What's the BEST leave-in conditioner??

Cleve_gryl

Help ladies!! I'm in the market for a nice, new moisturizing leave in. I typically like to apply a creamy leave in (good liquids recs wanted too) after washing my hair and before rollersetting. Which ones do you swear by??

I've heard good things about LTR leave in, I have NTM silk touch which I like on dry hair better...

i use jane carter leave in conditioner (the spray) for rollersets. it comes out really silky and shiny. it's also really good with detangling. i'm still looking for something good for wash and gos. it's also supposed to be a heat protectant although i'm not sure.

I love love love RedKen Butter Treat (smooth down line) as a leave in. I usually use that then seal with avocado oil!

I've seen this at CVS :scratchch

It replaced Stars Lacio Lacio and Salerm 21, Only because I got tired of ordering off of the web, but those two are great also.

So the responses are great coming in. Looks like you will have plenty of choices to pick from. :yep:

RZ~

Elucence and Giovanni conditioners (not necessarily the actual leave-in). Giovanni for rollersets because the Elucence kinda weighs my hair down for rollersets.

i am still in love with paul mitchell's moisture mist, i use it everyday.
but i also like ojon revitalizing mist and paul mitchell the conditioner.
for a wash and go i love carols daughter hair milk.

Keep the suggestions coming ladies!! I really appreciate it.

I was just out and about, happened upon Rite Aid and picked up some Biolage Hydra-Seal leave in creme :blush:.

Biolage Hydra-Seal Leave In Creme infuses moisture instantly as gentle shaping polymers make dry hair easy to style. Soy proteins penetrates, helping to boost elasticity from the inside out. Split ends are sealed, leaving hair naturally shiny, soft and under control.

Has anyone used this? Never heard of it before :nono: I'm a PJ at heart, so if I don't like this stuff, I'll buy one of yalls suggestions.

For leave ins I like:
HE LTR
Giovanni Direct
Sebastian potion #9

for rollersets:
Sebastians #9 (just a little) adda a really nice shine
Lottabody
ORS setting foam

Blended Beauty SilkShake

runner ups:

Qhemet Biologics Coconut Detangler
MOP leave-in
Bumble And Bumble Alojoba conditioner
Garnier Length and Strength leave-in + Sleek And Straight Serum

Keep the suggestions coming ladies!! I really appreciate it.

I was just out and about, happened upon Rite Aid and picked up some Biolage Hydra-Seal leave in creme :blush:.

Biolage Hydra-Seal Leave In Creme infuses moisture instantly as gentle shaping polymers make dry hair easy to style. Soy proteins penetrates, helping to boost elasticity from the inside out. Split ends are sealed, leaving hair naturally shiny, soft and under control.

Has anyone used this? Never heard of it before :nono: I'm a PJ at heart, so if I don't like this stuff, I'll buy one of yalls suggestions.

I haven't used that specific Biolage prodcut but I have used their Daily Leave in Tonic. That stuff is fabulous if you are looking for a watery leave-in as opposed to the a creamy one. Even though I haven't used it, I would probably still recommend 'cause Biolage makes some quality products.

I also want to add another vote for Salerm and Lacio.

I like Fermodyl Interactives Double 0619 Treatment & Shine Dual Action Leave-In Moisturizing Formula for Dry Hair (this is what the bottle says)

I use it and im a natural and it really moisturizes my hair. My sister uses it and she's relaxed and her hair is always soft to the touch (moisturized) and healthy.
HTH

Rusk Sensories Smoother "leave in" works for me :yep:

RZ~

Major co-sign!! :yep::yep:

I had to replace my Lacio with the Rusk b/c they changed up the formula.

I dilute it with water in my spray bottle for rollersets and the comb just glides. :love:

Last edited:
My favorite product to use before roller-setting is Decca Plus Satin Tame. I get the shiniest roller sets ever when using this product. In terms of a gereal leave-in I just leave a slight bit of my favorite moisturizing conditioners in my hair when rinsing; My favorites are KeraCare Humecto and Elucence MB Conditioner. Leaving some of the conditioner in makes for an extremely easy combout and moisturizes my hair so that I don't have to use a lot of products to set my hair.

AG Fast Food leave on conditioner--I can sing it enough praises..lol! Smells really good and keeps my hair hydrated from root to tip!

I also like Humectress luxe moisturizing leave in by Nexxus. I just discovered it but its the best...

Back