What's on your 2009 wish list?

dinaaike

I'm committed to not buying anything until next year. But as usual, there is a list of things that I'd like to give a go 'round.

I'd like to try a mini-glide, even though I love my current (rarely-used) flat iron. I'd like to find my ideal comb and detangling brush. And I really have to invest in some suitable hair accessories, cause my hair is gonna start laughing at these little claw clips pretty soon. :look:

What's on your list?

1. I want to try Joico and Redken products
2. UPA clip to bun until my hair grows out more.
3. "Dee" Semi-Wig
4. Curl Formers

I want a proper steamer. *sigh*
And I want a whole range of hair accessories. :yep:

I think that's about it, though.

ETA: Oooh, and I want to try out Aubrey Organics, too.

ETAA: Oooh, and definitely a gallon of Mega-Tek. I wish they sold the Cream Rinse in gallon sizes, too. *sigh*

Last edited:
Joico K-Pak Professional Formula E-L/80 Chemical Activator
Joico K-Pak Professional - Cuticle Sealer pH Neutralizer
Joico K-Pak Professional H.K.P. Liquid Protein Chemical Perfector

I gotta have these products. I want to utilize them on relaxer day.

I want a thin flat-iron,too. One of those ultra thin 1" ones. Corioliss (sp?) and Babyliss both make one.

Last edited:
Not much - I have a whole slew of stuff that I still need to use up. I do want to try the new Redken Real Control and some more hair accessories. That's it!

Patience on my hair growth. Note to self: No, my hair did not get longer overnite.:drunk:

I'm in the Buy Nothing Until 2009 Challenge and my wish list is steadily growing:

1. Qhemet Biologics samples of all the moisturizers
2. Shescentit samples for the Banana Brulee and both butters
3. Karen Body Beautiful Hair Butter
4. Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment
5. Jessicurl TooShea Deep Conditioner
6. Blended Beauty BB5 Sample Kit
7.Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix Moisturizing Conditioner
8. WEN
9. FHI Flat Iron

I'm in the Buy Nothing Until 2009 Challenge and my wish list is steadily growing:

1. Qhemet Biologics samples of all the moisturizers
2. Shescentit samples for the Banana Brulee and both butters
3. Karen Body Beautiful Hair Butter
4. Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment
5. Jessicurl TooShea Deep Conditioner
6. Blended Beauty BB5 Sample Kit
7.Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix Moisturizing Conditioner
8. WEN
9. FHI Flat Iron

I'm in this challenge too!

*pibbs
*curl formers
*qhemet
*hairveda
*shescentit
*megatek
*phyto or syntonics
*all things ceramides
*essential/carrier oils, butters, & additives
*FULL TAILBONE!
*a host of hair buddies....

Joico K-Pak Professional Formula E-L/80 Chemical Activator
Joico K-Pak Professional - Cuticle Sealer pH Neutralizer
Joico K-Pak Professional H.K.P. Liquid Protein Chemical Perfector

I gotta have these products. I want to utilize them on relaxer day.

I want a thin flat-iron,too. One of those ultra thin 1" ones. Corioliss (sp?) and Babyliss both make one.

Okay chica...spill the beans on these joico products. You know I love the kpak line on relaxer day.

My list

more rinses....Colorshowers and Sebastian
Giovanni Magnetic line
Sebastian 2n1 conditioner
TIGI stuff
UNA stuff
More variety of Rollers
A steamer

ETA: Another flat iron (a bigger one), Hot Rollers(I gave my nice Babyliss ones away), A wave iron, Ojon stuff

Big sizes of Joico Moisture Recovery, Paul Mitchell Supercharged, Another Liter set of Joico Kpak shampoo and conditioner, Kenra MC

Last edited:
Okay chica...spill the beans on these joico products. You know I love the kpak line on relaxer day.

I know nothing about them except that I want 'em. :lol:

I heard someone here raving about the Chemical Activator. She puts it in her relaxer.
This is what I found out about that one:
Joico K-Pak Professional Formula E-L/80 Chemical Activator provides permanent wave, haircolor, and hair lightener insurance. Enriched with essential fatty acids, vitamin E and lecithin, this chemical service additive is used with color, perms, lighteners and relaxers to improve desired end results and overall health of hair. For all chemical services, hair is left with improved condition, shine and health.

