what would you do?

SeeLexus

So yesterday before I left for work. I got my boyfriend of a year. A giftcard to footlocker for valentines day inside a card and left it on his computer. He had to work that night. So I come home excited to see my gift. He tied a valentines balloon around a gallon of sweet tea from trader joes. A card and inside the card..he gave me back the footlocker gift card I gave him. With a note dinner is made for you in the fridge. I was so dissapointed. I went to bed...and left for work this morning. I put back the gift card on his computer. Should I tell him I'm dissapointed? Or is it the thought that counts. I like sweet tea...but that is not a gift.

So yesterday before I left for work. I got my boyfriend of a year. A giftcard to footlocker for valentines day inside a card and left it on his computer. He had to work that night. So I come home excited to see my gift. He tied a valentines balloon around a gallon of sweet tea from trader joes. A card and inside the card..he gave me back the footlocker gift card I gave him. With a note dinner is made for you in the fridge. I was so dissapointed. I went to bed...and left for work this morning. I put back the gift card on his computer. Should I tell him I'm dissapointed? Or is it the thought that counts. I like sweet tea...but that is not a gift.

I am so sorry to laugh cuz I know you are dead serious but:lol::lol:

I would let him know that I was disappointed in the re-gifted FL card. Did you guys discuss giving V-day prior?

I didn't get anything, mine told me he forgot then said Vday isn't important. Didn't even get a phone call rather a group text message...

Perhaps, your bf forgot and was embarrassed that he didn't get you a "real gift" so he gave you back the gift card

We will see if he follows up with something else. Lol SMH I didn't even open up the sweet tea lol left it with the balloon tied around it.

wayminit....hold up.

u got a gallon of tea and cold dinna for valentines day?

i would take my card back and put dat money back in my account.
l.jpg

Attachments

• trader joes.jpg
    trader joes.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Tell him the tea, balloon, dinner, and card were nice, but that the regift was disappointing. He should know better, but well he tried, so be sweet about it, but let him know you want him to keep the gifts you give him. Focus on the good he did though :yep:, don't let this overshadow the sweet things he did. Dh used to give me things like luggage for Valentine's Day, not anymore, now he's always very romantic and sweet. But I had to tell him.

Last edited:
I would take that tea and pour it all over him, without saying a word. he spent like 3.99, prolly used his club discount card and got an extra gallon for himself, which prolly brought the cost down to like 2.99 and paid .99 for da balloon. GTFOH!! I would be insulted.

Oh! The gift card he gave you back was meant to be a gift to you???? I thought he gave it back because he didn't want it/ didnt want you spending money on him.

I'm by no means saying all guys are obligated to buy valentine's gifts..... But to give you your own present back and expect you to acept that as your valentine's gift??? That's so RUDE!

Even friends wouldn't do that.

I woulda poured that tea on his computer! And how you regift the gift I got you TO ME the same year I got it for you?!

Did he at least have a new card? Or did he use yours and scratch out what he wrote in order to write his message?! Smh

I would take that tea and pour it all over him, without saying a word. he spent like 3.99, prolly used his club discount card and got an extra gallon for himself, which prolly brought the cost down to like 2.99 and paid .99 for da balloon. GTFOH!! I would be insulted.

LOLOL.....

I really thought this was a joke until you kept posting details.
I'm sorry this happened to you. I would guess he knew your expectations since it appears you live together. Is this your first Valentine's Day with him?

I'm not sure how to even take something like that. A $3.99 gallon of tea with a balloon, a card, re-gifted Footlocker gift card that you gave him that morning and dinner in the fridge. Did he at least make dinner as a treat or was it just something he bought?

Wait a second...Trader Joe's has a club card? :look:

Anyway, sounds like a set up for a better gift. I refuse to believe this is how this story ends.

This happened to me in my younger days and I new my guy was just plain cheap and insensitive. I received the ugliest, cheapest, half dead, mismatched flowers, in the dirtiest water you can imagine our last Valentines Day. He had the money and/or the means to do better. Now, he spent money on himself like there was no tomorrow. Motorcycle, jet skies, jewelry, etc...when it came to me he found the most creative ways to avoid doing anything for me or giving me anything. Do you think he did this bc he doesn't have the money or because he is naturally cheap? If it don't feel right then you already know the answer. He doesn't necessarily have to spend money if money is an issue. He can find other creative and meaning full things to do to honor you on Valentines Day. Look at the relationship in its totality and you will know what's going on here. If this is how he celebrates and honors you right now, what do you think your future birthdays, Valentine Days, anniversaries will look like?

He is pretty cheap. However we just got back from Vegas supervisor weekend. So maybe he needed to wait til payday- which is today. I will update you when I get home if he adds to this or not..I will ask him why did he regift the gift card back to me. Wth?

OP, i'm not sure if i'm reading this wrong but the way it's presented looks more like he threw shade at YOU. Does your SO like Footlocker? Maybe he didnt like your gift or thought that you were being cheap-hence the Trader Joes tea, the return of the gift card and the message that dinner is in the fridge. The whole delivery seems cold to me... I hope i'm just reaching...

If its his place I would've thrown the cold food and tea all over his kitchen floor, taken my gift card and split.

OT: OP your hair and makeup is straight up GAWJUS!!!!

As for your question....I have no idea. LOL. I'd be kinda salty though....without a doubt.

I would buy me some new sneakers to walk out the door. I could kinda almost half arse understand the tea and dinner. But the giftcard? Last straw!

OMG this is so funny to me! :lachen: I'm so sorry OP but I'm just picturing a balloon on that TJs gallon of tea. :lol: I wouldn't put him through the fire and brimstone for this but I'd definitely let him know that what he did isn't kewl at all.

Back