What Your Stylist Does'nt Want You To Know

rowandaP

What Your Stylist Does\'nt Want You To Know

Has anyone, seen/read this.

Is it worth the bucks???

I want to know what the "Dirty Little Secret" is..

"""""Hot Off The Press.......

The e-Book that has the whole industry buzzing. The e-Book that breaks all of the rules. Over 9,000 copies sold!!!

Uncover the secrets used to grow hair!
Easily eliminate dandruff...NOW!
Learn some of the dirtiest tricks stylists have ever played on clients. """"

http://www4.blackhairmedia.com/bhm_bookoffer.htm

I figure with 9,000 copies sold, some of them must have been LHCF Members
smile.gif

Re: What Your Stylist Does\'nt Want You To Know

I haven't seen this book but I wouldn't buy because that information is right here on LHCF.

[ QUOTE ]
HoneyLemonDrop said:
Isnt Dwayne a stylist himself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think he is. That's why I'm curious to know what "dirty tricks" he says stylist played on clients.

Where on LHCF can I find this?
smiley13.gif

Or the Hair Growth techniques he discusses, is it anything different than we know?

[ QUOTE ]
rowandaP said:
[ QUOTE ]
HoneyLemonDrop said:
Isnt Dwayne a stylist himself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think he is. That's why I'm curious to know what "dirty tricks" he says stylist played on clients.

Where on LHCF can I find this?
smiley13.gif

Or the Hair Growth techniques he discusses, is it anything different than we know?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering the same thing. I subscribe to his message baord and I dont care for some of his advice. I have never asked him anything, I just wanted to see what kind of advice he gives out. I feel that most of those people who ask him questions would be much better off over here. Im kind of curious as to what's in this book, but Im not going to pay for it because I'd be too scared that it's stuff I either already knew or could have figured out myself.

Yeah, I'd hate to shell out $10 for something I already know.

I'm surprised, no one here has read it.

Hmm, I can think of a few things alot of stylists don't want people to know:

1. They may cut your hair because it is easier for them, not because your hair is damaged.
2. They may tell you they are using one brand of relaxer when they are using another on your hair--and will charge you the price of the salon-brand relaxer.
3. They may overlap you on purpose just to keep your hair damaged so that you have to visit them more often for treatments.
4. You probably don't need to relax every 4 weeks--but they want you to because its more $$$ for them.
5. You can do most deep treatments at home and save your money.
I'm sure there's more.

I got an e-mail about this e-book a while back. I almost bought it, but decided not to. The author is a stylist so I figured it was just gonna be more lies.
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
UmSumayyah said:
They may overlap you on purpose just to keep your hair damaged so that you have to visit them more often for treatments.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats so foul
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
2. They may tell you they are using one brand of relaxer when they are using another on your hair--and will charge you the price of the salon-brand relaxer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always wondered about this... In 15+ yrs of getting touch ups at a salon, I can count on one hand the times I saw the relaxer tub. Usually the stylist just appeared from behind the "magic curtain" with a bowl of relaxer.
frown.gif

wow-i am so thankful for my stylist!

i hope borders has this book in stock b/c i sure would'nt mind leafing through it...

One day ladies...one day... we will have an LHCF certified stylist in every city
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always wondered about this... In 15+ yrs of getting touch ups at a salon, I can count on one hand the times I saw the relaxer tub. Usually the stylist just appeared from behind the "magic curtain" with a bowl of relaxer.
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That's true! There have been a few times where I saw the tub of relaxer but not very often.

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Magic Curtain!!!
lachen70.gif
So true. I once had a stylist that I still think to this day put bleach or something in my hair.

Bump

Someone named "askdwayne" joined the forum. I wonder if it's the same person?

wave.gif

Yeah, that's him
smile.gif
We spoke last night and he was wondering how to post. I look forward to seeing his posts.

I don't know if they do this or not, but I think the mods should send a welcome note explaining the procedures to new members, right after they join.

Save your money, I'm quite sure the info on LHCF is better than what's in that book, $5.00 is better than ten, plus you get extras, people to help you with your homework, thanks kitchentician

askdwayne is a cool guy, he has a forum on yahoo groups and all he does is answer hair related questions...which is very nice because Im sure its time consuming for one person to answer 100 different ppls questions and problems all the time. Id buy the book just for that! Its only 9.95 from blackhairmedia's site, thats only about the cost of one salon product. Ive been meaning to buy it but cant ever get the link to work.

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
I just read my comments in this thread.
smil3f9cf8dd249ff.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ Sassy.
lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
smil3f9cf8dd249ff.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
askdwayne is a cool guy, he has a forum on yahoo groups and all he does is answer hair related questions...which is very nice because Im sure its time consuming for one person to answer 100 different ppls questions and problems all the time...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, just from our pm's, he seems like a cool guy. Come on out Dwayne, so we can chat!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Zola said:
[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
smil3f9cf8dd249ff.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ Sassy.
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]