Which length of hair is the easiest to maintain

• Short hair

Votes: 29 18.5%
  • Medium length hair

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • Long hair

Votes: 55 35.0%

• Total voters
For me a twa was definitely easiest because I never had to do anything to it. I think after that APL-BSL would be the easiest. Right now my hair is sl and I hate this legnth because its not long enough for a good bun or pony and not short enough just to do nothing to.

I voted long hair. Easy to make a long braid or throw it into a ponytail. The only downside for me is that it takes longer to dry.

I definitely think medium length hair. You have to constantly mess with short hair to keep it looking right. I can throw my hair in a pony and go.

I've experienced short and medium length hair. I find medium much easier to take care of. When I dont want to be bothered I just put it in a ponytail.

Two random thoughts first...I stayed away from this thread because I thought the OP was asking the age ole question about which is easier to manage - relaxed v. natural. GLAD THAT WAS NOT THE CASE!

Second - I am mad that you consider SL short! LOL.

Answer to the thread - shorter was harder to maintain for me since I was going to a barber every week or so to shape ups, wraps did not work, had to curl everyday, LOTS of damage, etc. More options with longer hair.

As far as style options are concerned... i think that longer/med hair tends to be easier to style. Ponytails and buns are always an option. I appears that its easier to keep low/no maintenance styles when you have more length.

I am thinking med./ long because you can put it in a bun and keep it moving or a french braid. I'm working hard to get my hair bun length so I can do the same thing!:lachen:

I think Med/Long is easier to handle like the ladies before me said u can easily put it in a bun or 2 braids and go.

I am thinking long. I am medium and being mostly natural my shrinkage makes my buns look puny, and my hair lays bumpy because its hard to get all the layers smooth, and wash and gos are still at that arkward length and shape.

I am definately looking forwards to long hair.

I will say shorter hair for me. When my hair was between EL and SL all I did was wash and go. I wore a side afro puff everyday and it was easy. Since I am apl it is a chore to deal with my hair. Maybe it will get easier once I reach bsl.

Short hair. Not TWA short but a little longer. It takes quite a bit to make it look good at that length, at least to me it does. I'm still struggling.

short twa for me in it's natural state is easiest. Wash-n-gos are the easiest to maintain for sure! Medium length in it's relaxed state, for me at least. Because that's enough to put in a bun, roll, tuck or whatever. I could always combat a bad hair day with medium length hair. I've never had long hair, but I think I'm going to work towards that to see what it's like...see if it is in fact easier as some of you say.

Off to find a challenge to participate in!

for naturals, medium<short<long...i loved my TWA and even though im out of TWA phase its still too short to bun or ponytail so im stuck in WnGLand or Puff Paradise...with medium hair you can WnG, Puff, Twist, Ponytail, Bun Etc. its so versatile, and doesnt require as much maintenance and time to detangle, moisturize or style as long...

for relaxed hair i still think medium is easiest, but long hair is easier than short hair because (atleast to me) when relaxed hair is short it always has to be on point...u cant wear a puff or WnG b/c its straight so u have to constantly flat iron or curl it...atleast if its medium or long for the most part you can wrap it or pin curl it at night and just take it down in the morning

I haven't had long hair since I was a child and my mother cared for it. I can't speak on short hair because my hair has at least been SL...I guess I'm not qualified to answer, lol.

Back