When both are virgins, divorce rate is only 2%

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I heard this statistic on the radio saying that the divorce rate in couples where both are virgins prior to the marriage, is only 2%.
That's amazing when you think about the divorce rate as a society.

What do you ladies think would account for two virgins having a better chance (statistically) of their marriage going the distance?

People think the grass is always greener on the other side. Virgin couples who haven't been with anyone else, haven't seen other "grass" and therefore have no desire for it.

I have a friend who's been married 20 years and married her first. She says she sometimes wonders what it would be like to be with another man. I'm always telling her, "Girl, you ain't missing nothing!"

Yes--keep telling her that
smile.gif

Now that's exciting to hear!
clap.gif

I don't know what accounts for it . . . stronger commitment maybe? Maybe more likely to be mutually first loves and therefore without all the baggage.

ALRIGHT Pebbles and Pink Flower
mad.gif
Tell me why it makes sense! I have to do y'all like I do my students
laugh.gif

awwwww sounds sweet
smile.gif
even if today it's the exception and not the rule
kiss2.gif
as for myself ...i liked looking at other grass before marrying
look.gif

this is good to hear, considering me and my b/f are both virgins. i think it has to do with the couple being each others one and ONLY therfore there's a strong commitment to one another. and after you've done the deed to go and divorce would be like giving up on everything after waiting for each other so long.

Well, since both of them have no prior experience, they learn together and are more able to tell the other what they like/don't like, etc. I think when there's more experience involved, people tend not to want to say this or that. Innocence makes it a whole lot easier to be honest; there are usually no pre-conceived expectations that they won't both try to experience. Then there's that feeling of "this person is mine, all mine and I want it to stay that way." I just think there's a great level of intimacy shared by these two people that's hard to achieve otherwise. Does that make any sense, teacher?
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
pebbles said:
Then there's that feeling of "this person is mine, all mine and I want it to stay that way." I just think there's a great level of intimacy shared by these two people that's hard to achieve otherwise. Does that make any sense, teacher?
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA i think that's the main reason why i'm so scared to have sex with my b/f cause then it's like we're promised to each other FOREVERRRRRRRRR AND EVERRRRRRRRRR.

[ QUOTE ]
bree said:
this is good to hear, considering me and my b/f are both virgins. i think it has to do with the couple being each others one and ONLY therfore there's a strong commitment to one another. and after you've done the deed to go and divorce would be like giving up on everything after waiting for each other so long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations Bree! That's awesome!!
clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
pebbles said:
Well, since both of them have no prior experience, they learn together and are more able to tell the other what they like/don't like, etc. I think when there's more experience involved, people tend not to want to say this or that. Innocence makes it a whole lot easier to be honest; there are usually no pre-conceived expectations that they won't both try to experience. Then there's that feeling of "this person is mine, all mine and I want it to stay that way." I just think there's a great level of intimacy shared by these two people that's hard to achieve otherwise. Does that make any sense, teacher?
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Also, I think when they are both virgins, there's nobody to compare your partner too. I think many times with women, they go into a relationship wondering if they compare to the last person he was with, and visa versa. With virgins, it starts with a clean slate and all you discover together is more exciting, because it's the first time. Each person can't say if something is "right" or "wrong" all they can say is if they like it or not. It probably take soooo much stress off love making, living together, and just making a home a happy home.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
bree said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wow! Good job Bree--now that makes it make alot of sense to me, especially your last sentence.

I just think sex is powerful, so powerful that it NEEDS to be with your spouse only. I think 2 virgins, for one must have some serious dedication just to remain pure and they also dont have all the excess baggage that comes with sex (soul ties etc etc).

I think being intimate with someone can distort the TRUTH of relationship. When you dont have sex and just "court" you really see that true individual. So when and if you do get married, sex is the icing on the cake...

Of course I dont think a relationship is doomed if you had premarital sex, but there are consequences that display themselves in your relationship..

But on a religious tip, this statistic is more like "tangible evidence" of what the Bible says, so thats why it makes sense to me..

there are no expectations to live up to, there are no thinking about flings because he/she doesnt satisfy you. if both people are virgins that means they are both morally and spiritually god-fearing which is a indicator that they will take there wedding vowels very serious.

[ QUOTE ]
Tami said:
there are no expectations to live up to, there are no thinking about flings because he/she doesnt satisfy you. if both people are virgins that means they are both morally and spiritually god-fearing which is a indicator that they will take there wedding vowels very serious.

[/ QUOTE ]
Co-signing this.
Also with that serious a view of marriage, maybe they are more likely to really look HARD at the other person and themselves beforehand and say, "Is this the one I want handing me my dentures in the morning 60 years from now?"

[ QUOTE ]
cybra said:
[ QUOTE ]
pebbles said:
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Also, I think when they are both virgins, there's nobody to compare your partner too. I think many times with women, they go into a relationship wondering if they compare to the last person he was with, and visa versa. With virgins, it starts with a clean slate and all you discover together is more exciting, because it's the first time. Each person can't say if something is "right" or "wrong" all they can say is if they like it or not. It probably take soooo much stress off love making, living together, and just making a home a happy home.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.
laugh.gif
I'VE DONE A WHOLE LOT OF COMPARING OVER THE YEARS!
There is nothing wrong with waiting til marriage...........well, there is nothing wrong with YOU GUYS waiting til marriage.

well i wish me and my mate was virgins before we met i think things would be alot better. Or Atleast if we had one other person beside each other. Then we wouldn't have to wonder about stupid things like "was her ex a better lover" Because when i see people that my girlfriend has been with Im like ugh.

[ QUOTE ]
AFashionSlave said:
laugh.gif
I'VE DONE A WHOLE LOT OF COMPARING OVER THE YEARS!
There is nothing wrong with waiting til marriage...........well, there is nothing wrong with YOU GUYS waiting til marriage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gurl, you and me both
sekret.gif

More power to the virgins..but since I'm no longer one, I am sooooooo glad I tested the waters cuz some of these brothas aint worth waiting for
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
wasntme.gif

------------------
Knowledge is Power

Im not a virgin but I never felt the need to compare...but an easy way to tell is by a simple kiss
smile.gif
(well at least it is for me). IMO if you dont have any sparks on the first kiss, then chances are nuthing else will really spark either. I dont think anyone has to be "experienced" to know that. Unfotunately I didn't know that a few years ago, but now I have no drama (and no sex either
laugh.gif
)

[ QUOTE ]
ANaturalBrotha said:
well i wish me and my mate was virgins before we met i think things would be alot better. Or Atleast if we had one other person beside each other. Then we wouldn't have to wonder about stupid things like "was her ex a better lover" Because when i see people that my girlfriend has been with Im like ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

ANaturalBrotha, do you have any male virgin friends who are waiting for a virgin? Do you think guys have a lot of peer pressure not to be a virgin?

Good luck finding your male virgin.

Unfortunately, my friend was in the 2%. She and her husband were virgins and he turned out to be DL.

[ QUOTE ]
vevster said:

Unfortunately, my friend was in the 2%. She and her husband were virgins and he turned out to be DL.

[/ QUOTE ]

im sorry but
laugh.gif
my goodness
shocked.gif
....*sigh*

[ QUOTE ]
vevster said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say that I was necessarily looking for one--just sharing an interesting statistic. BTW, my ex fiancee was/is a virgin.

Back