Where and How did you meet your spouse?

Gracie

I keep meeting men that I am in no way attracted to or men that don't (and don't want to) have their stuff together. I have one bad story after another.

So tell me...If you are in a good relationship, where and how did you meet?

I met my FH online in 2006. We are getting married next month.

Have you tried meeting people online?

No, I haven't tried that. A couple of my family members have been encouraging me to do it. The few people that I know that have done it ended up with crackpots but then they didn't wait 2 years before getting married either.

So where did you go and what did you do?

I met my DH at church.

I'm looking at your picture. You all look so sweet. Church for me would be the ideal situation provided he is not just a church goer. I moved and do not have a new church home yet so far I've visited a small church and everybody in there is married or too young.

I met my DH at work. I couldn't stand him. I was so awful to him, but in hindsight I think it was to keep him at arms length because I did like him and at the time I had a serious boyfriend. After me and that bf broke up it was only a week later and it was on and popping for me and DH. We dated 3 years and got married in June.

I put in an ad on a site online. I was living in another country at the time and I was just looking for new people (ok I'll admit guys because I like them better) to help me with the language and show me around and just hang out. I wasn't looking for a bf but that's how it turned out. We've been together a little over four years.

Last edited:
I met my DH at work. I couldn't stand him. I was so awful to him, but in hindsight I think it was to keep him at arms length because I did like him and at the time I had a serious boyfriend. After me and that bf broke up it was only a week later and it was on and popping for me and DH. We dated 3 years and got married in June.

I love it. Congratulations!! So you must have been feeling a little something something for you all to hook up in a week after you and your old bf broke up. :yep::yep: I ain't mad at you girl

I put in an ad on a site online. I was living in another country at the time and I was just looking for new people (ok I'll admit guys because I like them better) to help me with the language and show me around and just hang out. I wasn't looking for a bf but that's how it turned out. We've been together a little over four years.

You must be very fluent by now huh? :lachen: Was it as romatic as it sounds? You in another country, meeting a local, love blossoming.

No, I haven't tried that. A couple of my family members have been encouraging me to do it. The few people that I know that have done it ended up with crackpots but then they didn't wait 2 years before getting married either.

So where did you go and what did you do?

We actually waited a lot less than two years. I met dh at church and we married 11 months after we met. We've been happily married for 10 years now.

Back