When you don't have time to rollerset...

What do you do when there's no time to rollerset?

• Wrap it & sit under the dryer

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Bun it & sit under the dryer

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let loose hair dry under the dryer then flat iron/curl

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Rollerset anyway, I'll just be late

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Blowdry and flat iron/curl, just this once won't hurt...

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters

locfreeme

What do you do when your hair has to be done (down for a special event - no protective styles like buns) and there's no time to rollerset? I've been rollersetting exclusively the last few weeks and want to continue minimizing direct heat. But, I have a party to attend in about two hours and there's no time to rollerset.

After washing and dc, I put my hair back in a loose bun, tied it down with a scarf and am sitting under the dryer as I type. I plan to set my hair on hot rollers once it's dry. But, I really don't know how it's going to turn out...

Any tips? What are other ways to get fabulous hair fast without blowdrying?

what about a twist out? those are cute. especially since I have learned how to do them:)

Since my hair isn't long enough to put in a bun, I blowdry and flatiron. I also make sure of use lots of heat protectant. I am trying to get all the wanting to flatiron my hair out of my system for the boot camp challenge. But the good thing is all next year I will be weaving and braiding it u.:grin:

rdm said:
what about a twist out? those are cute. especially since I have learned how to do them:)

I think I'll have to learn how to do them first. :) I wore twist- and braid-outs a lot when I was natural, but they don't look right when I try to do them on my relaxed hair. I guess I'll figure it out eventually.

CoCoGirl821 said:
Since my hair isn't long enough to put in a bun, I blowdry and flatiron. I also make sure of use lots of heat protectant. I am trying to get all the wanting to flatiron my hair out of my system for the boot camp challenge. But the good thing is all next year I will be weaving and braiding it u.:grin:

Well, after an hour under the dryer, I looked a HAM. So I blew it out the rest of the way and flat ironed after all. My hair is dry today but it's going back up in a bun so I guess it doesn't matter.

Caruso rollers are a great investment for times like these. They only take about 5 secs to heat up, 15 to set and let them stay in for 20-45 minutes and VIOLA!! beautiful swanging curls!

InJesusName said:
Caruso rollers are a great investment for times like these. They only take about 5 secs to heat up, 15 to set and let them stay in for 20-45 minutes and VIOLA!! beautiful swanging curls!

Yeah those are really convenient. They saved me on many many occasions. If you don't have them just wash, blowdry, and curl/flat iron(or just curl/flat iron if your hair is clean). Its not good for your hair at all but you are in a pinch. Just make sure you use a really good heat protectant.

InJesusName said:

ITA about the Caruso rollers! They save so much time and are so healthy for the hair at the same time. :yep:

I love the carusos, I've got my christmas party in a couple of hours and used them to do my hair...it's so full and swanging :lol:, it's ridiculous!
I don't know what I'd do without them.

If it's your first time out with the Caruso, a less expensive alternative (& IMO just as good) are the Vidal Sassoon ionic steam rollers. They work just like Caruso but at nearly half the price!

Caruso all the way. I hardly ever used mine since I learned how to rollerset and have a Pibbs dryer. I am sitting under it now and my sweetie is waiting on me to watch the game with him. Hair first.

Back