WHEN I SAY HENNA FOR LIFE!!!!!

Cayenne0622

:D Man, I did my second henna treatment last night and I am in love!!! This time I did not use indigo. I used henna, amla powder, pectin, evoo, jojoba oil and bottled water. I heated it in the oven for 20 mins...almost cooked it (gotta be more careful) lololol. I also added about a tablespoon of Aphoghee reconstructor conditioner. Here are a couple of pics! I'm so happy!

Henna Part II 003.jpg

Henna Part II 004 LHCF.jpg

WOW!! You hair is very pretty!! I :love: the color!! I am hoping that my hair color is similar to yours the next time I henna! It will be my second time too.

Awwww you guys are so sweet! Thanks. I couldn't be happier. I'm so glad I still have hair on my head despite all the month of horrible shedding.

Cayenne0622 said:
:D Man, I did my second henna treatment last night and I am in love!!! This time I did not use indigo. I used henna, amla powder, pectin, evoo, jojoba oil and bottled water. I heated it in the oven for 20 mins...almost cooked it (gotta be more careful) lololol. I also added about a tablespoon of Aphoghee reconstructor conditioner. Here are a couple of pics! I'm so happy!

View attachment 2980

View attachment 2981

Yes, your hair does look nice. What does heating it in the oven do to it?

@Keen - I'm too impatient to let it sit overnight like a lot of people do so I put it in the oven so that the heat of the oven will help the color release a lot quicker. I only put the oven on about 200 which is the lowest temp but I had it on 250 yesterday so I had some crusty edges on the bowl...whoops! lol I'm not looking for a lot of color. I love the conditioning and thickening effects best. It was on my hair for 2 hours.

@Alexstin - thanks lady!

Cayenne0622 said:
@Keen - I'm too impatient to let it sit overnight like a lot of people do so I put it in the oven so that the heat of the oven will help the color release a lot quicker. I only put the oven on about 200 which is the lowest temp but I had it on 250 yesterday so I had some crusty edges on the bowl...whoops! lol I'm not looking for a lot of color. I love the conditioning and thickening effects best. It was on my hair for 2 hours.

@Alexstin - thanks lady!

That's it! I'm jumping on the bandwagon.

Woooow! :shocked: I love the color.
It's so pretty. Your hair looks great!

Henna is wonderful, so I understand. I'm hooked on henna too. :grin:

Your hair looks amazing, like your posing for the cover of a relaxer box, lol :)
I would so love to do a henna/indigo treatment (I long for blue/black healthy strong hair) but Im too confused, taken back and overwhelmed with all the different recipes and information I just admire from a far.

Girl,

Your hair looks AMAZING!!!!!! My second henna treatment is this Sunday. I hope that one day my shedding will stop and my hair can be full like that!

Henna is what's up!!!!

Cayenne0622 said:

View attachment 2980

View attachment 2981

Cayenne, your hair is beautiful!! Where can i get pectin from??

Butterfly30 said:
Cayenne, your hair is beautiful!! Where can i get pectin from??

You should be able to find pectin in most grocery stores. It is an ingredient used to make jellies/jams. It should be over in the baking secion. You may see it next to the gelatins/Jell-O products.

Beautiful hair! I was wondering if anything like this would work for me. My hair is black with a little grey. I was wondering if there is something like this that would enhance my color, without lightening, and cover the grey. Also for the conditioning benefits. Any suggestions? You guys know everything! :)

Thanks everyone! I only lost 3 hairs during my shampoo yesterday. I was so happy. I did lose about 30 hair this morning during styling but that is soooooooooooooo much better than the 100+ I had been losing since June 06. Right now, I'm using the sample pectin packet that I got with my henna order from hennaforhair.com. I also purchased a box of pectin from Walmart. Its supposed to help rinse the henna out smoother. I haven't had any problems rinsing the henna from my hair. I'm not sure if its my mixture of if its because its Jamila but I know I love it.

DulceKisses said:
Your hair looks amazing, like your posing for the cover of a relaxer box, lol :)
I would so love to do a henna/indigo treatment (I long for blue/black healthy strong hair) but Im too confused, taken back and overwhelmed with all the different recipes and information I just admire from a far.

WOW! Thats an amazing compliment!:D I thought I felt good about my hair this morning but ya'll gonna have my bubble head floatin' around in this office all day!:lol:

Don't be afraid of henna. It is so simple. Its like mixing ingredients to bake a cake. Don't let the threads overwhelm you. There is a ton of information but you can customize it to fit your needs. As long as you have henna for a legitimate source, you'll be fine. I took to tablespoons of henna and dumped it in a bowl with a half cup of bottled water, a tablespoon of amla powder, a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and a cap full of jojoba oil. I added conditioner but seriously. You can add or leave out whatever you want. Henna in itself is wonderful. It just depends on what you are going for - color and/or conditioning strengthening.

Dannygirl said:
:eek: I'm mad at that! your hair is da bombbbbbbbbbbbb.... I just want to touch it...:lol:

No kidding, you took the words off my keyboard! Your hair is da bomb! LOVE IT!!!! I can't wait to Henna!

Your hair is absolutely beautiful, way to go on your process and congratulations on the slow down of that shedding!!!!

Softresses

Your hair looks really beautiful. I love the color and the fullness of it. Thanks for sharing. I just did my 2nd henna treatment (for conditioning only) yesterday and I notice a difference already. I like that I can get multiple benfits from henna. And since my lazy butt never deep conditions, this is a great incentive to do so once a week.

Great color and hair.

I've learned things from this post that I've never heard before:
1. Postting henna in the oven. :eek:
2. Putting Aphogee (protein) in henna (is this the hard-core treatment or 2 min reconstructor?)

Fabulous tips.

Back