What's the BEST leave-in conditioner??

Thanks for starting this topic. I am going to watch this thread.

As you can see from my siggie, my staple leave-in is now unavailable and I am in the market for a new one.

I have already purchased a bottle of Alba Botanica leave-in and a bottle of Kiehl's leave-in. Neither of those have silicone, which is what I like about my leave-in.

The Kiehls looks like it comes with a hefty price tag, but I got this bottle really cheap on Ebay. The Alba Botanica had a nice price (like $7) and I picked it up from a local health food store, so I am hoping it will be my favorite of the two.

I was also eyeing the Beauty Without Cruelty leave-in, also at the health food store.

I am sure I can find a nice silicone free one. I did not care for the Giovanni Direct, though.

Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner is the best leave in I've ever used. this conditioner can be used as a rinse out,leave in and a deep conditioner.

Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner is the best leave in I've ever used. this conditioner can be used as a rinse out,leave in and a deep conditioner.

Ooh, thanks for the heads up. I found out about Oyin when I was attempting to dreadlock. Purchased one of their products and was satisfied. I'll try this one too. I want to try setting my locks on occasion.

I stumbled upon this thread while researching leave-in conditioner. I have joined a swap and need to formulate a leave-in conditioner to be shipped by the end of September. My, this is going to be a larger task that I thought :grin:. I want my product to:
  • moisturize
  • shine
  • detangle
  • smell great
to name a few. I am hoping this is possible all in one product. And, as my hair is natural, if there has to be a distinction, I want it to lean toward those with chemical-free hair. I am seeing some products on the market claim to work for it all. I kinda wonder about that claim. Wouldn't natural hair have different needs than one full of chemicals? Well, guess my research goes on so I will know the answer.

Excited to see what I come up with.

Last edited:
Update!!!? Hmm what is the best leave in conditioner after cowashing? Or do you just use that conditioner as a leave in, can you even do THAT!?

My Current Favs are:grin::

AG Fast Food
Alba Botanica
Salerm 21 B5
Beauty w/o Cruelty
AE Nourish Spa

*just ordered Christine Gant's detangling leave-in...so we'll see*

My Faves:
Jane Carter Solutions Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner
CHI Keratin Mist Leave-In Strengthening Treatment
ApHogee Pro-Vitamin Leave-In Conditioner
ElastaQP H-2 Leave-In Conditioner
Design Essentials Hydrate Leave-In Conditioner

Hmmm thats a lot of diff leave in's i need a good moisturizer.... a leave in that really mositurizes my hair.... hmmm

..........................................................................................................

Last edited:
I'm only starting to transition, but I use Africa's Best Deep Conditioner as a leave in, it smells really nice and leaves even the curliest parts of my hair soft & smooth, with no hair dryer & no flat iron. Makes combing very easy. :) Also, for $2.99 per 12 ounce bottle, it's not bad. link

i like GDLI and i used to use cantu shea butter...i hear great reviews about HETLR so i wanna try that, and i also like Nexxus Humectress Luxe...its like a light leave-in spray... 90&=% of the time i just leave in Aussie Moist or an HE condish though

I really like Curl Milkshake from the Curls line. It smells great and it is all natural with no silicones, parabens, mineral oils, or other icky stuff that my hair doesn't seem to like too much. It doesn't have any hold though so I top it off with a bit of Eco Styler Gel. Helps me get soft curls that don't frizz.

Bed Head Moisture Maniac
Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine(not the leave in one)
Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
Elucence MBC
HE LTR
Aussie Moist

Wow I have been using this CHI Keratin Leav-in, and I really like it. My hair is softer, smells good, and more managable. Think this will be added to my favs.

Anyone uses cheapie once like Motions ?
I hate Motions as a brand because it does nothing for my hair, but I do use cheapies. Don't get no cheaper than HE HH or VO5 left in after a cowash session. I love the GVP Paul Mitchell the Conditioner, which is like $5. Giovanni Direct was on sale for $5.99 at Whole Foods last week, but it never runs more than $8ish.

I recently picked up some Aphogee Green Tea + Keratin since I am wet bunning and have to keep my ends strong. It's pretty good so far.

Dr.Bronner's Organic Hair Creme
Its easy to over do it with this leave in. But its creamy and has lots of good oils in it like coconut oil, jojoba oil, and hemp oil. Water is the first ingredient.

Help ladies!! I'm in the market for a nice, new moisturizing leave in. I typically like to apply a creamy leave in (good liquids recs wanted too) after washing my hair and before rollersetting. Which ones do you swear by??

I've heard good things about LTR leave in, I have NTM silk touch which I like on dry hair better...
Aubrey Organics White Camellia Conditioner :)

Back