any real harm. his comment was stupid but he has pretty much been given free-reign in terms of taking the piss in the office it seems. i'm guessing a lot of the jokes he makes are of a personal nature when it comes to what he says to his co-workers.

sometimes some people don't understand that there are comments that are loaded and offensive to us. regardless, he shouldn't have joked with you in that manner, especially considering you did not have that type of relationship.

Here is the requested jaw-dropping smilie:
omfg.gif

And for good measure -
13.gif

Wow, girl . . . just . . . wow. I CANNOT believe that jack@ss said that to you. You handled yourself really well. I bet he won't be "joking" with you anymore.. . .

SMDH :nono: but you handled it well..... I have already warned my co workers about making ANY hair jokes. Especially about relaxers and ish..

Took the words straight outta my mouth! WTH?!?!?!!

wow omg i would have went off on him:boxing: only mommy is allowed to say that to me lmfao

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

lot of overreacting in this thread...

A lot of white people just don't know better. He realized he had made a mistake and apologized.

Jesus this forum be TRIPPIN.

I don't think it's overreacting...

I probably wouldn't have gone to HR either, but it is upsetting.

He's Jewish, right? How appropriate would it be to ask him when he's going to get a nose job? You know what they say about Jews and their noses...

It's implying that her African kinky/coily texture has not been combed. Would he have said the same thing to a white person with straight hair? or curly hair for that matter?

It wasn't funny or appropriate at the workplace especially. Especially with him being a manager.

btw, my bf is Jewish, I'm not racist in the least, just trying to make a point.

Although, looking at him right now I do notice his nose is DEFINITELY bigger than mine and pointy as hell :lachen:

I don't think it's overreacting...

I probably wouldn't have gone to HR either, but it is upsetting.

He's Jewish, right? How appropriate would it be to ask him when he's going to get a nose job? You know what they say about Jews and their noses...

It's implying that her African kinky/coily texture has not been combed. Would he have said the same thing to a white person with straight hair? or curly hair for that matter?

It wasn't funny or appropriate at the workplace especially. Especially with him being a manager.

btw, my bf is Jewish, I'm not racist in the least, just trying to make a point.

Although, looking at him right now I do notice his nose is DEFINITELY bigger than mine and pointy as hell :lachen:

Exactly. He's a grown-*** man, not a toddler. He knew better.

I think you handled it well, OP. :yep:

Well not much of a Jew to me if he is dating a GOY but he should not have said such things. But white people Jewish or not just don't know any better sometimes

You handled the situation well. Now this guy knows not to cross that line with you again. Good job.

This thread is like a year old (?) But anyway, I guess my skin is a lot thicker than most. Seems to me like he was trying to include her into the office hijinks. People use humor to break the ice with strangers. I mean, she had been there 8 months.

Are you gone mind your own cat raggedy business today? That's not funny. He wants you...he's just trying to hide it. :look:

Back