When You're Not In The Mood...

-PYT

I once had a woman tell me her and her husband had gone months without coloring due to their busy schedules, the kids, etc. yet they were still happily married and there was an understanding between them. On the other hand, would you ladies consider it a red flag if in a committed relationship, the man gets upset at the fact that his gf does not want to do it on one if their weekend visits? This is a long distance situation but they see each other weekly or bi-weekly.

Are they intimate in other ways? I mean, sex doesn't necessarily make a relationship, but to go months...:confused: The fact they are long distance and they still don't make coloring a priorty when they do get the chance to see each other definitely does not resinate with me. When my husband was away for 6 months, coloring was one of the first things we did. :look:

If they see each other every weekend and he's used to getting some I can see why he may be a little antsy about a change in routine. It's not the end of the world, and they should have a discussion about it.

... On the other hand, would you ladies consider it a red flag if in a committed relationship, the man gets upset at the fact that his gf does not want to do it on one if their weekend visits? This is a long distance situation but they see each other weekly or bi-weekly.
Did he ask her why? :look: If she's "not in the mood", I don't see how flying off the handle is going to change that.

She explained to him that she had some things on her mind and sex wasn't one of them. Instead of being understanding or consoling he sulked and pouted since it will be a few Weeks til they see each other again. I told her this needs to be discussed, but she's not even sure what to say about him reacting this way.

Weird. What could be on a womans mind that sex wouldn't make better?

I could see...babe I just got back from a really hard weight lifting session so I'm not feeling very flexible.

I could see...babe I haven't slept for two days so I can't really stay awake for whatever you have in mind.

Only thing on my mind that could make me not want it would be if I were somehow questioning the relationship, or if he was somehow pissing me off...or something on that level.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

She explained to him that she had some things on her mind and sex wasn't one of them. Instead of being understanding or consoling he sulked and pouted since it will be a few Weeks til they see each other again. I told her this needs to be discussed, but she's not even sure what to say about him reacting this way.
Yeah, that's not how he should have handled that. :nono: Don't get me wrong, I can COMPLETELY understand his frustration, but again, what did he accomplish? Not only did he have a "missed opportunity" on that weekend, since his response to his GF put her off he will probably have another missed opportunity when they see each other again (nevermind the possibility that his being understanding could have gotten those other things off her mind and made room for intimacy). IMO, your friend needs to tell him how she feels in no uncertain terms.

Back