Where is your WEIRD patch of hair located?

TrustMeLove

I have a patch of hair in the back of my head at the nape center that is like
2A. It looks afro text, but it is wavy. It grows in soft and wavy.

Where is your patch of weird hair?

Oh and I am 4A/B.

ETA: This is crazy-ness..I KNOW I attached a poll. Now it's MIA. Great!

Last edited:
Same place as you lol.

I'm 4a with 3c in there here and there, but my nape is much more silky, easier to grow out and slightly looser than the rest of my hair. The first inch and a half from my nape is like that.

I have weird straight patches of hair all over my head...mostly in the back. They are so annoying sometimes...

When I first went natural, I used to cut them, now I just accept them as a weird part of the family:lachen::lachen:

Mine is in the crown of my head. I few years ago I had a little patch cut off for a drug test for a job, and that's the area. It's only weird because the length is way different from the rest of my hair.

the top is wavy. its odd to me because my hair is coily. and i think that my 4b patches are weird too. they're only at my temples everything behind it is 4a coils:perplexed

I have this weird 2 a/b patch right in the very front right side of my head...it used to drive me crazy when I was natural.

my halo, took me forever to accept that it was a different texture. :spinning: mainly the 3c right up front (my "bangs") are the weird patch... and i have random 4b patches throughout my hair as well. one that is on the left temple area ALWAYS makes the left side of my hair look bigger/thicker than the right side. :look:

My weird spot is the crown. It's 4b. As you go outward it goes to 4a then the hairline,nape and temples are 3c. The good news is that the 4b gives the rest of my hair some fluff, especially when I wear my puff. Gotta' love it!

My weird spot is the crown. It's 4b. As you go outward it goes to 4a then the hairline,nape and temples are 3c. The good news is that the 4b gives the rest of my hair some fluff, especially when I wear my puff. Gotta' love it!

Okay- then we are texture twins! Except my 4b crown is just 4-frizzy, crazy.

I have 2 I guess one in the top (near my hook I guess), it is tangly and dry compared to the rest of my hair. I t never seems to straighten like the rest. The other area is the nape, about 2 inches deep. It seems to be like soft 3b hair. I am sure it can't be, but in comparison:look:

Same place as you lol.

I'm 4a with 3c in there here and there, but my nape is much more silky, easier to grow out and slightly looser than the rest of my hair. The first inch and a half from my nape is like that.

You just described my hair, i find it really odd, i dont understand why it's like that.
When i wash my hair, my nape does not shrink as much as the rest and it seems to grow longer than the middle. Also when i do my twists, im finding that they don't stay as well as the rest of my hair.

My weird patch is right in the middle of my forehead.

It does not want to hold twists.

When it does hold twists they expand ALOT at the roots, so I have to seperate them and make them smaller.

Mine in nape , right side 2 inches from the nape up..very wiry about the size of a quarter..prone to dryness and fragile . I'm 3/c on the left side of my nape, even when my hair is wet that side stays loose as a goose , I have to crunch it for it to stay up, the rest is a mixture. but thank God its all mine :grin:

This is me almost exactly. I also have so straight (not caused from heat or left over relaxer because I shaved my head) hairs that sprout out throughout my fro.

the side of my head has these pieces that are straight and don't tell it's scab hair i haven't never had a relaxer.it's straight with a big ole 3a curl at the bottom and when it's wet it's 2c/3a which is like my dads texture.

because the texture at the side of my head is so loose when i where my hair in a fro they flow down like Jewish drop curls. :spinning:
so sometimes i wet them if i wear my hair in a fro cause those parts don't shrink much.

but i like my Jewish drop curls it looks interesting with my fro:grin:

My weird patch is smack in the middle of my crown area, it’s not 100% curly/coily like the rest of my hair, it’s almost straight with just a hint of curls/coils.

LOL I'm learning to accept my wierd patch...Its just above my left ear its 4b and the strands feel wiry but really really strong, my hair never splits or breaks here:yep:. I have to give it extra TLC with extra SAA in that spot when I DC otherwise its tangle city:grin:

I have a patch of really silky type 2 hair in the neck :perplexed
I just have to brush it two-three strokes and then it's completely straight. Very weird indeed.

I was reading on some website that was talking about hairtyping that alot of black people have a softer ( i cant remeber if they said looser and silker) texture in the back of their head and they showed a picture of a women with a Twa where the back looked loose, more wavy and silky, and the front was more tightly curled and looked more dry.

Right in the middle of my nape going from the very bottom to about 2-3" up, and 0.5-1" on both sides is almost straight, very silky, and never gets dry

Then the very front of my hairline, right in the middle, theres like 1-2" of very silky loose waved hair LOL

These hairs dont seem to get damaged by heat, or react to chemicals---they feel the same wet, dry, no product, ect. Weird

Back