what's the one thing you WON'T do to your hair?

@SimJam I liked qod organiq and arosci intensive restructuring foam so far but I wouldn't consider them "the one". I plan on trying Inoar argan oil next because it is one of the safest formulas on the market.

@Stormy the biggest difference between a new age formaldehyde free bkt and an "alternative" is the ratio of ingredients and the format of the formula. The alternatives are usually foams while bkts are liquids or creams. Since they eventually do the same thing I call them both "smoothing treatments". Which one did you use?

Napp oh ok, got it. Thanks! After doing a lot of research, reading the BKT Alternative forum,and getting advice I was going to try Design Essentials, but it wasn't in my budget and I wanted to start out small. So I used the Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy. I love this stuff! It's only a 30-day treatment, but that's fine because I don't plan to wear it straight for more than a month at a time until I reach my goal length.

I might try Arosci when I'm ready instead of Design Essentials since I see they have a sample kit.

I will never:
Get cornrows put back in my hair
Henna again! It dried my hair out so bad, even though I DCed like crazy! It did some major damage to my hair and ends and I had to get 1 inch chopped off due to splitting and dryness!

Last edited:
I can't say "never" but it's highly unlikely that I will

• get braids again
  • permanently dye my hair (maybe temporarily dye it but I am such a scaredy cat about color!)
  • cut/shave off my hair...short styles are cute but I just love having long hair!
  • wear a weave...wigs are okay to me (although I've never worn one) but I've heard so many horror stories about weaves that I'd rather just avoid them.
  • put food in my hair (banana treatments, honey, etc.)...with the exception of an egg as a protein treatment if there is nothing else

Last edited:
Back