• Left Handed

Votes: 26 10.2%
  • Right Handed

Votes: 171 67.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
*Bre~Bre* said:
This is only for me personally:

I have been thinking about this for some time and that's why I made the poll. I believe that it's because I was using my stronger hand (which for me is my right hand) and really catering to the right side of my head/hair. I noticed that while co-washing I would really rub and massage the conditioner in but only give half the same treatment to the other side. Also, while pinning up my hair in some type of twist I would do it in a way most convenient for my right hand since that was the primary hand being used. I was causing tension on the left side and not alternating the way I would twist my hair up.

Just my two cents. For the last month I have been doing double massage therapy on my left side while doing cowashes just to see if I can get that side to catch up to my right. Hopefully the extra massaging will stimulate more growth on that side.

I can be waaaaaaaay off base here (most likely I am) but again I know that thats what I've been doing. The strong hand (my right) was doing a better service to the right side of my head.

You are def. on to something. I notice that my right side is healthier, AND I am right handed. I tend to put more product on the right side too and I pay waaay more attention to the right side (subconsciously). I will def. start adding more product to the left side.

This will take some effort.

I'm left-handed and my right side is the more jacked-up of the two. The hair on the right side seems to grow slower and is thinner than the left side. Interesting. Never thought about that before.

For me its my right side/right handed. Last year I went to the derm because the right side of my face was breaking out. He told me that I had mechanical acne because I sleep on my right side, talk on the phone, rest my hand on face and that the pressure from all that causes build up (nasty huh) Long story short I think thats why my right side is less fuller than my left because I sleep on that side. Just my theory!!!!

I was going to post something similar to this because yesterday i realised that my right side is a gift from God, with a consistent growth span but the left side :perplexed quite the opposite and was wondering whether it was because im right handed and so i do more excercise in that side of my body which could have some how benefited my haie :perplexed. I know it sounds stupid but I treat both sides the same, and even when im weaved up when i take out the weave the right side blossoms much more than the left.

The right side of my hair not only grows at a slower rate, but it's prone to being damaged more. I think it's easier for me to style that side, so I tend to 'abuse' it more without really realizing it. Great thread!

left side, right handed.

I messed up my left side with the freakin' blowdryer. I think it is because I can't get to that side correctly. I can never flat iron or curl my left side well, either.

I was just thinking about this, interesting thread.

I always thought it was because one side is more dominant (right word?). My right hand, foot, and hair is stronger and I am right handed. My right foot is bigger, my hand is bigger. Only by a little bit but they still are. My mom use to always say to try on shoes with my bigger foot (if not both feet) and then I would know for sure they fit my left. Being involved w/ sports, I know that one side is more dominant. It is probably a combination of things. I have had my hair hidden for 1.5 yrs and last night i took down some twists to redo and my right side is thicker and longer. So it shouldn't really be from styling, handling, etc. I'm also wondering about sleeping positions also. From the replies I didn't notice any pattern really. When I let my hair out I am definitely going to baby the left side even more than the right.

my left side is thin in the front, and I still have a lot of relaxed hair on that side...where as my right side and the back is natural. I am right handed

nappywomyn said:
Left side is more damaged (but it's also 4b, whereas the rest of my head is 4a/3d) and I'm right-handed.

I KNOW that a good bit of my damage on my left side is from having SERIOUS hand-in-hair disease - when I'm at work, my right hand is on the mouse, the left hand is in mah head.
:confused: did they add 3d to the hair typing system?

My left side is thinner and tends to break easily. I'm right-handed.

ETA: Here lately, my hair in the back (left side also) has started acting weird.

nappywomyn said:
Left side is more damaged (but it's also 4b, whereas the rest of my head is 4a/3d) and I'm right-handed.

I KNOW that a good bit of my damage on my left side is from having SERIOUS hand-in-hair disease - when I'm at work, my right hand is on the mouse, the left hand is in mah head.

What exactly is 3d hair? I've never seen that type?

My right side is thinner, I'm right handed. I've been massaging that area with oils more hopefully it thickens up soon.

MizaniMami said:
Right handed but my left side is more damaging, but the texture on the left is thicker and silkier.

This IS an intersting poll. I likey!

Same here...?:scratchch interesting...

When I did have a damaged side it was my left side and Im right-handed. Still to this day I have no clue why.

My right side is much thinner and I'm right handed. i always wear a part on this side and it is still recovering from years of wrapping the same direction (starting on the right side)

I don't have damaged but i answered in regards to legnth, the left side is shorter and not as thick (only by a litter but noticeable when you don't have much hair). I am also right handed

My left side is more damaged, and I'm right handed. The sides of my hair (from my ears forward) really need a lot of help.

Bre Bre- have you noticed any changes? I've also found that I've been twisting my buns the same direction, causing more tension for the left, so I'm going to stop doing that.

My left side has to be handled with care. It is "the weakest link"! My right side is mega thick, stronger and longer. I am also right handed.

HighlyFavored1 said:
My left side is more damaged, and I'm right handed. The sides of my hair (from my ears forward) really need a lot of help.

Bre Bre- have you noticed any changes? I've also found that I've been twisting my buns the same direction, causing more tension for the left, so I'm going to stop doing that.

YES!! I have noticed a change since i made this poll. My left side is filling in quite nicely. Honestly I'm not sure what has made the difference but I believe it's because I am giving equal (or sometimes more) stimulation to that side now when co-washing, rubbing, etc. In the past I would unknowingly pay more attention the the right side since thats my stronger hand.

Back