Votes: 42 31.6%
  • Both

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 15 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tryn2growmyhair

I have been oiling my hair and scalp the night before I wash my hair. I would use a lot, maybe 1/3 cup of coconut oil and olive oil mixed together and sleep on it. Then I would come back and add a little bit of water and add oil to my hair and sit under the heating cap for 30 minutes before washing my hair. I have to add a little bit of water because when I sit under the heating cap with only oil in my hair, it comes out feeling baked. Water makes it feel soft.

I do all this to ease my dry, itchy scalp.

Question for you all:
Is this redudant.
If so, which method do you prefer -- the overnight or the heating cap or do you do both.

Could you please also give step by step instructions about how you do these treatments and the benefits that they have given you. Please also name specific oils or products that you use.

Thanks very much in advance.

To be honest with you I choose neither. I always seem to wash out my pre-poo whenever I did it so I stopped buying all these conditioners for it because for me it was a waste of $$. I only do deep conditioning with heat (using Lekair Cholesteral with Aloe) after I wash my hair. I do know that my sister sugaplum pre-poo's faithfully everytimes she washes. Hopefully she will chime in and post what she does in step-by-step directions for you. Sorry I could not help. :)

Neither for me....I just sit with it on my head for a few hours. Overnight tends to dry out on me and make my hair hard.

I use Coconut oil, Olive oil and Amla (I know you don't like it :-), I also use mix conditioner, honey and sometimes lekair. I get pretty good results from this. My hair feels really soft.

I chose neither. I've only done pre-poo maybe 5 times out of my life. All I do is let it sit on my hair for about 30 minutes without heat before washing it out. ;)

I leave the oils in overnight. It may be silly, but I feel that applying heat to my hair with oil on it is like frying. :lol:

I've only just started to pre poo overnight. I smother my hair with evoo, put into plaits, cover with plastic cap, then a headscarf or bonnet, leave on overnight. Next day wash out etc. etc. My hair used to be dry and brittle but now it is nice and soft.:)

How much oil do you use? 1 teaspoon, 1 tablespoon, 1 cup (joking, kind of). I hope to hear from all of you about amounts. TIA. Thanks also for all of your responses.

I voted for overnight, but I just slap a plastic cap over my oily head for an hour or two :)

Hi, tryin'!

I voted neither also; I just don't have time to do hair at night and then again in the morning! :lachen:

I use the pre-poo recipe that is on the Hair Recipe board per goldensugar; here is the link:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=68944

To her recipe, I add:

-a few heaping teaspoons of ORS Hair mayo
-a few heaping teaspoons of LeKair cholestoral
-3 tablespoons of coconut oil
-a tablespoon of Dabur Amla oil
-a tablespoon of Dabur Jasmine oil
-a few drops of Kemi Oyl

I try to leave it on at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours; it helps me soften up the ng.
Oh, I actually doubled goldensugar's recipe since I wanted to use the whole can of coconut milk. This concoction is enough for about 4-5 pre-poos.

HTH!

I actually do the prepoo w/EVOO and sometimes mix in a cond and put a baggie on and leave it for about 30 min to 1 hr. Then I wash it out! Since my new journey just began I have done this 2 times now and it has worked well

I love to prepoo, but never with just oil alone and never overnight. It just seems like I would make a mess! I love my heat cap and the moist heat, so I always use that for moisturizing prepoos and protein prepoos.;)

I pre-poo overnight using Debar Amla oil on my scalp and my hair, putting on a plastic cab and a scarf. Detangling is a breeze after this

I do both. I use the dryer pre-poo method with conditioners and the overnight method with natural oils and butters.

Overnight gives me the best results, but I hate the mushy/squishy feeling when I toss and turn at night. I use my bonnet attachment however.

I prefer to prepoo overnight with oil. I NEVER prepoo under the dryer, but I will somtimes under the steamer (with a moisturizing conditioner treatment) if my hair is especially parched.

Would you pre poo with conditioner overnight????? (I have used a reconstructor before and my hair felt wrong)

Or is it better with oils?

So is it Prepoo with oils ( I will use coconut oil+evoo) overnight
Shampoo (I use Nexxus Therappe)
Condition (I use Nexus Keraphix for 10 mins). should I leave this longer and should I add evoo to it? ( I wanted to add honey to this as well) (should I use heat?)
The rinse and add Nexuss Headress leave in.
What else would you add after the Headress to moisturize. I am thinking Scurl?

Sorry about all the questions, if you can answer any that would be great.

I voted overnight. I prepoo with a oil (EVOO or ALMA) or a conditioner with a plastic cap overnight. In the morning when a shampoo my hair it feels soo soft,moistured and replenished. It's the best.

I bet you can't beat this for laziness. I put some vatika oil on my hair and covered it with a shower cap and a pretty silk scarf.... On Tuesday! I can't be bothered to wash it. Maybe tomorrow evening. :blush: (:grin:)

Overnight Oiling. I'm just too lazy to do anything else :(

I like to pre-cowash with EVCO, EVOO, honey and a little conditioner before I go to the gym and workout. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I go to the gym with greasy looking hair but with a hairband, you really can't tell. Any way as I exercise I can really smell the coconut oil. When I CW, my hair is so smooth and moist. I love it! I learned the hard way not to use too much honey...

I was going to vote neither, but that wouldn't be helpful.

I vote for overnight prepoo. When I was trying out prepooing, that was better for me, than going under the dryer w/ the oil.
I also started prepooing only the length of my pony tail and around my edges and nape. not every bit of my hair.

I like to prepoo overnight with oils. It makes my hair soft and easy to comb through. I have noticed breakage when putting the oils in. Is this because I'm just using oils an no conditioner? I use EVCO and JBCO BTW.

Back