Here are the others:
Joico K-Pak Professional H.K.P. Liquid Protein Chemical Perfector is a pure liquid form of human hair keratin protein that improves chemical services as a porosity equalizer when used for color or to improve hair’s strength and integrity when perming or straightening. When used with color services, color lasts longer, looks more vibrant and is even from scalp to ends. When used with perming or straightening, H.K.P. strengthens hair and results in improved texture patterns that last longer with less damage occurring during the processing stage.

Joico K-Pak Professional - Cuticle Sealer pH Neutralizer smoothes and tightens the cuticle, locks in curls and color, and reduces pH swelling to restore hair back to its natural state of 4.5-5.5. Cuticle is locked down and sealed. Any sign of swelling or raised cuticle is diminished. It deactivates and removes ammonia and peroxide residues while eliminating perm odors.

I want them!!!! I need them!!!!

I heard someone here raving about the Chemical Activator. She puts it in her relaxer.
This is what I found out about that one:
Joico K-Pak Professional Formula E-L/80 Chemical Activator provides permanent wave, haircolor, and hair lightener insurance. Enriched with essential fatty acids, vitamin E and lecithin, this chemical service additive is used with color, perms, lighteners and relaxers to improve desired end results and overall health of hair. For all chemical services, hair is left with improved condition, shine and health.

Here are the others:
Joico K-Pak Professional H.K.P. Liquid Protein Chemical Perfector is a pure liquid form of human hair keratin protein that improves chemical services as a porosity equalizer when used for color or to improve hair’s strength and integrity when perming or straightening. When used with color services, color lasts longer, looks more vibrant and is even from scalp to ends. When used with perming or straightening, H.K.P. strengthens hair and results in improved texture patterns that last longer with less damage occurring during the processing stage.

Joico K-Pak Professional - Cuticle Sealer pH Neutralizer smoothes and tightens the cuticle, locks in curls and color, and reduces pH swelling to restore hair back to its natural state of 4.5-5.5. Cuticle is locked down and sealed. Any sign of swelling or raised cuticle is diminished. It deactivates and removes ammonia and peroxide residues while eliminating perm odors.

Um Yeah. I might have to order one of those this week. Can you imagine how nice these would be the next time I color! I could highlight without fear (well almost no fear) :lol:

liter of giovanni direct....WEN sweet almond conditioner......more CURLS milkshake or souffle.....AVEDA be curly conditioner.......btw...im not in the challenge so i will be buying some of these soon

Liter size Aveda DR poo and condish
Extra wide and long curlformers
FHI Platform
Phyto relaxer
Mesh rollers
Vatika frosting
Maybe a steamer
A leave in and a moisturizer that actually works for my hair consistantly :(

I want a proper steamer. *sigh*
And I want a whole range of hair accessories. :yep:

I think that's about it, though.

ETA: Oooh, and I want to try out Aubrey Organics, too.

ETAA: Oooh, and definitely a gallon of Mega-Tek. I wish they sold the Cream Rinse in gallon sizes, too. *sigh*

Yes, I'm totally quoting myself, but they DO sell the Cream Rinse in the gallon size! :lick:

If you try this one, keep m--I mean US--posted! :look:

- Hairveda products
- Afro detangler (although I might end up getting that before the year ends :look:)
- Phyto products - I just tried Phyto7 (got a sample from Sephora) and I think I'm in love. :love2: (but this is TRULY a wish item, because it's so expensive :nono:)
- To decide, once and for all, if I will texlax or remain natural
- Getting my hair flat-ironed/pressed once a month

- Hairveda products
- Afro detangler (although I might end up getting that before the year ends :look:)
- Phyto products - I just tried Phyto7 (got a sample from Sephora) and I think I'm in love. :love2: (but this is TRULY a wish item, because it's so expensive :nono:)
- To decide, once and for all, if I will texlax or remain natural
- Getting my hair flat-ironed/pressed once a month

I vote Natural! like your hair. :yep:

I am mad at you about the Phyto. I know I will not be able to afford it!

- Pibbs
- Chi flat iron
- Liter size of aveda DR poo & con
- Ag fast food leave in
- Mid back hair lol
- Colorshowers

Last edited:
Back