Where are YOU NOW!!! Before and After pic :)

Wow! Nice growth

There are some seriously beautiful heads of hair on this board! It really motivates me when I'm down!

Hair in 03. My hair was actually shorter than this (bottom neck length) when I first started my hair journey but I did not think (or dare) to take pics until later.
24627614.jpg

And as of yesterday.
picture.php

I've recently gotten over a bout of major breakage, patch alopecia and a major cut to get rid of damage.

My big chop was in June and I have trimmed twice due to knots, but I have started twisting my hair at night with shea butter and a little oil and that has eliminated the knots, so hopefully no more trims. :perplexed

010-3.jpg
June 2008
002-6.jpg
December 2008

I decidedto finally post my 1 year comparison pic here now and here it is:

Dec1307Dec3rd08ComparisonPics-vi.jpg

I kept trying to take the "V" off 3 times this year but as you can see it just keeps on growing back in so I decided to just leave it alone. I am due for another trim but I won't be getting that until I remove my braids in February right after my relaxer:yep:.

I did cut 2-3 inches off the layers back in November for a more blunt cut. 2009 will be the year that I don't do any major cutting (that's what I say every year, lol)

Presentation1-vi.jpg

I joined LHCF on March 29th of this year!! I am soooo pleased with my progress thus far!!! Happy Healthy Hair Growing to all for 2009!!!

Attachments

• BeforeAfter.jpg
    BeforeAfter.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 87
Just updated my siggy. I'm trying to reach full WL, then trim the thin ends. From September to December, I don't think I got too much growth, but my hair is thickening up a bit.
Wow, your hair grows so fast. It's amazing the progress you've made in less than a year. :)

June 2007:
348290177.jpg

January 2008:
348290180.jpg

My most recent pic is in my siggy, but that's a few months old. I can't do another update till my touch-up in January, though. I joined because my growth progress has slowed down a LOT... i know you ladies can help me take it back up a notch.

WOW !!! You got amazing growth, a-m-a-z-i-n-g :blush::clapping:You Gro Girl!!!

Wow. I love your curls and great progress

Here are my comparison pics. It's easier to see the length difference when you compare the straight hair pics. My hair has SO much shrinkage when its curly.

When I was still relaxed before I found LHCF (Feb. 2004)
preLHCF-vi.jpg

Right after I big chopped and went natural (July 2007)
Morepicshairalso004a-vi.jpg

A pic of my natural hair (Oct. 2008)
607-vi.jpg

A pic of my natural hair flat ironed (October 2008)
Flatironlengthcheckcropped-vi.jpg

* Top Left: This is a pic of my hair during my transition in 2006 (I had cut off the back down to 2 inches and cut a HUGE portion of the relaxed ends off in the front (you can still see the straight ends). My hair is maybe an inch longer than you can actually see in the pic...below NL but not quite SL

*Top Right: Jan 2007: I still have about an 1.5 of relaxed ends left at the tip (or it may have been scab hair, can't quite remember). My hair was a little belwo SL

*Bottom Left: Jan 2008: My hair is completely natural in this pic and freshly trimmed. It may have been about APL or an inch past

*Bottom Right: Jan 2009: My hair is still natural and is grazing BSL (not quite ready to claim it yet, maybe in April). It's much fuller and healthier than I could have ever imagined!

Back