Which would you sacrifice length or volume

Dionne

Would you rather have thick and full medium length hair or flat and long hair. I am asking this because I went to a basketball thingy yesterday night and every girl I saw with some nice looking long hair lacked alot of body but it still looked good and every girl with medium lengh healthy looking hair had lots of body. I would rather hair flat long hair.

I think I'd KEEP the volume, it easier to gain the length later, whereas if you have the length already you can't get that already exsisting hair fuller and thicker.

I'd rather have fuller, thicker hair.

I think that if your hair is full and thick, it looks terrific at any length and still lays flat (if you have a relaxer). Whereas fine hair (like I have, waaaaaaaaaaaah) when it grows long, you may still need to have a "track or two" for volume. If I'm growing out my hair, I'd rather not have to do that.

....and edited to add, I'd rather not sacrifice anything. I'd like to acheive length and volume/thickness /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Okay, I'm going to go with length here because you can get the "look" of volume anytime. There are so many volume enhancing products on the market these days. Also, for us relaxed folks--after about a month or so with no relaxer, we've got volume, yes we do /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I'd sacrifice length before I'd give up ANY volume....it is so easy for me to grow my hair long....it's the thickness I have a hard time keeping. But I seem to be keeping some volume this time around...at least so far. I'm at the point now where I normally(in the past) start loosing volume(I hate the 'scarecrow' look)...so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Volume is most important I think, it's what makes your hair look lush and healthy.

Hi Dionne,

If I could ONLY have length or volume, I would pick length.
I wouldn't mind having a nice head of long, straight, sleek looking Pantene hair. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Dionne!

I would rather have volume than length! I like to see thick, healthy hair and I could be biased since my own hair is sssoooo thin! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Sorry Jaqui /images/graemlins/grin.gif I had to bite this photo.

Disclaimer: Jaqui posted this lovely pic first. I just borrowed it for my example.

This to me is a perfect example of length PLUS volume. I can't imagine this length of hair, being see through but "long", it wouldn't be as pretty.

Edited to add: My definition of volume doesn't mean "big hair" , it means thick hair that is not see through. How flat it lays does not define volume for me, but how "heavy" and thick it looks. Hope that made sense.

http://store5.yimg.com/I/texasbeautysupplycom_1718_17014392

I would sacrifice volume because I don't know about you all but my hair naturally gets flatter as it gets longer. Besides, I have had volume before but I have never had length.

Volume! I like thick full hair it's better. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I just sacrificed a few inches of length and my hair appears thicker and more healthy. In fact, I'm getting more comments on how good my hair looks now then when it was to my bra-strap.

If my hair was still relaxed I would choose length, just to see what it would look like, then I would cut it shorter for volume, b/c no matter how much I would pay to go to the dominican salons, my relaxed hair could never be both long(ish) and thick at the same time. It was easy for me to have the volume as long as my hair didnt grow more than an inch or two past the top of my shoulders.

Now that Im natural hmm...I think I would still choose length because this fro aint looking thin unless I get a hard press. But I think I would settle for a thin looking press that was long, b/c when it reverted I would have volume again...

Does that make ANY sense?

Valerie I was under the impression that those products made the hair appear to be thicker, usually by coating it. You can't thicken up a hair strand once it's grown out past the hair follicle.

I gotta have the volume. My hair tends to be pretty fine so I love the idea of having full thick hair. It seems that as my hair grows I still cut it off because it grows in looking thin at the ends.

I've had volume before when I was natural and that was cool.. but it was also BIG. lol So I say I'd sacrifice volume because I'd like to experience the length.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
...every girl I saw with some nice looking long hair lacked alot of body but it still looked good

[/ QUOTE ]

It still looked good? Then I'd definitely choose the long hair. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back