My boyfriend wants to learn how to do my hair!!!

Everything Zen

He didn't understand what the big deal is because he washes his hair in 5 minutes blah blah blah... He thought that when I didn't want to hang out tonight, it was because I was blowing him off and washing my hair was an excuse. So I explained to him how much work goes into it (he's Irish) and then told him about the forum and he turns around and said he wants to help me and learn how to do it! :eek: I mean everything- wash, flat iron, curl, etc...

Any thoughts?

that's cute!!! i wish i had a man that would help me with my hair!!! girl, teach him everything you know & then relax & let him do his thing!!!

Shoot girl, let him help you!:lol: Another pair of hands is a good thing if you're a do-it-yourselfer.

Start him off easy though. Don't wanna overwhelm him and have him quit on you before you get to the hard stuff!:lol:

He could wash and condition it, but I'on know about the flat iron thing. I'd hate for a man to die over a plug of burned hair!

Much2much41 said:
He could wash and condition it, but I'on know about the flat iron thing. I'd hate for a man to die over a plug of burned hair!

:lol: I think I'll let him help me roller set it the next time.

Teach him, I think it's sweet. My SO is always asking me if I need to take more pics of my hair, he loves to take the length shots from behind. He gets real serious, like he will grab the brush and make sure every hair is perfect it is soo funny. He has the nerve to get mad if I move, lol. Unfortunately, half of the pics he is supposed to take of the back of my head end up being focused at my bootay, lol.:lachen: What would we do without men?

I heard man massages are the best.

My SO helped give me a relaxer. He underprocessed me very bad, but it's otay I still love him. He was scared to lay the relaxer on thick. I ended up taking over. Bless his heart.:lol:

STLCoverGirl said:
Teach him, I think it's sweet. My SO is always asking me if I need to take more pics of my hair, he loves to take the length shots from behind. He gets real serious, like he will grab the brush and make sure every hair is perfect it is soo funny. He has the nerve to get mad if I move, lol. Unfortunately, half of the pics he is supposed to take of the back of my head end up being focused at my bootay, lol.:lachen: What would we do without men?

:lol: My SO is my picture man and he does the SAAAME thing. Especially the getting mad at me moving part.:lol: I think he found a new hobby!

LocksOfLuV said:

My SO helped give me a relaxer. He underprocessed me very bad, but it's otay I still love him. He was scared to lay the relaxer on thick. I ended up taking over. Bless his heart.:lol:

Ditto.
Einmal und nie wieder!
fighting0071.gif

I would let him help you tough,when I saw your thread I immediatly asked DH if he would help me too.To me this is just sooo sweet
love0003.gif

I want him to help me flatiron because everything else I really love doing.

"Be afraid, be very afraid" ??

Naw, just kidding. That's cool! I'd let him wash it etc, maybe non-heat/chem. related stuff.

My dad used to help my mom color her hair sometimes & he'd cut mine for me. My husband just mostly watches the kids and checks in to make sure I haven't shaved it all off again.:lol:

Last edited:
kaybeegee said:
"Be afraid, be very afraid" ??

Naw, just kidding. That's cool! I'd let him wash it etc, maybe non-heat/chem. related stuff.

My dad used to help my mom color her hair sometimes & he'd cut mine for me. My husband just mostly watches the kids and checks in to see if I haven't shaved it off again.:lol:

I really like you in your new siggy pic btw.
LOVE all the pregnant ladies on here
love0089.gif

That's so sweet! I'm definitely going to make my "friend" start helping me if I ever retwist his locs for him again. Talk about being tired.

LocksOfLuV said:

Well I don't even do my own relaxers so no worries there! He is already the king of foot massages so maybe I can get him to do scalp massages while I deep condition :)

STLCoverGirl said:

:lol:

This is my DH to a "T"! I trained him years ago, he even does my highlights! The problem is sometimes he oversteps his boundries and I have to check him :lachen: He'll say something like "Your not supposed to do so and so" or "If you so and so your hair will so and so"! I'm like, homeboy please I taught you!!!:cool:

But really its cool.

ETA: That is a great gesture...get him while you can!!

Pixel Lady said:
:lol:

This is my DH to a "T"! I trained him years ago, he even does my highlights! The problem is sometimes he oversteps his boundries and I have to check him :lachen: He'll say something like "Your not supposed to do so and so" or "If you so and so your hair will so and so"! I'm like, homeboy please I taught you!!!:cool:

But really its cool.

ETA: That is a great gesture...get him while you can!!

We had a thread aboput this in the OT you're not alone trust me:lol:

Teach him! I am not sure I could deal with it all the time because men tend to , uh - get off task, if you know what I mean.

I did enjoy my SO helping me remove my braids, though.

Back