Votes: 113 44.5%
  • Left Handed

Votes: 26 10.2%
  • Right Handed

Votes: 171 67.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Please vote which side is your more damaged side (if you have one) and also vote if you are right handed or left handed. Just want to see if there is a corelation here. Thanks chicas!!

Last edited:
Right handed but my left side is more damaging, but the texture on the left is thicker and silkier.

This IS an intersting poll. I likey!

Left side is more damaged (but it's also 4b, whereas the rest of my head is 4a/3d) and I'm right-handed.

I KNOW that a good bit of my damage on my left side is from having SERIOUS hand-in-hair disease - when I'm at work, my right hand is on the mouse, the left hand is in mah head.

The left side of my hairline is more damaged. I am right handed. My left side has gotten better but I am working to get a thick full healthy hairline.

:D :D :D

This is a very interesting thread. Im right handed and the left side of my hair is the damaged side.

I'm a lefty and I have more problems on the right side as far as length. and thickness. left side is sure thick but sometimes grows slower

-A

*Bre~Bre* said:
I am sure you know why the reason for this is right???

i tend to do more to my left side. being right handed im more comfortable doing that side. which leads to more damage.

The hair is thinner at my right temple and I am right handed. I'm almost postive the reason for this is becasue I normally pull my hair all over to the left when I am making a single braid. I've been doing this for the past 7 years. I need to quit.

I wouldn't say damaged since my hair is not exhibiting signs of true damage on either side. However, my hair grows slower on the right side (see siggy) and I'm right handed.

I also have a slow growing "kitchen" area that makes my hair look thin in some spots. :mad:

trimbride said:
Maybe we should switch the hand that we comb with?????

Bre Bre do you have any research on this subject?

This is only for me personally:

I have been thinking about this for some time and that's why I made the poll. I believe that it's because I was using my stronger hand (which for me is my right hand) and really catering to the right side of my head/hair. I noticed that while co-washing I would really rub and massage the conditioner in but only give half the same treatment to the other side. Also, while pinning up my hair in some type of twist I would do it in a way most convenient for my right hand since that was the primary hand being used. I was causing tension on the left side and not alternating the way I would twist my hair up.

Just my two cents. For the last month I have been doing double massage therapy on my left side while doing cowashes just to see if I can get that side to catch up to my right. Hopefully the extra massaging will stimulate more growth on that side.

I can be waaaaaaaay off base here (most likely I am) but again I know that thats what I've been doing. The strong hand (my right) was doing a better service to the right side of my head.

*Bre~Bre* said:
This is only for me personally:

I have been thinking about this for some time and that's why I made the poll. I believe that it's because I was using my stronger hand (which for me is my right hand) and really catering to the right side of my head/hair. I noticed that while co-washing I would really rub and massage the conditioner in but only give half the same treatment to the other side. Also, while pinning up my hair in some type of twist I would do it in a way most convenient for my right hand since that was the primary hand being used. I was causing tension on the left side and not alternating the way I would twist my hair up.

Just my two cents. For the last month I have been doing double massage therapy on my left side while doing cowashes just to see if I can get that side to catch up to my right. Hopefully the extra massaging will stimulate more growth on that side.

I can be waaaaaaaay off base here (most likely I am) but again I know that thats what I've been doing. The strong hand (my right) was doing a better service to the right side of my head.

Wow, this is so interesting! I think you may be on to something.

Right side and I'm right handed. For as long as I can remember, that side always looks a little shorter and not as thick especially at the ends. :ohwell:

This is a great thread! My jacked up left side was one of the reasons why I started searching for hair help on the net. It's shorter, thinner, and more petulant than the right side. I'm also right-handed.

nappywomyn said:
Left side is more damaged (but it's also 4b, whereas the rest of my head is 4a/3d) and I'm right-handed.

I KNOW that a good bit of my damage on my left side is from having SERIOUS hand-in-hair disease - when I'm at work, my right hand is on the mouse, the left hand is in mah head.

This could possibly be my problem as well. I have that hair pulling disorder but it still dosen't seem right because I'm right handed and normally I pull/play with my hair in that area but it's my left side that is always the weaker one:confused: .

Back